Sponsored

How many of you ordered a Maverick without even test driving it?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the opportunity to ride in a pre-production prototype about 2 years ago. (I have some connections). I didn't get to drive it, but from the ride it seemed solid, roomy, and punchy enough with the 2.0 Ecoboost.

I'm an old guy that was brought up on big V8's and RWD, and still love my MOPARS, but if I have to get with the times, this seemed like the best way to do it. The production models look good from what I've seen.

I missed the boat on ordering a '22, but my order is confirmed for a '23 XLT.
You will like it. The power band is wider and smoother. Its not "slam you back in the seat" power so much as "how did I get to 80 that fast?" kind of power. The handling is much better than I expected and it's very fun to drive. It's also pretty comfortable if somewhat utilitarian, but in a good way. Hope you get your truck soon!
Sponsored

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally got to see one upclose today. It was a retail order sitting in a lot, so I didn’t get to mess with it, but it was nice to see upclose.

Here it is next to a sienna…

Ford Maverick How many of you ordered a Maverick without even test driving it? F99429CC-2DF4-4D45-A78E-9CFF78BE176A

Ford Maverick How many of you ordered a Maverick without even test driving it? 4C1AD816-9DB5-4479-AF36-2156FEB6A8AA

MiMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Escape, '09 Flex
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a '23 without driving one. I sat in a '22 but wasn't allowed to drive it because it was sold. I requested from 2 dealers that they call me when one comes in that I can drive, but it never happened.

tborr123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sat in one 11 months ago at the dealer but did not take a test drive when salesman said there was a $5k markup from MSRP. Ordered from another dealer at MSRP and took delivery two weeks ago. I have a Lariat with all the bells and whistles. Probably did not need all the options but so far I am liking it a lot.

Takk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, HP Red
Just got back after a 650 mi day trip and here is my impression:

Mav is the best performing car I've ever had. I've mostly owned hatchbacks (not any hot hatches though) and this thing feels better than most of them. I'd have loved to have had the chance to take it on the autobahn, I bet it could do really well there (at normal speeds, I never tried to push beyond 150-160 km/h and its generally too busy to do anything over 130km/h for any length over 3-4 miles...).

Sponsored

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve still never even sat in one 😕

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Like other early orders, I ordered my Maverick Lariat so I could get the safety options that I figured I needed because of my age (now 82, 81 when ordered) . I was due for a new vehicle, and the Maverick was the perfect one to replace my 2005 canyon pick up, and my 2015 Sonata sedan. Carvana gave me a great price for the Sonata, and I drove the Canyon while I waited for the Maverick. After reading articles about it, I ordered it from Sarasota Ford on July 5, 2021. There were no Mavericks anywhere at that time, and no hybrids built until later in Oct. or Nov. The first Hybrid I saw was in early Feb. 2022, and I got mine on Mar.9th. Sold the Canyon the following week.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered and then drove an XLT hybrid and think I might have ordered the wrong trim. I am ok with the seats in the XLT hybrid I ordered but didn't know about the poor infotainment and connectivity issues until it was too late. I probably should have ordered the Lariat or Lariat Tremor but it's too late to change. I'm going to look at it when it comes in but it's unlikely I will accept delivery and will wait until next year to order the correct vehicle for me.
After driving the hybrid, I did notice poor acceleration but that's probably because I am used to driving an EV with the quick acceleration. I wish the order window would have been longer but now I know what I'm dealing with before they open again next year.
Talk to your dealer. They may get a Lariat that someone passes on, and they can have your XLT to sell. Can't hurt to ask.

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered mine after sitting in one at the dealer, but that was it. They had 3 or 4 of them on their lot, but they were all spoken for and said they couldn't let me in them. They had a demo First Edition which I was able to check out. They wouldn't even let me drive it around the parking lot LOL.

Sponsored

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ordered sight unseen. Still haven't driven one. Mine may arrive next week or two some 14months into this journey/nightmare.

Way back when, I was on the fence until I saw this fabulous thread from @Jakb. Maverick trainers were just appearing at dealerhips (in stealth). He caught one and photographically documented one in detail. It wasn't until then, that the maverick seemed real and suitable.

And this: Who would have had the foresight to bring a child seat cutout for test fit?! Sir, my hat is off to you with untold respect. (and my youngest kid is 40!)

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Most 22 orders had to be placed without ever sitting in one, let alone test drive it. I eventually got to sit in a couple at the dealership and car show months later. I also rented one off of Turo for a few days just so I could see how I liked it.

brucerob62

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gmc terrain
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i test drove one yesterday and its for sale locally the customer didnt want to wait and bought another vehicle a few months ago,,so now im tempted to buy it..xlt ecoboost awd..tonneau cover..lux package moonroof..but its 5k over MSRP if dealer will budge and go down i may be willing to go maybe 1k over msrp but no more and will walk and just wait for my 23 build next spring..(I HOPE)..not desperate for a car right now.. I bet this will happen more often with people not waiting for there MY22s to come in an dealers will have a few mavericks to sell

jma815

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The title says all... how many of you? I ordered a Maverick without even test-drive it first. I did sit inside of a Maverick (hybrid) at the dealer's lot and ordered a Maverick with EcoBoost.
Ordered my XLT Hybrid Lux without ever seeing one in July of 2021. My salespersons ended up buying a Lariat EB which he thankfully let me look at and test drive in February of 2022. It’s been 14 months and still waiting…
Sponsored