First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can we stop using the word gouging? ADM is not gouging. Contrary to popular belief we will not die if we do not get new trucks. Gouging is someone charging $50 for a 12 oz bottle of water after a natural disaster because they are the only supplier in town. You will die without water but you won't die if you don't get your xlt lux with 4k tow package. You can buy another truck to hold you over or get a SC if you're into that kind of thing. We all would love our Mavericks yesterday. Being an importer and a customer like everyone here I understand both sides. I've never seen the supply chain this messed up. I've had to make decisions on what to import and what to cancel. Most customers have been understanding but some are unreasonable and accuse us of gouging when the shipping alone costs more than the previous sales price. It sucks. Nobody is happy. The sooner we go UK style and let everyone just do whatever and get back to normal, the faster this 💩 show will be over. Don't blame Ford they arent the ones forcing ridiculous policies on the entire supply chain.
I the case of Dealers "gouging", the term seems perfectly appropriate. There's several verbs we can use like "overcharge" but the slag for that is "gouging".

Cheat, Extort, Rip off, soak, gyp, pad, soak, fleece, stick it, nick, clip . . . . ALL would apply. Like many on the forum the first word that comes to mind is gouging.
Sponsored

lapercussion

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
As I've stated before if they are going to maximize profits and build F-series trucks and throttle mavericks then they should drop the destination charge if our orders come in one year after the order date.

sjdmav11/5/21

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota rav 4 mazdacx-5
For someone who ordered a slightly above base model - This is discouraging - as far as it seems picking what I wanted (could afford) put me in the back of the line because it won't make AS MUCH profit , at least that is the vibe that article puts out.

Here to tell you if that is the modus operandi - Then Happy Customers isn't exactly the goal - nor is it being well balanced with statements like that.
It's all about the $$$$.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's all about the $$$$.

And any one of you complaining about it would do the same thing if it meant staying in business. Is it better for Ford, (or any manufacturer in today's world) to stay in business and make a profit with the chance of you getting your car(or other product) at some later date, or going out of business and you not getting your Maverick(or other product) at all? These are big organizations that also have a lot of employees they are responsible for.

How many of you complaining have written a paycheck over a long period of time for your employees? If they cut their work force how many people would be complaining about that big evil company cutting their labor force???

Rather than constantly complaining about the Maverick you don't have, ...look forward to the day you will have it!!!

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

And any one of you complaining about it would do the same thing if it meant staying in business. Is it better for Ford, (or any manufacturer in today's world) to stay in business and make a profit with the chance of you getting your car(or other product) at some later date, or going out of business and you not getting your Maverick(or other product) at all? These are big organizations that also have a lot of employees they are responsible for.

How many of you complaining have written a paycheck over a long period of time for your employees? If they cut their work force how many people would be complaining about that big evil company cutting their labor force???

Rather than constantly complaining about the Maverick you don't have, ...look forward to the day you will have it!!!
Don’t cry too much for Ford or their Dealers… last year profits were in the Billionss.

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t cry too much for Ford or their Dealers… last year profits were in the Billionss.
Very much aware of their profits and market capitalization. I am also aware of what it takes to keep a major corporation in continued growth.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That combo has also seen the largest price increase. I believe the Lariat went up almost four hundred and luxury package about the same increase, another couple hundred w/ a sunroof.
Yes, the Lariat First Edition Rapid Red Hybrid (fully loaded) I ordered went up $960 total based on the created sticker (compared to the non-binding order form back in July).

Welakabud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In 2004 I bought a new F150 XLT triton. At that time I said it would probably be my last truck.I would keep it til I die. It has been a good reliable truck(poor gas mileage).Well along came the high gas prices and Ford comes out with this Maverick Hybrid. I take the bait and decide to purchase another new truck before I die, I am 75. I run the numbers and figure I can afford an XLT with co-pilot 360, Full size spare and trailer hitch. I ordered it in October. Now I am wondering if maybe the 2004 will be my last truck before I die? Will I live long enough to see my 2022 Maverick?:confused:

LineNoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Gouging is a more than appropriate term in this situation. One does not need to be in a life or death situation for a dealer's swindling and overcharging to be considered "gouging".

The only thing that is going to stop it are customers organizing, standing firm and not paying it in the first place. I spent all week callilng dealers. Most were trying to gouge their customer for an extra $10k. The worst dealer out of all that I spoke with has already lowered their "market adjustment" from $10k to $2.5k.

Stay stong. Find patience. Don't give dealers extra money

Last edited:

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please everyone get a grip. You are in complete control of what you pay or don’t pay. I personally would never pay ADM. if i see it on the car or truck it is my first negotiation. If i win then we can continue to chat. Same is true on my trade - i know the price it is worth based on what all the sites are willing to pay for it. I can trade it (and save adjusted taxes or the cost of selling it myself) or not. The consumer / buyer always has the upper hand in all purchases. With that attitude i always get a fair deal.

Think of this - a year ago your used car was worth “ x dollars “ today it is worth more money. Is that an adjusted market value. Buy low and sell high it is the American way.

Last edited:
Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In 2004 I bought a new F150 XLT triton. At that time I said it would probably be my last truck.I would keep it til I die. It has been a good reliable truck(poor gas mileage).Well along came the high gas prices and Ford comes out with this Maverick Hybrid. I take the bait and decide to purchase another new truck before I die, I am 75. I run the numbers and figure I can afford an XLT with co-pilot 360, Full size spare and trailer hitch. I ordered it in October. Now I am wondering if maybe the 2004 will be my last truck before I die? Will I live long enough to see my 2022 Maverick?:confused:
Put me in your will, I get the Maverick!!! ....I will be 72 this summer, just a youngster! :giggle:

Maverickrider

First Name
Dillan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Well, they have to say that, but fact is that Ford and top Ford brass haven't made profits like this thanks to the "insert XYZ shortage" in decades.

High production low-profit price wars with other manufacturers was a far less profitable business model than the current low production high-profit one, and they aren't going to be working hard to "fix" things back to the way they were when they had to hire more workers and give you huge discounts off MSRP to move the inventory. This isn't really a surprise, as other industries have been caught and heavily fined for intentionally reducing productivity with secret collusion in the past (LCDs suddenly became so much cheaper for example because the three companies that manufactured almost all of them were convicted of price fixing and intentionally keeping production low), so while they may not have manufactured this crisis with a conspiracy, they sure as heck will be happy to keep things like this as long as possible.

Here's a graphic from C&D showing how consumers are suffering:
Capture.JPG
Agreed they have no reason to increase production when demand is so high. I see this continuing for at least 2 years

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed they have no reason to increase production when demand is so high. I see this continuing for at least 2 years
This does not necessarily give a true picture. You also have to look at the percentage of cost of a vehicle to income in a given period to tell if and how much a consumer is being hurt.

slooose42

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra 5.7 4wheel drive
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put me in your will, I get the Maverick!!! ....I will be 72 this summer, just a youngster! :giggle:
79 here, was wondering also............but just got email today that truck has shipped. Ordered in June '21. So if I can stay alive for a couple more weeks I got it made.😅
Sponsored