David D

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ford maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you everyone for the positive feedback. The ride is only slightly more firm than stock. The wheels are 20x8.5 et45 with 255/50. They did not rub before and so far I don't think they are rubbing now. I did have to add a 1/2 spacer above the rear spring seat to get the stance the way I wanted it. The springs the way they came made it perfectly level. 32" ground to fender on all four. So now it's 32 on the front and 32 1/2 in the back.
I finished the lowering of my truck and I think it worked out great only thing is that no one has the software to do a front end alignment , even Ford so I thought I would put that out there . Thanks for all your inspiration though because Im happy the way mine turned out .
Sponsored

Mavericksport

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you everyone for the positive feedback. The ride is only slightly more firm than stock. The wheels are 20x8.5 et45 with 255/50. They did not rub before and so far I don't think they are rubbing now. I did have to add a 1/2 spacer above the rear spring seat to get the stance the way I wanted it. The springs the way they came made it perfectly level. 32" ground to fender on all four. So now it's 32 on the front and 32 1/2 in the back.
Which was easier installation the front or the back springs??

OP
OP
Canyon Racer

Canyon Racer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By far the back is easier. The stock front springs require spring compressors to remove them from the struts.

Mavericksport

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By far the back is easier. The stock front springs require spring compressors to remove them from the struts.
Thanks for that. When my truck finally arrives, I'm going to try it myself. I just need to figure out what I can add for spacers in back like yours. Also your truck looks great.

Smooth_criminal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 ford f100, 2022 Ford Maverick ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know the spring rate of both the factory rear spring and the escape lowering spring. Was wondering how much these would affect payload vs waiting for dedicated maverick springs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Canyon Racer

Canyon Racer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for that. When my truck finally arrives, I'm going to try it myself. I just need to figure out what I can add for spacers in back like yours. Also your truck looks great.
JJC has made some routed spacers. Mine are crude and not nicely finished but they are made from the same material. High Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE) I used 2 different hole saws.

JJC said:
I never posted any pics here of the updated spacers I used, so here's a couple. CNC'd HDPE. They go in between the upper insulator and body to add just a bit of height to the rear.

If anyone needs rear shims/spacers just let me know. I can get them in either 1/4" or 3/8" material. Due to the suspension geometry, the actual lift will vary from the actual material thickness. The 3/8" I used got me almost 1/2" of lift.

Ford Maverick H&R Lowering Springs Installed From Escape w/ Part Number & New Pics {filename}

Ford Maverick H&R Lowering Springs Installed From Escape w/ Part Number & New Pics {filename}

If you have a spare cutting board, you could just use that as well. That's what got me by until I had these made

OP
OP
Canyon Racer

Canyon Racer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know the spring rate of both the factory rear spring and the escape lowering spring. Was wondering how much these would affect payload vs waiting for dedicated maverick springs.
I don't know what the spring rates are but they seem plenty stiff enough for regular loads. I added Air Lift bags to the rear springs Link and put the schrader valve in the driver side cubby. I keep a mini bicycle pump under the back seat. It only takes a couple of pumps to get it to 20 or 30 psi.

Mavericksport

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
JJC has made some routed spacers. Mine are crude and not nicely finished but they are made from the same material. High Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE) I used 2 different hole saws.

JJC said:
I never posted any pics here of the updated spacers I used, so here's a couple. CNC'd HDPE. They go in between the upper insulator and body to add just a bit of height to the rear.

If anyone needs rear shims/spacers just let me know. I can get them in either 1/4" or 3/8" material. Due to the suspension geometry, the actual lift will vary from the actual material thickness. The 3/8" I used got me almost 1/2" of lift.

If you have a spare cutting board, you could just use that as well. That's what got me by until I had these made
How much $? I can't open the pictures? Thanks

Mavericksport

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

JJC said:

Were can I buy, and were did you buy the springs from? How much $ thanks

Sponsored

ThiccSlug

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just finished installing some Escape lowering springs. They lowered about 2 and 2.5. I'll get some daytime pics this weekend. BTW the Escape 14mm camber bolts are also a go.

Update w/ more info and Q&A:

Part description and #:
Escape springs '20 to '22, AWD. Part # 28633-1

The ride is only slightly more firm than stock. The wheels are 20x8.5 et45 with 255/50. They did not rub before and so far I don't think they are rubbing now. I did have to add a 1/2 spacer above the rear spring seat to get the stance the way I wanted it. The springs the way they came made it perfectly level. 32" ground to fender on all four. So now it's 32 on the front and 32 1/2 in the back.

I took my stock steel wheels off at 38 miles and sold 3 as spares to members here, so I don't know what stock ride is like. The small amount of extra firmness is relative to the springs only. It's not annoying, but in hyper check out mode I noticed it.

Not on the bottom of the spring, on the top. The bottom (plastic & rubber) perch has a pin to prevent rotation around the raised metal part of the spring perch. The top metal perch is a bit longer than an inch and only has a rubber isolator. I had an old nylon cutting board I cut using the rubber isolator as a pattern and snapped it over the bulge on the upper metal spring perch. The stock springs are wound in opposite directions. The H&R springs are wound in the same direction. The upper isolators are symmetrical. So the drivers side went right in and the top of the passenger side, but I had to modify the passenger rubber isolator. I used a small grinding bit in a drill to remove a hump and shape the isolator for a spring wound opposite. I could have just bought a driver side lower perch but the pin would have been in the wrong place.
frame
nylon spacer
rubber isolator
spring
rubber isolator
plastic perch
lower control arm

Escape springs '20 to '22, AWD 28633-1

Yes, I had it all together and drove it a couple of miles and decided to come up with a plan to make the rear just slightly higher. The track width of the front and rear of the maverick are different and the rear looks lower when it's exactly the same height.

I usually do my own alignment. The lowering didn't really affect anything, but I didn't measure it before I started adjusting. I set the front camber -1, rear camber -.8, rear toe 1/8" in, front toe 1/8" out and left the caster alone. I will drive it a while and see how I like it. Make any adjustments. Then take it to a shop and have it confirmed and equal it out if there are any differences side to side.

3m flat black vinyl

I just used photo editor to lighten the picture because "puts black wheels on and takes picture at night"
I'll get some daytime pictures.

Yes, 2.5" Flowmaster 44 with black tip through a 4" fender exit bezel. It's not loud at all but I can tell it's running now.

did you have any issues with the front coils? i tried putting mine on yesterday but found that the springs sat loose on the shock, i dont want any rattling so i decided to take it off.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
did you have any issues with the front coils? i tried putting mine on yesterday but found that the springs sat loose on the shock, i dont want any rattling so i decided to take it off.
I've read about that with a few others, but all have said it's a non-issue. It seems when you tighten everything down on the vehicle, the front coil stays in place. I too was hesitant after hearing that and decided to just wait for Maverick specific springs, which it looks like are finally coming to fruition.
(1) H&R Springs for Maverick now confirmed with part # numbers and photos | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Once the struts are installed and you put the truck on the ground everything is fine with no movement/noise.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So how far does it lower it? H&R has a kit that's 2"-3" specific for the Mav.
Sponsored