Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah I was just looking at them. They’re 10$ each and you can get amber, clear, or black. The lenses are also replaceable on these and you can switch up the beam pattern and color.
[/I was thinking one clear lens that would fit over both of them
Ford Maverick Fog lights installed! 1675734182017
Ford Maverick Fog lights installed! 1675733852651
Sponsored

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to try one more time. I'm looking to install grill-mounted fog lights on my hybrid. I'll be mounting a relay and running the Nilight wiring harness to a dash mounted rocker switch. Do I have an alternative to drawing power from the interior fuse panel? Is there a constant power source under the hybrid's hood that won't screw with any sensors?

Last edited:

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally got my switches done. I used a Cali raised dual light bar switch meant for Toyotas. The switch is only rated to 3 amps so I used relays. I had to remove the screen to get the wires into the cubby which was a bit unnerving but it’s not that hard. You have to pull on it pretty hard and I ended up breaking a few of the clips. Found a YouTube video by the channel Gear Experiments which shows how to do this. I ran the wires in through the grommet on the drivers side firewall, under the center console, up behind the glove box and to the cubby. Removing the glove box makes this easier. I made the carbon fiber face plate and used epoxy resin meant for table tops as the top coat.

Switches: https://caliraisedled.com/products/dual-function-toyota-oem-style-amber-white-switch-small-style

YouTube video:

19369B25-9AB6-4D00-A90A-D1D65DCBBBF6.jpeg

910A4DE3-7D22-40DC-B2E4-21B9A02744BE.jpeg

09B80CD1-FDF1-466F-B3F2-8907812B18E8.jpeg

switch wiring
CDBA83F9-C18A-47AD-99EF-5BC778DFE6C7.jpeg

Relays
6268FBE7-9A48-4F80-BE11-57C7364206D0.jpeg
Great info. Thanks for the follow-up with pictures.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct I’m using the jjc brackets. I usually just run the yellows. I have the whites aimed higher, about the level of the high beams. They’ll definitely blind other drivers so I don’t run them if there are any other cars around.
Could the whites be wired to the auto high beam sensor/switch?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You could just buy the f150 switch and enable the fog lamps with forscan.
So the answer is no, yours cannot be wired to respond with the high-low high beam switching.

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So the answer is no, yours cannot be wired to respond with the high-low high beam switching.
Yes with oem parts idk how he wired his . The fog lamp your always go to turn the switch on. But they will work automatically with the auto feature yes. Also will turn off if you turn the high beams off . The auto high beam will turn the fog lights off and on automatically too. Idk if i make sense.

OP
OP
Dodeboost

Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could the whites be wired to the auto high beam sensor/switch?
My fog light wiring is completely separate from the factory headlight wiring. I’m pulling power from the battery and using relays to 2 separate switches, one for white and one for amber. You might be able to tap into the high beam power wire and use that to trigger a relay to turn on the white lights. I didn’t want to mess with the factory wiring so I kept it all separate. Or as vtec said use a f150 switch.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My fog light wiring is completely separate from the factory headlight wiring. I’m pulling power from the battery and using relays to 2 separate switches, one for white and one for amber. You might be able to tap into the high beam power wire and use that to trigger a relay to turn on the white lights. I didn’t want to mess with the factory wiring so I kept it all separate. Or as vtec said use a f150 switch.
I understand the f 150 solution. My question could your switch be wired to work in unison with factory. I now realize that a sensor relay on the high beam + wire would work fine and could have a "cubby switch" to activate or not activate the unison switching. I think a diy wire harness to allow quite a few switches in the dash cubby could be preinstalled!

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you didn't see my other photo his is what I did to the instrument switch
20220511_080756.jpg
How did you remove the headlight switch panel? I'm considering installing a switch in that blank spot on the right too.

OP
OP
Dodeboost

Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand the f 150 solution. My question could your switch be wired to work in unison with factory. I now realize that a sensor relay on the high beam + wire would work fine and could have a "cubby switch" to activate or not activate the unison switching. I think a diy wire harness to allow quite a few switches in the dash cubby could be preinstalled!
I agree, pre wired dash cubby switch panel should be a factory option. They’d probably sell a ton of them!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree, pre wired dash cubby switch panel should be a factory option. They’d probably sell a ton of them!
I could use 8 just for garage doors and gates plus one for each drive mode

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I agree with this. Most should simply wire the fogs up completely separately using a separate switch that gets it power from a tapped circuit that only has power when the ignition has power. The switch has a led that lights when it is switched on and provides 12v to pick a relay that provides the full power to the fogs via a separate fused power connection rated high enough for the amperage. When the ignition is on and the switch is on the fogs are on regardless of the high, low or parking lights. If you forget to turn them off the fogs will go off if the car has no ignition power. Mount the switch down below flush in the plastic next to the brake controller area.

Ford Maverick Fog lights installed! fog-switch

Ford Maverick Fog lights installed! fog-switch
Sponsored