First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick, 22 4Runner, 16 Mazda6, 12 Camry, 04 R
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I reported a dealership for wasting a ton of my time and putting a $10k markup on the truck, here’s what I got back

At this time, Dealers are independent franchises and ultimately set the final price with a customer. Right now, in a very supply constrained environment, dealers are more likely to price around MSRP, unlike in the past when inventory was more available.
This is an overall industry issue right now, as evidenced by a recent Edmunds survey. The vast majority of our Ford dealers are charging around MSRP. The Edmunds survey of automakers showed Ford dealers charging on average at $136 over MSRP. This was the lowest of the 12 automakers surveyed by Edmunds. That can obviously vary, but we do want to provide our customer a great experience.
We encourage our customers to order a new vehicle and agree to a price in advance in writing with their dealer.”

really cracking down on em!!
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The reality is Ford and the rest of the vehicle mfg can’t do anything, their hands are tied due to the current laws. They will be able to do different with EV products with the new company format, but ICE side will be bogged down for years before lawyers, lobbyist, fed govt, and states will let anything change

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Well who ever you spoke to isn't wrong. It's well within the right of the dealer to sell any vehicle they order even a special order vehicle at any price they want regardless of what the CEO of Ford would like them to do.
Now if you were speaking to Farley directly and he said this then it might be cause for concern but I'm guessing this isn't the case.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We encourage our customers to order a new vehicle and agree to a price in advance in writing with their dealer.”
I don't know WHO you reported your dealer to, but I sure agree with the advice they gave to buyers in their reply, as shown above!
Dealers in some locations are simply scum! They don't/won't sign your order upon entry because they have no intention of sticking to the stated price. It's a jungle out there (my experience so far)!

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Status
Not open for further replies.