First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m curious what happens if the person that ordered the vehicle doesn’t want to take delivery??
I’ve been thinking about canceling my order.
I feel like this is good incentive for sales to follow up with their orders, and dealers to be able to cancel an order to avoid breaking that threshold versus looking at cancelled orders as a lottery ticket to mark up. If a high volume dealer has a lot of cancelled orders, they are better off cancelling if a customer decided to back out before production. Right now every dealer laughs all the way to the 10k + ADM anytime someone calls to " cancel " because I would venture a bet no order that has been input for this truck as truly been "cancelled"
Sponsored

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I still want to know how this policy effects married couples where property is communally held in states like Texas for example. I order the vehicle but the vehicle is titled and financed thru my spouse. Or in both names at time of delivery..... @Ford Motor Company ?

Here is the statement from Ford on family members.

Ford Maverick Ford enforcing stricter Order Name Matching Policy on dealers [Bulletin Added] 1652991759519

Jemers22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow.... Customer waited too long... They all fall under that one. IMO

Leuf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you telling me that Ford has a way for dealers to make it so if the buyer doesn't want the vehicle or can't get financing then it doesn't count against the dealer but ON TOP OF THAT right now almost a THIRD of the orders can not end up with the person who ordered it but they are going to really crack down and maybe make it so only ONE OUT OF FIVE people who ordered get screwed?

Am I understanding this correctly?

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why even a delivery center? Carvana brings vehicles right to your door. Eliminate the middle man and reduce costs. Let people order at invoice price and Ford still saves on dealer Cashback/holdback and other incentives.
I still want to inspect and test drive my vehicle before I take delivery, and I want a service department to handle whatever issues follow. But beyond that, I'm fine with ordering online.

Sponsored

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would imagine this will start more dealers wanting a large deposit to insure the person truly wants the ordered vehicle. This would help in avoiding people ordering multiple place and waiting for the first vehicle to show up.
I think Ford should check and make the buyer attest to the fact that they have multiple orders. Non refundable deposits and dealer certification of price would stop all this crap on both sides. Both are just as bad.

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
More corporate :poop: . Believe it when I see it happen. Still can not even get a build day for my 6/10/2021 order!:mad:🤬🏳

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like this is good incentive for sales to follow up with their orders, and dealers to be able to cancel an order to avoid breaking that threshold versus looking at cancelled orders as a lottery ticket to mark up. If a high volume dealer has a lot of cancelled orders, they are better off cancelling if a customer decided to back out before production. Right now every dealer laughs all the way to the 10k + ADM anytime someone calls to " cancel " because I would venture a bet no order that has been input for this truck as truly been "cancelled"
Before production the buyer should have to attest to the fact that they still anticipate taking delivery may be even demonstrates financing or cash availabity.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is the statement from Ford on family members.

1652991759519.png

LOL well that makes the whole thing a wash. A dealer just has to say they tried to call multiple times and the customer never answered. Seems like a dealer that wants to avoid these guidelines has a lot of easy ways to do it.

Olderthandirt

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Traverse,17 F150,13 Camaro, 22 Ridgeline
When I 1st started reading this post, I thought we needed to let our dealership know we weren't going to take our's, if we ever got scheduled. But I think I'll wait after reading the exceptions list. Not too worried about the Ford dealers, they will survive.

Sponsored

Demoguy1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m curious what happens if the person that ordered the vehicle doesn’t want to take delivery??
I’ve been thinking about canceling my order.
The dealer will sell your cancelled truck for $5,000 over MSRP. Take delivery and flip for a nice profit yourself.

Demoguy1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would imagine this will start more dealers wanting a large deposit to insure the person truly wants the ordered vehicle. This would help in avoiding people ordering multiple place and waiting for the first vehicle to show up.
Zero dealers are complaining about cancelled trucks.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Zero dealers are complaining about cancelled trucks.
You got that right!! The opportunity to mark-up and make some big $$ will never get passed over!! I think Ford might trying to really hold dealers feet to the fire about too many "canceled" orders so the dealer can load up their lots with vehicles. I think there's going to be a struggle as the sales model switches to customers ordering what they want instead of cruising the lot to find something that "might" fit what they really want.
Sponsored