Sponsored

How are some of you guys already placing orders?

DanK14

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've heard from a couple dealerships that I could submit an order already however, I want to wait until some more real life pictures come out of the other colors and configurations to save from having to change my order.

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sent an email to five local dealers showing them the build I have in mind and asking what their discount on the Maverick will be. It may be premature to ask that question because they responded saying they don't know what the dealership is going to do about discounts, what the rebates then will be, etc. I think it is okay to pre-order but picking which dealer to do business with should depend on who has the best service, closest to you, best reputation, etc. There seems to be no room, at least where I am, to discuss what discounts will be made.

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been able to place an order and received a confirmation from Ford that it has been placed. They just have to go into the system to complete it, I would check around if they can't do it for you.

Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Another dealer, $500 off $1000 deposit.
I'm gonna go see a second dealer in South Ontario, no deposit required by this one, again desposit not required by ford, idk why some are asking for one when they dont even know what the maverick is

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The ones without a deposit are soft orders. Cash sales are shipped first, even before dealer inventory orders.

OP
OP

arkanos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Honda Fit
Alright people. I called dealers around town and no one would order for me, stating they don't have the info or ability to yet.

I contacted the dealer nearest me and said that people elsewhere in the country are having orders placed, how/why are those dealers able to and you aren't?

They got their GM involved and, it turns out, they can. So I hopped on down and ordered mine with a $500 refundable deposit. As far as I know I'm the first in the city to order one, since I contacted every dealer in the city until I was able to do so- and they said I was the first.

Maverick-xv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Expedition XLT
I first contacted Albert ([email protected]) at Granger Motors. Albert is Great member and very helpful. So if you are close to Iowa, I would deal with him right away. But I am over 1000 miles away, so this creates some logistical issues. Although, if all local dealers would refuse to sell at invoice, I would go with Granger Motors offer 3% under invoice price as it still makes financial sense. So I tried first local Ford dealer in near town I selected at Ford when build was configured and reserved as a dealer - they never called and when I called them next day - they said they will call me when there is any news about it. Next stop in person at another Ford dealer in nearby town - they flatly refused to sell at invoice price. Next stop at same franchise just very close to my residence - they accepted, surprisingly I was not even expected to spent any time at the place as I was anticipating quick refusal. I purchased my 2003 Expedition XLT at the same place very long time ago. The whole ordering thing was done in 15 minutes. I got Lariat + Cyber Orange + Lariat Luxury + soft tonneau + all weather mats: $30,732.40. Now the 2022 Maverick order is confirmed with $500 deposit. So dealer can do it when they want, otherwise look at other dealership.

Interesting fact - Ford does not allow dealers to place orders for themselves to prevent price gouging. So in order to get order processed Ford requires dealer to fill special form and sell it to retail customer only, or no car will be delivered.

Last edited:
Sponsored

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is the key. The reservations that are accepted are the first to get the car manufactured. Most dealers want to order their stock first so a lot are hesitant to order for the consumer to have one before the dealerships. Assholes. My dealer is a large one in one of the largest County's of MO and he said I will be the first delivery of the Maverick throughout the St. Louis area. Of course, I said I DO NOT WANT MY TRUCK TO BE A DEMO FOR YOUR DEALERSHIP AND I WILL BE ON YOUR LOT WHEN IT IS DELIVERED. LOL

jjones252

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Ordered on Wednesday in person at dealership. I have yet to receive an email confirmation from Ford. How long should I wait before raising the issue with the dealership?

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Ordered on Wednesday in person at dealership. I have yet to receive an email confirmation from Ford. How long should I wait before raising the issue with the dealership?

I would like to know as well. I inquired with my salesman and he said he will let me know as soon as he gets confirmation. I wish I knew how some were getting direct confirmation e-mails. It looks like the differing dealers have different ordering processes.

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received Ford confirmation within an hour or so of ordering. Unless Ford is overwhelmed inputting new orders, I would contact the dealer.

Maverick-xv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Expedition XLT
I got my order confirmation email right before I left the dealership with paperwork, like 5 minutes after order was placed. I was kind of lucky as salesman differed me to person who sits behind glass window and most likely the one who is in change of placing orders, so it was direct ordering with person who does this all day long at the dealership. He had like 5 minute phone call during the process, probably consulting with the manager. He actually asked me if I received the order confirmation email before I left and it arrived in a minute after he asked.
Sponsored

Last edited: