Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do the Mabett flaps cover the open void on the rear drivers side like the Weathertech?
No but if you are at all handy it is easy to fashion a piece of rubber mat, sheet metal, or plastic to add coverage. I did mine with a piece of rubber mat.

On the top I slid a rectangular piece of rubber mat behind the wheel well liner and on the bottom I attached it to the horizontal part of the mud flap. I made that connection by drilling two holes through the mud flap and bottom edge of the rubber mat. I used the extra plastic push pins that were supplied with the mud flaps as the fasteners. There are no connections on the top, it is just wedged between the fender and wheel well liner and runs up into the space by about 4"-5".

It has not moved at all and now provides ample coverage in my opinion.
Sponsored

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No but if you are at all handy it is easy to fashion a piece of rubber mat, sheet metal, or plastic to add coverage. I did mine with a piece of rubber mat.

On the top I slid a rectangular piece of rubber mat behind the wheel well liner and on the bottom I attached it to the horizontal part of the mud flap. I made that connection by drilling two holes through the mud flap and bottom edge of the rubber mat. I used the extra plastic push pins that were supplied with the mud flaps as the fasteners. There are no connections on the top, it is just wedged between the fender and wheel well liner and runs up into the space by about 4"-5".

Can you snap a picture, please?

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had cartilage removed from my knee MANY years ago, and it still reminds me at times. Not fun. Take care and good luck.

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had cartilage removed from my knee MANY years ago, and it still reminds me at times. Not fun. Take care and good luck.
Thanks. Had my other knee done 11 years ago and it kicked my butt. I fancy myself as being pretty rugged and am thank full that this go around has been a bit easier!

I hope the post from the other thread helped.

Sponsored

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was able to get this picture. The top of the rubber mat is slid between the wheel well liner and the metal under body. I used a piece of copper ground wire from electrical wire on the back side of the push pins just to make sure they did not come off.
Ford Maverick Mud Flaps 20240110_123504

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Great idea. Thank you.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have xlt with cubby on right side and added cubby ($45 dealer ) on left side to fill hole . also added mudflaps ($40 Amazon )with Modified extension on left side just in case . no problem now .
Sponsored