First Name
TopGun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SONATA GL Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had anyone added XM to the existing XL/XLT head unit ? I really want to have XM (non AA app) but don't want the sync radio.

fcoplo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat FX4 South America Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great work! thanks for sharing all details . I will do the same when my Mav arrives.
I wonder if you can share the connector part number or some identification for the "ACM male" (the one that you connect to the present connector in the truck to get all the signals and power from it).
Maybe mouser has it.
I have all the parts, apim sync4, apim connector , acm female, but not that one, and I don't want to unpin the present, want to make one plug and play harness.
Thanks in advanced.
BR
FC
Ford Maverick How To: Sync 3/4 swap for non Sync 3 XL/XLT acm_male

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
dammit...

Ford Maverick How To: Sync 3/4 swap for non Sync 3 XL/XLT takemymoney

My Escape had navigation and even though I thought it was rubbish compared to google maps on android auto, I'd still much rather have it and wireless android auto. So... down this rabbit hole I go.

Mattland76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just uninstalled my sync 3 upgrade from my 22 Maverick XLT and posting parts here for sale. Including harness (built as shown from this thread), non-nav sync 3, and compatible ACM. Model numbers in photos. System worked perfectly with known limitations. You’ll have to do your own forscan programming. Take all for $600

Ford Maverick How To: Sync 3/4 swap for non Sync 3 XL/XLT IMG_0369

Ford Maverick How To: Sync 3/4 swap for non Sync 3 XL/XLT IMG_0370

Ford Maverick How To: Sync 3/4 swap for non Sync 3 XL/XLT IMG_0371

Ford Maverick How To: Sync 3/4 swap for non Sync 3 XL/XLT IMG_0372

Ford Maverick How To: Sync 3/4 swap for non Sync 3 XL/XLT IMG_0373

Sponsored

yamahaSHO

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 07 Jeep CRD, 04 S2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just uninstalled my sync 3 upgrade from my 22 Maverick XLT and posting parts here for sale. Including harness (built as shown from this thread), non-nav sync 3, and compatible ACM. Model numbers in photos. System worked perfectly with known limitations. You’ll have to do your own forscan programming. Take all for $600

IMG_0369.jpeg

IMG_0370.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg

IMG_0372.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg
Still available?

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone that has done this mod or familiar with it, do you know if there is an option for a front facing camera? I'm wanting to do the sync 3 for the ability to have the front facing camera.

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So Im looking to install Sync 3 into a non sync XLT Fx4 Lux. I want to intergrate this front camera interface from camera source.
Sync 3 front camera interface

Do I not need to purchase any connectors if I purchase this? Also, do I need to splice the acm connector into this harness?

Ford Maverick How To: Sync 3/4 swap for non Sync 3 XL/XLT Screenshot 2023-10-26 110234

Ford Maverick How To: Sync 3/4 swap for non Sync 3 XL/XLT Screenshot 2023-10-26 110204

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_0369.jpeg

IMG_0370.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg

IMG_0372.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg
Still for sale? Why did you decide to remove it?

Sponsored

ken r

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i'm 80 years old and don't understand more than 1or 2% of what you people are saying. i'm in n. calif. where can i take my 2023 Maverick XL to have GPS nav installed/upgraded - i will gladly pay for the parts & labor - so i don't have to plug my phone in. thanx
ken r

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

i'm 80 years old and don't understand more than 1or 2% of what you people are saying. i'm in n. calif. where can i take my 2023 Maverick XL to have GPS nav installed/upgraded - i will gladly pay for the parts & labor - so i don't have to plug my phone in. thanx
ken r
For $40 $50 $60 something along those lines you can buy
Ford Maverick How To: Sync 3/4 swap for non Sync 3 XL/XLT IMG_8624
a "dongle" adapter to make maps appear on your dash without wires. Obviously you still need a smart phone in the vehicle with you.

I velcro this under the dash, it's nearly invisible, and maps are on my dash in about 30 seconds. It talks to the phone. Phone can be in pocket or purse.

Har02052

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Engine
Undecided
This thread is meant to serve as the how to thread for Sync 4 swaps into XL and XLT Mavericks. I will list the parts required and custom wiring required in order to have a functioning system. Main parts required are going to be the ACM (radio) and APIM (sync module). Keep in mind that this swap will require the construction of a custom harness for the APIM as XL and XLT models do not have the APIM connector present. The harness ties into the main ACM connector for all signal wires required for the APIM and has an additional grey ACM connector for APIM to ACM communication. This harness is by far the hardest part of the swap.

PARTS REQUIRED

1. ACM: M1PT-18K810-AB. These can be found on eBay for around $150 and will provide the ability to integrate Sirius XM if desired. This ACM comes from a Bronco Sport.

2. APIM Sync 4: For Sync 4 swaps you are looking for the below configuration. There are at least three hardware variants of the Sync 4 APIM, Non Nav 8" (one large blue connector), Nav 8" (one large and one small blue connector), and Nav 12"+ (one large and one small blue connector and one small brown connector). For this swap to function, you need a Nav 8" variant of the Sync 4 APIM. These again can be found on ebay for around $300.

Nav 12"+

sync 4 nav 12.jpg
I haven't got my maverick yet, but I am thinking about doing this. Mine is a MY24 Lariat hybrid. To be built in february. Since mine will have Sync3 already, I just have to get a Sync4 APIM and change a couple pins in the connector? So call me crazy, but if there is an APIM for a Nav 12", what is stopping me from getting that one along with a 12" screen and 3D printing something so I can replace the 8" screen??

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't got my maverick yet, but I am thinking about doing this. Mine is a MY24 Lariat hybrid. To be built in february. Since mine will have Sync3 already, I just have to get a Sync4 APIM and change a couple pins in the connector? So call me crazy, but if there is an APIM for a Nav 12", what is stopping me from getting that one along with a 12" screen and 3D printing something so I can replace the 8" screen??
Just a heads up, but I read that the drivers for the screens are in the ACM, so you might have to upgrade the ACM as well.

shazel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 2022 Ecoboost Lariat lux that I'm trying to upgrade to SYNC 4. This thread has been very helpful. I will probably start a new thread for the lariat because this is an old thread and it looks like the origin creators are not active anymore. I'm having an issue with the asbuilt APIM where it seems that the setting "HS4 network" when enabled also enables the wifi in the SYNC 4 which disables wireless carplay (since carplay uses wifi). Has anyone else run into this or tried this swap?
Thanks,
Sam

Edit: HS4can has nothing to do with the ambient lighting. Customer connectivity settings (CCS) is the setting that breaks wireless CarPlay.
Sponsored

Last edited: