Ford Extended Warranty???

Tony_The_Wiseguy

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Area 51
I bought the ESP on my hybrid tonight. Talked her down to $1900 for the 6yr/100k. Price was like $2700 initially. Not sure if that was a great deal but it only added like $26 a month to my payment.
Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Extended warranties are usually sold by the finance mgr who writes up the sales contract, along with pre-paid maintenance and other upcharges. Anything that gives them their own separate commission on extras like this must mean it is overpriced.

Ford has a 3 yr warr on Mavericks and a 8 yr warr on hybrid components. Why let them have your money (even $26 per month) so far in advance? You will never use it if you decide to sell your Maverick before 3 years anyway. If you really want an extended warranty, 3 years from now buy one from Car Shield or a similar provider.

Last edited:

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good, bad, and otherwise.... Never owned a Ford before so not sure if it's something worth getting??? Best to get it at the Dealership when I buy my Maverick or is there better online places to purchase it??? Thanks in advance!!!
Ever since vehicles became , basically, computers I get the extended warranty. My dealer, who I've brought 5 or 6 brand new Fords from since 1994, wanted to charge us $3,400.00 for a 6 year 100k Ford Premium Care service plan with a $100.00 deductible. Which was a LOT more then I paid for my 8 year 75k mile plan for my 2018 F-150 STX. Someone on this site recommended Flood Ford in RI and Granger too. I got the exact 6 year 100k Ford Warranty Premium Care for 1,110.00 MINUS my Ford Pass Points. Hell yeah, if you want one check out Granger in I think Iowa or go to www.floodfordesp.com it's a Ford Product so it's good at any Ford Dealership in the country. Let me know what you think. Oh and apparently ALL ESP's are going up after January 5th. Good luck and Happy New Year to you and your family;)

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep in mind that ESPs are not warranties although the F & I people refer to them as such. It’s an extended service plan with deductibles and exceptions.

ESPs are an enormous profit maker for the dealership and the person selling it makes a significant commission.

For the sake of discussion, if you consider purchase of a 5 year/80K ESP, the first 3 years/36K are covered under the Ford new vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty. Ford new vehicle power train coverage is good for 5 years/60K.

In this case, you’re purchasing coverage for 20K on the power train and 2 years on items like power mirrors, entertainment system, computer components, etc.

The Ford new car warranty has no deductible for covered repairs, ESPs do.

My suggestions are shop round because any Ford dealer can sell Ford ESPs and only purchase a Ford ESP if you do.

Call Granger, Chapman, etc., and check their prices before purchase at your dealership.

I would not buy an ESP now because it’s not good for my situation, retired and no longer drive 300 miles to/from work per week.

I always like to think an angel gets their wings whenever I say no to the F & I guy/gal at the dealership. Their reaction to the the word no is priceless.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there anyway to lock in the rate now before the increase?

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep in mind that ESPs are not warranties although the F & I people refer to them as such. It’s an extended service plan with deductibles and exceptions.

ESPs are an enormous profit maker for the dealership and the person selling it makes a significant commission.

For the sake of discussion, if you consider purchase of a 5 year/80K ESP, the first 3 years/36K are covered under the Ford new vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty. Ford new vehicle power train coverage is good for 5 years/60K.

In this case, you’re purchasing coverage for 20K on the power train and 2 years on items like power mirrors, entertainment system, computer components, etc.

The Ford new car warranty has no deductible for covered repairs, ESPs do.

My suggestions are shop round because any Ford dealer can sell Ford ESPs and only purchase a Ford ESP if you do.

Call Granger, Chapman, etc., and check their prices before purchase at your dealership.

I would not buy an ESP now because it’s not good for my situation, retired and no longer drive 300 miles to/from work per week.

I always like to think an angel gets their wings whenever I say no to the F & I guy/gal at the dealership. Their reaction to the the word no is priceless.
Omg!! THIS IS SPOT ON”!! Although I had an amazing finance fella and thee best experience in over 27 years of buying/selling/trading etc.. my Finance guy looked crushed as hell when we said I’m sorry not at this time!! Had he been able to get the cost down somewhere else…who knows, I might have done it lol… but agree I will buy one before warranty last few days if I have the truck and want to continue with it… I would think I would want to trade up to a 2025/2026 Maverick…

RobA979

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Sport Trac
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So when I picked up my vehicle on Thursday they offered me 7 year 75k mile with $100 deductible for $1500. I thought that was similar to Flood Ford so I went for it. I now see that is it quite a bit off. Anyone know if I can cancel it and then sign up with Flood Ford?

Last edited:

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Extended warranties are always a gamble. It is your choice.
I bought the extended warranty at the dealership. I plan on using my truck off road and in harsh conditions and after reading the extended warranty there are no exclusions for off road use. I bought the off road package (Fx4 package) so that may be a reason but I feel it is worth the gamble since I will be using the truck for camping and hunting.

JoeEd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm considering getting the extended warranty on my maverick as there is more electronics on the car than any one I've ever owned. My Honda Element had a valve problem right before the warranty went out (like 1000 miles left) and it would have cost me some $$$. My wifes 2013 Santa Fe just had a oil filter housing crack at 120K miles which was just after the 100K warranty expired and it cost us $1200. Her car also had a couple of things go out right after 100K.

I wouldn't normally get the extended warranty but this time around I might as 3 years 36K is the shortest warranty on any vehicle I've ever purchased.

I'm going to look at the PremiumCare 8 year 150,000 warranty. If I can get that for $2K-3K or less I'd be pretty happy about it. I figured one major electrical issue or transmission issue can cost quite a bit. $3k divided by 8 years is $375 year. That's not much for peace of mind for 8 years.

No idea what the actual costs will be but have to wait and see.

The bigger problem is always that to maintain the warranty you may have to have all the recommended services done at a dealer and they charge you $200 to change spark plugs etc.

Problem is so many things now just can't be repaired at home.

I replaced my master cylinder on my Honda Element only to find out that you need a special device from the dealer to get the air out of the ABS system. So had to pay for them to do a flush with the device after I replaced it.

I can't imagine the cost to fix an electrical display or electronic ebrake in these things.

I've done all my own repairs for years, fuel pumps, starters, alternators, etc. Hard to give it up.
Do you have to have Scheduled Maintenances performed at a Ford dealer for the ESP to cover an issue down the line or can you just do oil changes and tire rotations and be covered if some covered ESP issue comes up in the future? Thanks.

Sponsored

JoeEd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So when I picked up my vehicle on Thursday they offered me 7 year 75k mile with $100 deductible for $1500. I thought that was similar to Flood Ford so I went for it. I now see that is it quite a bit off. Anyone know if I can cancel it and then sign up with Flood Ford?
Maybe check your paperwork to see if it can be cancelled in the first 30 or 60 days. I think the Flood one says on its site that you can cancel within 60 days.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There should be a grace period to cancel the coverage. Ford Flood has one. Not sure if they will adjust your payments but you should get your money back then go to Ford Flood or another one like Anderson and Koch.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/esp_pl...2=0&Surcharge5=0&Surcharge3=0&Submit=Continue
https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/index.php/purchase

RobA979

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Sport Trac
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There should be a grace period to cancel the coverage. Ford Flood has one. Not sure if they will adjust your payments but you should get your money back then go to Ford Flood or another one like Anderson and Koch.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/esp_pl...2=0&Surcharge5=0&Surcharge3=0&Submit=Continue
https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/index.php/purchase
It worked out great. I was able to cancel without any penalty and signed up for Flood. 1 extra year, 25k extra miles and saved about $300.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Extended warranties are always a gamble. It is your choice.
Question: if you buy extended warranty when I buy the truck does that start right then? If so, I'm carrying warranty I don't need until factory warning expires, right? I but a 5 year, 100,000 mile ext. Warranty on my escape and factory one expired in less than 2 years (because of high mileage ). Do I now have 5 year warranty or only 3 years?

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question: if you buy extended warranty when I buy the truck does that start right then? If so, I'm carrying warranty I don't need until factory warning expires, right? I but a 5 year, 100,000 mile ext. Warranty on my escape and factory one expired in less than 2 years (because of high mileage ). Do I now have 5 year warranty or only 3 years?
No it is immediate
Sponsored