Ford Customer Service Is Awful

PMitchell

First Name
Lawrence Aylward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I sure hope the Maverick performs better than the company's customer service, which is pathetic. I ordered TWO hybrid Mavericks in mid-August. I've heard jacksh&t from Ford, except that my order was accepted -- thanks to me putting down $500 per vehicle. I've been waiting more than 5 months for some kind of communication .., anything. Oh, we did get word in October that we were getting some free crap ... to make up for the delay. I called Ford marketing today and the guy I spoke to was obviously schooled in evasiveness. It's such BS! Listen, I understand what might be holding things up. But, please Ford, please frickin' communicate to so many Maverick buyers who are in the dark. We have financial decisions to make regarding the vehicles we currently own, and you are not helping us make those decisions. Do you even care?
Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never got any emails or phone calls from Ford. All the information I got came directly from the salesman I ordered it from with 500 down. I ordered a simple hybrid XLT with hitch. Went to the dealership at least 5 times and talked directly with my salesman in friendly conversation. He gave me updates if he had any. 97 days from order it was delivered. No BS when I picked it up. Only dealer in my small town.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sure hope the Maverick performs better than the company's customer service, which is pathetic. I ordered TWO hybrid Mavericks in mid-August. I've heard jacksh&t from Ford, except that my order was accepted -- thanks to me putting down $500 per vehicle. I've been waiting more than 5 months for some kind of communication .., anything. Oh, we did get word in October that we were getting some free crap ... to make up for the delay. I called Ford marketing today and the guy I spoke to was obviously schooled in evasiveness. It's such BS! Listen, I understand what might be holding things up. But, please Ford, please frickin' communicate to so many Maverick buyers who are in the dark. We have financial decisions to make regarding the vehicles we currently own, and you are not helping us make those decisions. Do you even care?
you aren't doing yourself any favors coupling external financial decisions to a vehicle that everybody knows by now has extremely long wait times. Ford just is not going to hold people's hands with warm & fuzzy updates for the I-want-it-NOW crowd. The Ford confirmation email you should have gotten has a bubble schedule with milestones they say will generate updates. No Communication means no new milestone reached. Besides, if they did communiate every single little event, then it would generate a million more questions back to them about when, why, how, and what if trying to pin them down on stuff even they can't answer until actually happens.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to hear this , but no they do not care.
Maybe if your name was Brad Pitt they might reach out.

fourwheelsandadream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I placed my order for the Maverick fully understanding that we are in a pandemic and there are supply chain constrains and acknowledging that I don't need a business to constantly update me on something where there are ever changing circumstances outside their control on how many can be built.

So I sit here patiently and it will come when it comes. Maybe I am in the minority.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MTMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy 1T
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed my order for the Maverick fully understanding that we are in a pandemic and there are supply chain constrains and acknowledging that I don't need a business to constantly update me on something where there are ever changing circumstances outside their control on how many can be built.

So I sit here patiently and it will come when it comes. Maybe I am in the minority.
I fully expected to be patient, my only gripe is seeing orders after mine getting build dates. While I'm happy others got their orders in the hopper, it still makes me irritated as hell at Ford's allocation system.

fourwheelsandadream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I fully expected to be patient, my only gripe is seeing orders after mine getting build dates. While I'm happy others got their orders in the hopper, it still makes me irritated as hell at Ford's allocation system.
Yea I definitely get that gripe. I understand the allocation system at it's core but do wish it was tweaked a bit and would be frustrated if I went through a small dealer. Whatever ford did with their scheduling it really was a zero sum game for them

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like the best course of action would be to cancel your orders and get your refund from the dealer.
I doubt Ford will be able to meet or exceed your expectations at this point.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If some of these youtuber's TFL, Raiti's Rides, MotorTrend & etc...would make a video specifically calling out FORD for their lack of communication thru the process....FORD would miraculously, come up with an updated coms process....but until it hit main stream...the BEAN counters will no stray from their process....
I’ve said it before, but good luck finding another manufacturer that will send email updates of the scheduling, build date, and ship date like ford is doing.
Go order a Toyota and you will be 100% dependent upon the dealership for info. And most dealers don’t care about updates. They only care about available inventory they can sell.
So Ford isn’t doing too bad in comparison.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
You people kill me.

Ford employs 186,000 people. They sell 4 million vehicles a year. Your beef??

The Ford Motor Company hasn't taken the time to personally touch base with you REGULARLY to update you on the fact that your truck HAS STILL NOT been built.

Nevermind the fact that there are no status updates between order received and in production.

I guess they should just send YOU a nice, handwritten note every Friday to let YOU know how much YOUR order means to all 186,000 people at Ford.

Post your address and perhaps we in the community can all pitch in and mail you a nice little something from time to time to lift your spirits.
Sponsored