First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does it count as a real test though if it isn't in real conditions. Plus regardless how much attention you were paying there was probably 10 drivers not paying any at all. It is very dangerous to be driving that slow on an interstate. Depending on where you live can have speeds of 70 so the drivers are probably at least doing 75.
Sponsored

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
60 isn't that bad if it was a 65 limit. I've almost run into (literally) a few idiots doing 45-50 on the highway around here.

Although one guy who was creeping down the highway a couple years ago was a 2000-ish Camry with four (4) temporary spares on it, I can understand going slow with that setup! I don't use my cell while driving, or else I definitely would have been getting pictures.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
60 isn't that bad if it was a 65 limit. I've almost run into (literally) a few idiots doing 45-50 on the highway around here.

Although one guy who was creeping down the highway a couple years ago was a 2000-ish Camry with four (4) temporary spares on it, I can understand going slow with that setup! I don't use my cell while driving, or else I definitely would have been getting pictures.
Yup, I've seen some amazing things here in WNC. I keep reminding myself I'm a transplant and a newbie, and it's not my place to criticize this wonderful state that took me in from the cold. Rather, it's my job to adapt to my new driving realities (red lights are green lights, turning signals are for losers, headlights are optional, and guardrails are for wimps, and safety inspections are conducted by ESP).

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just finished an almost 2,800 mile road trip with lots of 60-75 mph freeway driving, over a couple of mountain passes and averaged either 37.0 or 38.3 mpg for the trip, depending on how you calculate your mileage (distance/gallons, or trust the onboard computer). That's not 50+ but it wasn't for a downhill quarter of a mile either.

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This was for test purposes. Was in the right (non-hammer) lane and paying attention to everything around me (as always). Don’t judge me.
I'll judge you for using tiktok (or however the f its spelled)

Sponsored

Savoyard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tested at 60 mpg. Must be in ECO mode. Crest the hill. Let power drop to about 8%. Blip the cruise. Control.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRWSGcQX/
How
Tested at 60 mpg. Must be in ECO mode. Crest the hill. Let power drop to about 8%. Blip the cruise. Control.

nice! My screen doesn't show Gas and Electric side by side like that. I've only had my XL Maverick a week, so I'm probably not finding it yet. Or is this not a feature on the xl? There's definitely a learning curve on getting the most out of the hybrid.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry, I only drive my Maverick on surface streets, hardly on the highway. Takes me a while to get to places, but the benefits of the higher MPG is what I'm looking for. My Highway cruiser is my BMW M5.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, I only drive my Maverick on surface streets, hardly on the highway. Takes me a while to get to places, but the benefits of the higher MPG is what I'm looking for. My Highway cruiser is my BMW M5.
Anyone know at what highway speed the maverick leaves the surface?

OP
OP
LucasRavenhorn
First Name
Paulj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick HEV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How
nice! My screen doesn't show Gas and Electric side by side like that. I've only had my XL Maverick a week, so I'm probably not finding it yet. Or is this not a feature on the xl? There's definitely a learning curve on getting the most out of the hybrid.
Go to
How
Good tutorial. This setting is around the 18 minute mark.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Making easy best mpg on highway: in hybrid ,at least, select slippery mode (least aggressive Regen while coasting so elec to battery and battery to elec conversion losses are minimized). Place in cruise control (start at 60 and increase or decrease from there by 1 or 2 mph while observing power % gauge). On the flat or nearly flat the gauge will oscillate both sides of 0% and on slopes will go heavier into green and on inclines it can rapidly go to 40%+ but will return to near 10% much faster than you could work the pedal. The computer appears to be able to set ice to most efficient rpm and balance the charge and discharge extremely well. Depending on normal expected variances I can see very good mpg particularly with AC off and heated seats and steering heat on if necessary. Note I do have side and rear windows 20% CERAMIC tint which helps greatly in summer keeping cabin heat lower even without windshield shade. @GPSMan has mpg test posted in each drive mode from test runs.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone know at what highway speed the maverick leaves the surface?
First you need to add that cab spoiler, tailgate spoiler, and Lowering springs

Savoyard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go to

Thanks, I can't select Instant
Go to

Thanks, I watched the video and on configure settings Instantaneous Fuel is not an
Go to

Thanks, after watching and comparing, the 2023 xl Configure choices are different from the video. I can't select Instantaneous Fuel to get that screen. It's on the list, but can't select it. Trip timer is an option for me, but isn't for the 2022 in the video. Am I missing something?

OP
OP
LucasRavenhorn
First Name
Paulj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick HEV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I can't select Instant
Thanks, I watched the video and on configure settings Instantaneous Fuel is not an
Thanks, after watching and comparing, the 2023 xl Configure choices are different from the video. I can't select Instantaneous Fuel to get that screen. It's on the list, but can't select it. Trip timer is an option for me, but isn't for the 2022 in the video. Am I missing something?
You have to deselect one of the other options
Sponsored