Sponsored

How many watts in B&O system and standard audio system?

Jbmboard

First Name
Robes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I can't find a 2021 B&O system to listen to but I'm sure it won't be good enough for my ears. Factory stereos never are.

I'm going with the standard stereo and will upgrade factory speakers and add a subwoofer. I've yet to hear a factory system that didn't need help.
crap on VW all u want, but their stock's impressive
Sponsored

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
It's on the Maverick page on Ford.Com, 660 watts, now of course how much of that is distortion is another story.
20% THD lol (jk) but

Jargman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if the B&O speaker package includes HD radio. It does in the Escape, which uses the same platform as the Maverick, but not one word about HD radio the the Maverick specs or order guides.
I can confirm that it does have HD radio.

Jwhisl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seeing the stock speaker size and sub, I don't think there is any way the B&O is anywhere close to 660 watts. The stock sub can't be any more than 150 max and that leaves 510 to go to the rest of the speakers? Most stock systems nowadays are probably somewhere around 25w*4 peak. Tweeters will be split off front door speakers with a resister to block low frequency. Someone should pull the sub to see what it says. But I have serious doubts

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Seeing the stock speaker size and sub, I don't think there is any way the B&O is anywhere close to 660 watts. The stock sub can't be any more than 150 max and that leaves 510 to go to the rest of the speakers? Most stock systems nowadays are probably somewhere around 25w*4 peak. Tweeters will be split off front door speakers with a resister to block low frequency. Someone should pull the sub to see what it says. But I have serious doubts
The 6.5s and 4” are stamped 25w…. So if 25 rms their max, I can almost guarantee the signal isn’t pushing 25 rms…. And guaranteed that sub’s rms is <150 so sounds like the cheapo car audio claims where they cite (or overshoot) the max wattage

Sponsored

Jwhisl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 6.5s and 4” are stamped 25w…. So if 25 rms their max, I can almost guarantee the signal isn’t pushing 25 rms…. And guaranteed that sub’s rms is <150 so sounds like the cheapo car audio claims where they cite (or overshoot) the max wattage
They are probably getting around 10w rms lol I dont have my truck yet to measure but upgrading the stereo and speakers is one of the 1st things on my list. I imagine the B&O is around 20-50w rms if lucky. My dad has the B&O in his 2021 explorer and the clarity is amazing. 3 ways up front and a sub in the back. Still not close to 600 watts though. Maybe a 50w paper sub in the back . It looked pitiful. I think the only thing they have going for them is the signal processing and tuning

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right. Just like the power tool companies, especially the consumer grade ones, going to "Max" voltages rather than nominal (e.g. 20V Max vs. 18V) for marketing, audio output claims tends to get pushed too.

Back in the day, I had a very conservatively rated Nakamichi PA-350 that was rated at 35W x 4 RMS at .008% THD. It had tremendous dynamic headroom and easily outperformed many "higher output" amplifiers that were rated generously (at max clipped output and >1% THD). Basically noise exploders.

Last edited:

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Right. Just like the power tool companies, especially the consumer grade ones, going to "Max" voltages rather than nominal (e.g. 20V Max vs. 18V) for marketing, audio output claims tends to get pushed too.

Back in the day, I had a very conservatively rated Nakamichi PA-350 that was rated at 35W x 4 RMS at .008% THD. It had tremendous dynamic headroom and easily outperformed many "higher output" amplifiers that were rated generously (at max clipped output and >1% THD). Basically noise exploders.
Nakamichi Amps were great amp, but you need to tone the excitement.... My Orion HCCA225 ran circles and it was 50 watt amp ;)

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look at some of the new nakamichi dsp amps. They are truly next generation and allow you to shape the signal to each of the drivers eliminating the need for a crossover. They also have integrated line level adjustment so you can hook it up to the line outs from the factory head unit. It does require the use of a calibrated microphone for set up to fully utilize all of its capabilities. They run circles around the kicker key and cost about the same.
Most of them are 50 watts per channel (6 chanels)but with the addition of a powered sub it should put out all the power you need.

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very pleased with the B/O system in our 2018 Expedition but couldn't tell ya any technical details about it. I turn it way up listening to my ole time favorite "Carry On Wayward Son" (Kansas)... Some of ya may not even know what I referring to..... ah, if I could go back in time...

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very pleased with the B/O system in our 2018 Expedition but couldn't tell ya any technical details about it. I turn it way up listening to my ole time favorite "Carry On Wayward Son" (Kansas)... Some of ya may not even know what I referring to..... ah, if I could go back in time...
That only gets played in my '68 Fastback, regularly!

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Look at some of the new nakamichi dsp amps. They are truly next generation and allow you to shape the signal to each of the drivers eliminating the need for a crossover. They also have integrated line level adjustment so you can hook it up to the line outs from the factory head unit. It does require the use of a calibrated microphone for set up to fully utilize all of its capabilities. They run circles around the kicker key and cost about the same.
Most of them are 50 watts per channel (6 chanels)but with the addition of a powered sub it should put out all the power you need.
This isn't new many amps have built in X-overs. 50 watts is enough for 90% of people. I'm sure you can bridge channels 5-6 to get more power.

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The B&O is okay at best for a stock system, but id really like to revamp the entire system. Like Tim the Toolman tailor says. It needs more power! UGHHHH UGHHH UGHHH!

Last edited:

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Funny, Kansas, Boston, America and bands like it have been the majority of what I’m listening to after upgrading my maverick sound system. They all sound great!!!
Sponsored