2.5L Hybrid

FirstHybrid

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
I'm kind of leaning that way at the moment. Just sort of pissed at the heavy pricing jump.
I did not do it!! Sunnyvale Ford tried to mark up the car 5000, tried to get 3495 for the coverage, then they tried to charge $1,200 for ceramic coating which cost $300. I appreciate this forum looks like Grainger Ford or another Ford you can get it for $2,000 not $3,500. And needless to say I did not pay the MSRP. Sunnyvale Ford in California was the worst ever and I have bought new Fords before

FirstHybrid

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
I used the Flood Ford pricing to negotiate a better 7/100K warranty price from my dealer. The $0 Deductible was $1685 from Flood Ford. We settled on $1800. It was worth it for me to pay the extra since I could finance it in the deal. 3.95% is way less than a credit card rate, which is also tied to the market.

I also considered buying a Flood Ford warranty later near the expiration of the existing warranty, but they have a warning on their site rates are going up on 1/5/22. Thought I should lock in now, cost and interest rate with everything volatile and trending up in 2022.

Although, if I end up ordering a new Ranger, I may have just wasted $1800 plus interest. Darned if I do, darned if I don't.
Wow that's a high percentage rate.....09percent I got....72 months...

Sponsored

First Name
Rolland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
By the way my Wife LOVES her Maverick, it’s an absolute home run. And the Hot Pepper Red is stunning. Talk about a great Christmas Present (we picked it up on the 23rd) good luck with yours when it comes in. Holidays wishes from Maine;)

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow that's a high percentage rate.....09percent I got....72 months...
It's not a high rate. I did an exhaustive search on 84 month loans that I could qualify with a 730 credit score. It's the best I can do. And frankly, very satisfied with it. Good on you, you could do something better. Congratulations.

First Name
Rolland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not do it!! Sunnyvale Ford tried to mark up the car 5000, tried to get 3495 for the coverage, then they tried to charge $1,200 for ceramic coating which cost $300. I appreciate this forum looks like Grainger Ford or another Ford you can get it for $2,000 not $3,500. And needless to say I did not pay the MSRP. Sunnyvale Ford in California was the worst ever and I have bought new Fords before
Picked up my Hot Pepper Red on the 23 Rd also ,paint looks fantastic. No markup as as ordered it in June under contract. Hybred

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

By the way my Wife LOVES her Maverick, it’s an absolute home run. And the Hot Pepper Red is stunning. Talk about a great Christmas Present (we picked it up on the 23rd) good luck with yours when it comes in. Holidays wishes from Maine;)
**When? I'm starting to think.....If.

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer wanted 5k for two separate warranties…I declined and took the truck at msrp
Yes, I ordered the plan through them $1,110.00 minus $105.00 in Ford Pass Points. I did it all online. If was for 6 years 100k miles with a $100.00 deductible. Wow thank you for the heads up. Happy New Year too:)

Sponsored

eRay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Nissan Kicks, 2009 F-150 STX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought the Premium Care plan through Flood Ford online last Friday. I am a low mileage driver so I got the 8 year 60,000 miles with $50 deductible. Total cost $855. I used my Ford Pass Points to deduct $210 and brought my cost down to $645. I received an email today that Ford had approved it and a link to the contract and my invoice. I was very pleased with Flood Ford.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Extended warranties are usually sold by the finance mgr who writes up the sales contract, along with pre-paid maintenance and other upcharges. Anything that gives them their own separate commission on extras like this must mean it is overpriced.

Ford has a 3 yr warr on Mavericks and a 5 yr warr on hybrid components. Why let them have your money so far in advance? You will never use it if you decide to sell your Maverick before 3 years anyway. If you really want an extended warranty, 3 years from now buy one from Car Shield or a similar provider.

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought the Premium Care plan through Flood Ford online last Friday. I am a low mileage driver so I got the 8 year 60,000 miles with $50 deductible. Total cost $855. I used my Ford Pass Points to deduct $210 and brought my cost down to $645. I received an email today that Ford had approved it and a link to the contract and my invoice. I was very pleased with Flood Ford.
Glad to hear from someone who's actually purchased from them. It was pretty simple and this IS a Ford product and the price was a no brainer. My Wife put 88k miles on her 2016 Ford Fiesta SE so I needed to get 100k but your price is, basically, a down payment on most dealers price;) Happy New Year to you and your family!!!

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used the Flood Ford pricing to negotiate a better 7/100K warranty price from my dealer. The $0 Deductible was $1685 from Flood Ford. We settled on $1800. It was worth it for me to pay the extra since I could finance it in the deal. 3.95% is way less than a credit card rate, which is also tied to the market.

I also considered buying a Flood Ford warranty later near the expiration of the existing warranty, but they have a warning on their site rates are going up on 1/5/22. Thought I should lock in now, cost and interest rate with everything volatile and trending up in 2022.

Although, if I end up ordering a new Ranger, I may have just wasted $1800 plus interest. Darned if I do, darned if I don't.
Wait no, if you sell your vehicle they pro-rate you your money back. When I traded in my 2014 F-150 for my 2018 F-150 STX i got money back (I think it was $1,300.00) and so will you If you sell your Maverick to get the Bronco. To me it's just another insurance policy. If you think about it, if one piece of one of the computers fails that'll, basically, cover more then what we paid for our warranties. Parts and mechanics don't come cheap:)
Sponsored