Sponsored

Ford Financing Rates apply at time of purchase (not when you place order)

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, as long as the vehicle was ordered retail, special finance rates from the order date are protected (for the person who ordered it). Current and protected rebates and incentives pop up automatically in the system....super easy for dealers to compare the two options!
Indeed - I got confirmation of this from my dealer last night. Thannnkkkk goodness. LOL I was pretty certain that's how it would work out, but I wanted to be sure ahead of time since my truck is supposed to be delivered next month. Getting all of my ducks in a row so I have as close to perfect knowledge as possible before I pick it up.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's kind of the negotiating I'm anticipating next month as well, but good to see more evidence that the buyer can indeed make this happen.
This isn't negotiating. If the retail order was put in correctly (i.e. not ordered as a stock unit), this is what happens. Just ask to compare the incentives from order date to sale date. And if there was a price increase after you ordered, the original price is protected for you.

MavHy

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Hybrid, 21 Bronco, E55, 986
Wow, I thought I was waiting a long time from 7/2021. Lol.
Oops - typo - thinking of the 8/2020 order for the Bronco (picked up in Dec). My bad!

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Interesting the different answers - my dealer said I could still get 0%/36mo on "price protection" when I asked (which is what I took) last Friday when I got my Mav. They recorded it at the "order date" of 6/2020.
I get more confused as I read all of this. Guess the best thing to do is talk to my salesman and my credit union.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Hope it works out for you. We had to fight the increase but we did get it. Look over your paperwork. We did get stuck with the nitrogen in the tires you know that’s a crock.
What? What's that about? Nitrogen in the tires?

Sponsored

waitingonford

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just asked my dealer if they would honor the interest rate available at the time of my order and they told me no. The interest rate is whatever it is when I take delivery. How are you getting your dealer to honor the order financing rate. I can’t seem to make any headway.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do ANY of you people listen to @fordvideoguy ? Apparently not. 🙄

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You get the protected incentives including special rates. See images.

20220218_104111.jpg

20220218_104126.jpg
So if the dealer clicked on the sale date button you are are screwed?

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
So if the dealer clicked on the sale date button you are are screwed?
As long as you haven't finished signing they can go back and pull them and switch to protect date. It's not a one and your done you can always go back and pull them again to see which incentives work best for you.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
GAP? Why worry about gap insurance when it's worth $5K + more AFTER you drive it off the lot?
Worry of the payoff of the loan being more than the insurance depreciated value if you experience a loss. Perhaps if you carry "replacement cost" you could be protected. The reference to gap coverage price check with credit union is that they MAY have a better rate than others.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just spoke with someone from Ford Customer Relation dept. and apparently the rates that offered online through Ford.com will be applied at the time of purchase of the vehicle as opposed to the time of you placing the order. This means if your purchase or delivery is in October 2022, whatever rates offered at that time will be applied and not the 0% that had been offered last year. This is contradictory to some dealerships telling their customers that their rates are locked in at the time of placing their orders Just want to put that out.
My dealer gave me the financing and price that was available at time of order.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As long as you haven't finished signing they can go back and pull them and switch to protect date. It's not a one and your done you can always go back and pull them again to see which incentives work best for you.
Exactly as he says. You get whatever incentive was available when you placed your order. Or, you get whatever incentive is available when receiving your order, NOT both. It worked better for me taking the current $750 and the 0.9% interest. Which my dealer suggested to save money.

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Sounds like this got cleared up but incentives should be locked from the time you placed your order. I qualified for a $1000 rebate when I placed my order in June that was $750 when I took delivery in January. Called ford program headquarters and they gave me a new code for the $1000 incentive no problem.

They told me that incentive lock is typically done automatically by the dealer but I think they have the option to turn it off. If your dealer is giving you a hard time call ford program headquarters and they should be able to look things up pretty easily.
Sponsored