NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Canadians are not as into vehicles as in the US. Just an observation. They also keep there vehicle longer on average. It might have to do with a higher cost of living so don't spend the same on vehicles. The Bronco is not cheap. The one on lot is 2 door base auto $45000 CDN.
I always thought of Canadians as being at least as outdoorsy as Americans, if not more. Of course now that I think about it, my exposure to Canada is based on the old book The Fur Trappers and the TV show Heartland lol. Lots of Canadians live in big cities like Winnipeg, Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, etc.
Sponsored

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see a lot of people who complained that Ford never communicates with its customers (understandably) but now, I see a lot of the same people complaining that Ford communicated to them! WTF is wrong with you people! Now I see why customer service dept's never do anything. Who wants to cater to this? Some truly special people can only deal with this. Sure isn't me!
Agreed, but is this REALLY communication?? Perhaps an automated quarterly update, computer-generated based on build levels is totally doable but they haven't done that. I am in it to win it, I will wait whatever the time is to get my Maverick. In the meantime, the hoopty will have last a few more months.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I see a lot of people who complained that Ford never communicates with it's customers (understandably) but now, I see a lot of the same people complaining that Ford communicated to them! WTF is wrong with you people! Now I see why customer service dept's never do anything. Who wants to cater to this? Some truly special people can only deal with this. Sure isn't me!
Totally agree, some people act like 5 year olds and are total Karens. I wouldn't send anything either if I was Ford corporate, that's what dealers are for anyone, your dealer has access to everything in their system to tell you what priority level your order is, if it's getting assigned a VIN, where it is in production.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps you need to help out the Ford PR folks! If you replace the word "they" with Ford or We in your first paragraph, it would have a much better email and more sincere!!
I was in PR while I was in the Army. I was Reenlistment NCO and a Recruiter along with Training and Operations NCO, plus other Additional Duties that were PR related along with being an M60 and M1A1 tank crewman and Tank Commander.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
my personal belief is that Ford just did away with the Thursday scheduling fiasco. Next message will be Production. I know you folks will tell me I am crazy so to be clear yes I am. noticed that all they did past Thursday was cleanup. We will see going forward. @fordvideoguy - Tim any insight that you can share.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn’t get this email and I’ve checked all the folders including spam. Ordered hybrid XLT lux on 10/13. Nuttin’ since.

ETA although I got the confirmation email on 10/13 it didn’t come from ford directly. My dealer forwarded it to me. Is that something to be concerned about? I called my dealer two weeks ago to make sure everything was ok and they said it was clean/unscheduled which is where you want to be if you haven’t gotten a build date yet, correct?
I wonder if you can change the email address on your order? I believe from what you wrote the email is going to your dealer. I'd call ford or your dealer.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the email and I am confused...what is the "Important Update"?
I have read it 20 times and I don't see any update.
Well here's my take. Some people aren't as lucky as us coming to a Maverick Truck Club forum getting almost daily updates or watching Tim at Long McArthur Ford on YouTube on a weekly basis. They are simply waiting for their dealer to say something, or to get information from Ford. I know that if I didn't stumble onto MTC and have Tim to watch, I would be in the dark.

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just wonder when we're going to start getting free gifts like they did for Bronco orders. I know a guy who got a cap and a few other items...still no Bronco, but he finally has a build date after more than a year waiting.

MavJeff

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-100
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the same email...the tick mark has moved to order confirmed & scheduled...gives me hope, but could just as easily be eye fodder...

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lol....how pathetic my life must be....I was happy with the email! 🤓

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
lol....how pathetic my life must be....I was happy with the email! 🤓
I was too. Happy that is. Maybe not pathetic. Though I am here on a Saturday afternoon. Wait! I'm killing time to go see a local high school play. Yeah, not pathetic.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
my personal belief is that Ford just did away with the Thursday scheduling fiasco. Next message will be Production. I know you folks will tell me I am crazy so to be clear yes I am. noticed that all they did past Thursday was cleanup. We will see going forward. @fordvideoguy - Tim any insight that you can share.
Only thing I can say is that they were only scheduling 4 product lines, Maverick being one. We had 1 out of 9 allocations schedule Thursday.

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got one of the emails... Sep 8 order, hybrid lux pack, bed extender and 360. First contact since my order confirmation email. Pissed me off because I saw the subject "important news about your order" or whatever and thought...."FINALLY I have a build date".:mad:

The problem with Ford's process isn't the lack of communication.... It's two things they do that individually are whatever, but together make them seem like they're totally screwing you.

1. Allocate a f-ton of trucks to their favorite dealers so guys who ordered a couple months ago are getting their trucks because they ordered from one of the chosen dealers while others who ordered 9 months ago aren't even given build dates AND

2. Giving absolutely no hint at wait time until you get a build date. Hell there are guys who ordered literally the first day they could who still don't know for sure that they aren't getting bumped to a 2023... That's ridiculous

Last edited:

lapercussion

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
No, but we bought ours back in January so it makes sense that we didn't get it.

You guys wanted more information and communication from Ford so it makes a lot of sense that this is how they are going about doing it.
I got mine yesterday I sent a letter to dealer asking when my allotment was going to happen. I assumed they contacted Ford who then sent me this.... Probably they ignored my letter at the dealer and this was just sent out at random. complete BS I ordered my xl in June of last year and I hear people complaining they haven't received their january orders.... sorry but it should be first come first serve

Ford Maverick Ford sends out (blanket spam) email -- "An Important Update About Your Order" ford
Sponsored