Sponsored

how to jack truck to put it on jack stands.

scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As others have said (and I might have commented earlier in the life of this fairly well aged thread), it is not tough to jack it on or near the pinch weld location that Ford claims is "the spot" while also putting a jack stand in there. Just jack it up and then slap a jack stand next to the jack as close as you can get it and then lower it. Doesn't need to be perfect. As long as you are within a couple inches of the Ford approved "arrows" on the welds, you are fine. I usually do one side at a time. Drivers front and rear tires, then passenger front and rear. If I am feeling fancy, I jack it slightly to one side of the "arrow" and then the jack stand ends up either on or just to the opposite side of the arrow.
I jacked it up with a bottle jack, with a 2x4 piece of 2.5" piece of wood on top of the bottle neck. I drilled hole in botton, make 1/4" to place over the top of the jack. I placed top of bottle neck inside the pinch weld and a little bit forward. There is a square are there. there was no bind.

Isn't this square are where a shops jack would go to hoist the truck up in the air. I don't think they would use pinch welds.
Sponsored

scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've jacked up the truck a few ways. First way is jacking up the front, by putting the jack pad under the main bolt were the front lower control arm meets the subframe/ crossmember.

Untitled_Artwork 4.jpg

This contact point is the bottom of a thick boxed tube that ascends and bolts directly into the sub-floor of the car. It carries the entire dynamic weight of the truck during driving, so it'll have no problem bearing the weight when the car is static. See red box of second photo.

Untitled_Artwork 2.jpg

I got these jack pads with a groove cut in them from amazon to straddle the pinch weld. They're cheap and I'm too lazy to go buy hockey pucks and cut channels in them.

I've found these jack stands to be very sturdy and well constructed.

Untitled_Artwork 3.jpg

I place the jack stands at the factory frame rail pinch-weld lift points, where the arrows are on the rocker panels

IMG_0008.jpg

Lot's of room to spill hot oil on your hands.

Untitled_Artwork 1.jpg

Reverse and lower. Ah, forgot to mention, don't forget to set your parking brake and chalk your rear tires at the very beginning.

Untitled_Artwork.jpg
Please tell me if you have the information. What is the width of those slots on your pads in order to fit the pinch welds? Thank you

AlsMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat FX4 w/4k Tow Build Date 12/5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm surprised that this is a topic. Uni-body vehicles have been around for over 50 years. The Maverick is not unique in this. Most of us, I hope, learned long ago how to jack up and use jack stands on this type of construction. If you can't identify safe place to lift and use jack stands then maybe you shouldn't be under the vehicle? Sorry, no offense intended.

Sponsored

OP
OP

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm surprised that this is a topic. Uni-body vehicles have been around for over 50 years. The Maverick is not unique in this. Most of us, I hope, learned long ago how to jack up and use jack stands on this type of construction. If you can't identify safe place to lift and use jack stands then maybe you shouldn't be under the vehicle? Sorry, no offense intended.
Though something might have been around for a long time doesn’t mean everyone known all about it. This is a forum for people to ask and share information. So if you don’t know you can ask someone who does. Many of us here enjoy doing things on our own, but want to learn the right way to do something. If I limited myself to only the things I know I would never do anything because we don’t start out knowing anything.

what I don’t understand is what you get out of coming to a forum dedicated to sharing info and learning and insulting someone for their desire to learn. Of course…no offense intended.

AlsMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat FX4 w/4k Tow Build Date 12/5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Though something might have been around for a long time doesn’t mean everyone known all about it. This is a forum for people to ask and share information. So if you don’t know you can ask someone who does. Many of us here enjoy doing things on our own, but want to learn the right way to do something. If I limited myself to only the things I know I would never do anything because we don’t start out knowing anything.

what I don’t understand is what you get out of coming to a forum dedicated to sharing info and learning and insulting someone for their desire to learn. Of course…no offense intended.
Yeah, I didn't mean to come off that way. For that I apologize.
Take your last statement and @#$#% it. No offense intended.