First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted to post an update. I’ve gotten my SYNC 4 asbuilt the way I want it. Everything works except FordPass. I swapped the SYNC 3 APIM back in to reactivate FordPass. After putting back the SYNC 4 APIM it seems that FordPass is not able to connect. I'm waiting for @mordfaverick to try with his 22 Lariat. The only difference in our Lariats is his has the 4G modem with hotspot and mine has the modem without hotspot. Logically this shouldn't matter because every Maverick has FordPass. But I think the OP had an early 22MY that had the 4G hotspot modem.

This asbuilt has a few changes from the OP:
Changed the first block 7-1-1 XXXX from the OP to fix the volume issue I was having. I think this is because the OP used a non-maverick ACM in his build.
Removed all HVAC popups and menus in the SYNC 4 screen because I swapped my HVAC panel to one with the temperature displays.
Enabled ambient lighting

The wireless CarPlay works great. I've had no connection issues. I was using SYNC 3 with the carabc wireless CarPlay adapter. It had occasional hiccups. For now it's worth it to me to keep SYNC 4 installed and hope to find a fix for FordPass.
Sponsored

Attachments

shazel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mordfaverick and I have successfully swapped SYNC 3 in the lariat with SYNC 4. FordPass is now working because we had not removed pins 41 and 42 on the APIM connector. This was documented in the OP but later in this thread OP claims that you only need to remove pins 53 an 54 on the APIM to swap SYNC 3 with SYNC 4. This post is to clarify that lariats with SYNC 3 need to remove pins 41, 42, 53, and 54 to work. FordPass works but you lose the ability to re-pair the vehicle to a FordPass account. So you must activate FordPass on a SYNC 3 and then swap. We have all functionality from the OP.

fordlover3874

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok I am starting out on this and I have a few questions. Where do pins 21 & 22 on APIM go (highlighted pink on first page, Ctrl Mod - APIM # Alert 1 (D) & Ctrl Mod - APIM # Audio (D))?
Also do we do pin 31 on APIM (Microphone - Phone/Voice Control D)? I see it highlighted yellow but not on the list.
Finally, does anyone have the measurements for the aluminum brackets and where the holes should go? Has anyone designed a 3d print for it yet?

fcoplo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat FX4 South America Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ve used this metal curved things, see below photo, not sure how to call it in english, but you can find it in a hardware store. It s used here to build wood box or similar.
I will check my diagram, but bluetooth and sync alert goes to acm gray connector.

Ford Maverick How To: Sync 3/4 swap for non Sync 3 XL/XLT IMG_2066
Sponsored