Sponsored

How many watts in B&O system and standard audio system?

njk522

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra
I couldn't find any information of how many watts are in the premium B&O speakers let alone the standard speakers. Anyone know?
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I couldn't find any information of how many watts are in the premium B&O speakers let alone the standard speakers. Anyone know?
It's on the Maverick page on Ford.Com, 660 watts, now of course how much of that is distortion is another story.

OP
OP

njk522

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra
It's on the Maverick page on Ford.Com, 660 watts, now of course how much of that is distortion is another story.
it wasnt on there before but thanks.. I see it now.

Sponsored

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I can't find a 2021 B&O system to listen to but I'm sure it won't be good enough for my ears. Factory stereos never are.

I'm going with the standard stereo and will upgrade factory speakers and add a subwoofer. I've yet to hear a factory system that didn't need help.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I can't find a 2021 B&O system to listen to but I'm sure it won't be good enough for my ears. Factory stereos never are.

I'm going with the standard stereo and will upgrade factory speakers and add a subwoofer. I've yet to hear a factory system that didn't need help.
I don't worry about that much anymore.

I was a Live Reinforcement sound man for 14 years. Started hearing a ringing sound and could never get the mixer to find that damn flute. It went to hell from there.

First it was 11 years working on an Air Force flight line, never needed any stinkin' hearing protection. Then I learned the only way to set up a main stage speaker cluster was to stick your head in the throats and see if it was working. Now it's 24/7/365 ringing, 80% loss in left ear, 40% loss in right ear. It doesn't matter anymore how good the sound system is, the hearing aids don't capture 95% of it and are all a POS.

So if it turns on and I can get the volume to cover the road noise, I'm good.

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
Strange that all the reviews of the B&O are bad for the bronco sport but there was an article (I’ll try to find it) about how excellent it is in the f150. The subwoofer is open enclosure and makes it seem like there’s a much larger sub in there.

Sponsored

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided

I’ve been impressed by the 19 speaker B&O system in our Audi.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't worry about that much anymore.

I was a Live Reinforcement sound man for 14 years. Started hearing a ringing sound and could never get the mixer to find that damn flute. It went to hell from there.

First it was 11 years working on an Air Force flight line, never needed any stinkin' hearing protection. Then I learned the only way to set up a main stage speaker cluster was to stick your head in the throats and see if it was working. Now it's 24/7/365 ringing, 80% loss in left ear, 40% loss in right ear. It doesn't matter anymore how good the sound system is, the hearing aids don't capture 95% of it and are all a POS.

So if it turns on and I can get the volume to cover the road noise, I'm good.
I'm with you there on the hearing loss!! 21 years (out of 26) listening the "sounds of freedom"! Those GE J-79s could really howl on takeoff!! Now I hear them all the time!! A good stereo for me means I can identify the song that’s playing!! :cautious:

Last edited:

Morgan33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our escapes not too bad.... My wife loves it . I like my sub in my 03 dodge minivan.
It'll be an unnessecsary up grade if I can't adjust. I'll be figuring out how to put it the back seat. I can see one of my kids having to hold it on long trips.

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if the B&O speaker package includes HD radio. It does in the Escape, which uses the same platform as the Maverick, but not one word about HD radio the the Maverick specs or order guides.