Sponsored

How are some of you guys already placing orders?

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my XL last Friday; it was the first Maverick sale for the dealership. I ordered about $1400 in options, and had one pleasant surprise. Instead of the reported $1495 transportation, I was only :devilish:hit with a $500 Dealer Processing Fee. They say that delivery will be Fall/Winter, whatever that means. Deposit was $500. I explained that I need as much advance warning as possible, as I am selling my current vehicle to Carvana, and their offers are only good for 10 days. They said that Ford will email me periodically on the status of my truck, from manufacturing to shipping to projected delivery date. That's about all I can ask from their end.

I was surprised to read all the negativity on this forum about the Maverick. Lily Tomlin said that "language was developed out of humankind's basic need to complain." This forum reinforces that. People wanted a cheap truck, and Ford gave it to them, so quit complaining about the things that the truck DOESN'T HAVE, and appreciate the things it DOES have. This will be my first vehicle in 30 years that doesn't have cruise control, but I can live without it for what this truck provides at a base price of under $20K. So, if the Maverick is not the truck for you, don't complain about it, just go look at the new Hyundai Santa Cruz, as that is about our only other option.

Lastly, I contacted WeatherTech, who was not aware of the new Maverick, and will contact me when they have manufactured mats for it.
Sponsored

Reactions: Sam

Smith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally received an email confirmation today. I had to call the General Manager and within 10 minutes I received the email. It was the first one they ordered

Rekless

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Guess I need to find a different dealer. Aside from 2 generic automated messages, I have not been contacted by the dealership. The second message said "Thanks again for considering us for your Ford M ." The person whose email was used to send the message did not match the signature block and no information was provided. Despite my reservation, I suspect going through this dealer I'd be waiting quite a while to actually get in one.

As an aside, anyone with tips on haggling the price on a vehicle that barely exists yet? If there's a dealer in Iowa offering 3%, I may just go there, depending on where in Iowa he is...

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Guess I need to find a different dealer. Aside from 2 generic automated messages, I have not been contacted by the dealership. The second message said "Thanks again for considering us for your Ford M ." The person whose email was used to send the message did not match the signature block and no information was provided. Despite my reservation, I suspect going through this dealer I'd be waiting quite a while to actually get in one.

As an aside, anyone with tips on haggling the price on a vehicle that barely exists yet? If there's a dealer in Iowa offering 3%, I may just go there, depending on where in Iowa he is...
The middle, just NW of Des Moines...

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After pestering my dealer since last Wednesday, I finally got my Cactus Gray XL ordered this afternoon. The only advice I can give is be persistent....and patient.
Ford Maverick How are some of you guys already placing orders? ss

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my XL last Friday; it was the first Maverick sale for the dealership. I ordered about $1400 in options, and had one pleasant surprise. Instead of the reported $1495 transportation, I was only :devilish:hit with a $500 Dealer Processing Fee. They say that delivery will be Fall/Winter, whatever that means. Deposit was $500. I explained that I need as much advance warning as possible, as I am selling my current vehicle to Carvana, and their offers are only good for 10 days. They said that Ford will email me periodically on the status of my truck, from manufacturing to shipping to projected delivery date. That's about all I can ask from their end.

I was surprised to read all the negativity on this forum about the Maverick. Lily Tomlin said that "language was developed out of humankind's basic need to complain." This forum reinforces that. People wanted a cheap truck, and Ford gave it to them, so quit complaining about the things that the truck DOESN'T HAVE, and appreciate the things it DOES have. This will be my first vehicle in 30 years that doesn't have cruise control, but I can live without it for what this truck provides at a base price of under $20K. So, if the Maverick is not the truck for you, don't complain about it, just go look at the new Hyundai Santa Cruz, as that is about our only other option.

Lastly, I contacted WeatherTech, who was not aware of the new Maverick, and will contact me when they have manufactured mats for it.
If I were you, I would re-check, very carefully that you aren't paying the $1495 delivery charge. I have never, ever, heard of that being waived, and dealers are infamous for adding bogus charges like "Dealer Processing Fee's".

If you want, post what you ordered (i.e. list out the options) and someone (me or others) will price it out in terms of MSRP and Invoice.

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I highly recommend Granger Ford, their model is built on hassle free buying at a discounted price. The ordering process was quick and easy -- and done on a Sunday no less. Albert must like to work, or it's the last push to retirement. ;)

hondabuster

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav hybrid ,tacoma
That is my understanding, but some people in this forum have already placed orders for specific specs with $1,000 deposits.
I ordered this morning, did a 1000 deposit, with the understanding if I dont like it... I get the 1000 refunded

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer sent me an email early in communication process. All Mavericks sold at MSRP, no deposits required. Free extended limited powertrain warranty included.

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am also encountering difficulty ordering. None of the dealerships i have contacted indicate any ability to create and process an order for me. They described similar difficulty with mach e and bronco sport. They expect to gain ability to do orders later on and to not receive any vehicles until December. In this instance, I kind of believe what they are telling me because we are in Hawaii and seem to get treated differently than the mainland with some regularity. Congrats to all who have been able to order. In the meanwhile, I will keep me hyundai deposit in... just in case....

Sponsored

Panoptikom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW & Mazda
Also had my order confirmation email finally show up this afternoon after calling my Dealer today to follow-up. :)

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Placed an order this afternoon. Haven't received an email confirmation yet. I confirmed with them twice before leaving that the order had been submitted so I guess we shall see.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should not take long. Sounds like most people get an email from Ford in under an hour or so. Keep us up to date.

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should not take long. Sounds like most people get an email from Ford in under an hour or so. Keep us up to date.
My guess is people receiving the emails later have dealers that didn't properly submit the order or didn't submit the customer info. Will likely call my dealer tomorrow and question them about the email.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In Canada you may not get the email. I got a PDF order confirmation sheet from the dealer.
Sponsored