Flub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 08
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all couldn't find a thread for this. I just installed the Ford mud flaps and oh boy... First off those were the worst instructions I've seen in awhile. The rear mudflaps didnt need the clips the screws go into installed as some were already there for example.

Anyway question: those screw clips for the front scraped the garbo thin paint down to the metal on the insert holes that come off the fender. Should I be concerned for future rusting? Underneath these screws pictured here from the front wheel well.

Ford Maverick Ford Mud Flaps Install PXL_20230803_224720696
Sponsored

OP
OP
Flub

Flub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 08
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh yeah and dont be like me and assume the plastic trim bolts are normal... They are fancy expanding and locking ones. I bent the heck out of the fender holes before I realized

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had to drop the mudflaps to get my truck, a 22. I understand they are still constrained which to me is a joke. Bought weathertech super easy install comes with some film to protect the paint. Very Happy.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know some people had issues with the Ford flaps (lots of posts from late 2021 and 2022 cover these flaps). I've had them installed for a year now, no paint damage whatsoever. Dirt will get between the flap and the body, so cleaning is important.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just installed the fronts 2 days ago on my 2023 truck, it could not have been easier or more straight forward. Not certain how you managed to scratch anything, my clips slid right on... and the bottom push fasteners basically go in with one finger, press in and seat the outer section, then press in and seat the inner lock...

Sponsored

Senior Master Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger, 04 and 18 Escape, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had to drop the mudflaps to get my truck, a 22. I understand they are still constrained which to me is a joke. Bought weathertech super easy install comes with some film to protect the paint. Very Happy.
Do you have any pics of the Weathertech flaps installed you can share? I like the looks of them in the picture on the website, would like to know what they look like installed TIA

OP
OP
Flub

Flub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 08
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just installed the fronts 2 days ago on my 2023 truck, it could not have been easier or more straight forward. Not certain how you managed to scratch anything, my clips slid right on... and the bottom push fasteners basically go in with one finger, press in and seat the outer section, then press in and seat the inner lock...

They do slide right on but in doing so the metal bit which secures it scrapes along the paint

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They do slide right on but in doing so the metal bit which secures it scrapes along the paint
Mine did not scrape or remove paint on the install this week or when I installed them last year on my 2022.

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably the same kit sold on Ali-Express for $22 or less, with instructions translated from Chinese. They do look very similar, and the instructions weren't the best, but then I didn't really use the instructions, it was pretty apparent what to do. - I did add some PPF under the areas the wrap around portion might rub/contact the painted surface to prevent dirt from getting in and scratching the paint. (Learned that with the wheel arches on my Subaru, which were Genuine Subaru parts).

Cocobean

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do you have any pics of the Weathertech flaps installed you can share? I like the looks of them in the picture on the website, would like to know what they look like installed TIA
These are the Weathertech on my ‘23. Hope it helps ☺

Ford Maverick Ford Mud Flaps Install IMG_7306
Ford Maverick Ford Mud Flaps Install IMG_7307
Ford Maverick Ford Mud Flaps Install IMG_7310

Sponsored

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Watch the Weathertech video of the installation, got to be the simplest ever. They make great stuff and when my stripes are put on, I will get a couple pair. I've got their floor liners, Bed tonneau hard trifold, bumper license frame, hood protector, windshield sunshade and will also get their side window covers, when they make them. (Last said 10 weeks). Their stuff is top quality and well warranted.

Senior Master Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger, 04 and 18 Escape, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Watch the Weathertech video of the installation, got to be the simplest ever. They make great stuff and when my stripes are put on, I will get a couple pair. I've got their floor liners, Bed tonneau hard trifold, bumper license frame, hood protector, windshield sunshade and will also get their side window covers, when they make them. (Last said 10 weeks). Their stuff is top quality and well warranted.
I didn't even know they make a trifold bed cover, I might check it out too, Thanks!

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The trifold can withstand 400 lbs and I unboxed it, counted the parts, read the instruction and from that point had it installed singlehanded in 35 minutes.
Ford Maverick Ford Mud Flaps Install IMG_4342

Skandren

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Muslogy for Maverick Mud Flaps Front & Rear Mud Guards Accessories No Drilling Required Exterior Accessories Splash Guard Compatible with Ford Maverick 2022 2023 4Pcs These aer the best most durable easy to install flaps I have ever put on took me under 15 minutes to install all four. Bought them on Amazon. $56.76 Total including shipping.
Sponsored