First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then how does anyone know what Vinson are affected? I put in my vin and it shows nothing.
I think some build dates were mentioned?? But mostly you'll just have to wait until Ford announces and "activates" the recall (for lack of a better word). Then your dealer can search by VIN. And it should also show up on Ford Pass at that point. A letter in the mail will follow.

Ford could change their mind on timing...but right now, it doesn't look like that will happen until mid-May.
Sponsored

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g35 coupe, VW Golf
Engine
Undecided
it does seem that they could have had a couple easily removable small access panels doesn't it? Nah, you still have to change the oil at least a couple times a year - regardless of how many miles you drive oil ages and breaks down also based on time.
I don't think modern fully synthetic oil needs to be replaced more than once a year

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"If the vehicle initiates a “Stop-Start” at a light, it may not be able to restart.
The problem mainly affects the 2021-2024 Bronco Sport, of which 402,978 units are caught up in this recall. Additionally, 53,587 Mavericks from the 2022-2023 model years are being called back to the dealer.
Once there, the solution should be relatively simple. Ford will update the calibration of the Body Control and Powertrain Control Modules to detect the 12-volt battery’s state of charge, and to increase alternator output if it starts running low.

Could be wrong but I'm thinking this is an ecoboost only issue with the mention of start/stop and alternator.

https://www.carscoops.com/2024/04/4...ause-their-batteries-might-die-at-the-lights/

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Funny, I'm on FMCDealer and cannot find the recall 24S24, though there is a service message making a reference to this issue, but no recall number referenced yet. I imagine that this may mean it's not able to be performed just yet as there's not an actual "Alert" message with a link detailing the issue; with relevant information detailing the reason, repair procedure, warranty claim details....

Sponsored

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FFS!! Ain't nobody got time to deal with all these recalls!

Do you know what a PITA it is to coordinate rides with my coworker just so she can schlep me back and forth to the dealership?! Tried the shuttle service once; won't do that again. Too time-consuming. The dealership I use NEVER has loaner cars unless you have something major going on.

A few years ago, I was given a 2008 (I think?) Chevy Malibu by my father-in-law. Car only had about 50K miles on it. Boring, basic transportation but got the job done. However, I kept receiving endless recall notices on the thing for seatbelts and whatever else. Finally traded it in for a Honda, which you would expect to be a trustworthy ride. Nope! My Honda started getting squirrely around 84K miles. Traded that in for the Maverick.

And here we are again...RECALLS!!

Ford needs to get their shit together. I love my Maverick but if this continues, Ford has lost me as a customer. I'm already considering other vehicles as my future (and last) ride purchase.
So it’s all your fault. Thanks.
Your kinda like the bad luck charm.

OP
OP
Mav_RICK

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious if this affects ecoboost or just hybrid? Any idea where to look?
I t looks like both. If your Mav was built after 10/22 possibly not effected at all. Vin list not out yet, probably not for at least two weeks.

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny, I'm on FMCDealer and cannot find the recall 24S24, though there is a service message making a reference to this issue, but no recall number referenced yet. I imagine that this may mean it's not able to be performed just yet as there's not an actual "Alert" message with a link detailing the issue; with relevant information detailing the reason, repair procedure, warranty claim details....
yep it's not even "advance notice" yet according to my service guy.
plenty of time for conspiracy theories and wild speculations to fester ;)

Reece @ DI

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2022 Hybrid does have this recall listed on the Ford site, along with the 3x others I have not taken care of yet (instrument panel, turn signal, under hood fire).

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, the NHTSA #24V267000 document cannot be correct.

I believe only 2022 Mavericks are included in this recall, - no 23 or 24 models. First of all, only 53,587 units are affected and looking back, that's about exactly how many were produced in the Feb. 03, 2021 - October 28th, 2022, timeline.

Secondly, the 2023 model year production started the week of November 25th, 2022. I know this because my 2023 Maverick was built the first week of production VIN . . . . . . 722.

I also do not believe this recall has anything to do with the "Deep Sleep" problem because I have this problem and it is not in the recall timeline of production.

Ford Maverick Ford recalls 456K vehicles due to loss of drive power (undetected low battery issue); includes 2022-2023 Maverick Ecoboost & Hybrid Page2

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

yep it's not even "advance notice" yet according to my service guy.
plenty of time for conspiracy theories and wild speculations to fester ;)
Here at the dealer getting an oil change. Tech guy has no idea about the new recall. Go figure.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saw on National News last night 4-17 recall for BOTH Maverick and Bronco Sport. Low battery not detected loss of power. Thats what they said . So doesn't sound like hybrid issue as no hybrid Bronco's.

BUT that was TV news so who knows if correct at all.

sawon Natuional New last nightb 4-17
Sponsored