First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're correct. I check Roadmaster's site a few days ago and they are still advertising for a donor to design the baseplate.
They haven’t updated the website, but mine is scheduled for prototype on 1/31, and my Maverick is the second of two they will use (the first is already done). For a tow bar I will be using the Ready Brute Elite II. This towbar has a built in surge brake that attaches by cable through the firewall and mechanically pulls you brake pedal. No traditional aux braking system, it literally saves a minimum of $1,500 when you add install costs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They haven’t updated the website, but mine is scheduled for prototype on 1/31, and my Maverick is the second of two they will use (the first is already done). For a tow bar I will be using the Ready Brute Elite II. This towbar has a built in surge brake that attaches by cable through the firewall and mechanically pulls you brake pedal. No traditional aux braking system, it literally saves a minimum of $1,500 when you add install costs.
That's good news. Thanks for updating me. I also have the Ready Brake system from NSA. I liked the simplicity of having a comprehensive system. Used it to tow my 2018 Chevy Colorado 4WD until it caught fire and exploded while parked in my driveway. I wasn't keen on buying another Colorado, so I looked into the Maverick, liked it and bought it. Awaiting fuel tank recall to be completed.

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Camping World gave me a rough estimate of $1,500 to $1,600 to install the base plate and necessary hardware. UGH, anyone got a better recommendation?

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Camping World gave me a rough estimate of $1,500 to $1,600 to install the base plate and necessary hardware. UGH, anyone got a better recommendation?
The folks at etrailer.com are famous for their DIY videos. Once the base plate manufacturers get their Maverick products to etrailer look for an how-to-install video. I used their video to install a Roadmaster base plate on my Chevy Colorado. Moderate level of difficulty and several hours over a couple of days, but all went smoothly. Obviously, I don't know how difficult it might be with the Maverick, but definitely worth a peek.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The folks at etrailer.com are famous for their DIY videos. Once the base plate manufacturers get their Maverick products to etrailer look for an how-to-install video. I used their video to install a Roadmaster base plate on my Chevy Colorado. Moderate level of difficulty and several hours over a couple of days, but all went smoothly. Obviously, I don't know how difficult it might be with the Maverick, but definitely worth a peek.
I saw a video (not sure but think it was install base plate on a hybrid escape) had to remove front bumper cover and active radiator shutters and much more to get to bolt hole access points and if I remember right was estimated 5-6 hour install. I will see if I can find a link to it!

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's good news. Thanks for updating me. I also have the Ready Brake system from NSA. I liked the simplicity of having a comprehensive system. Used it to tow my 2018 Chevy Colorado 4WD until it caught fire and exploded while parked in my driveway. I wasn't keen on buying another Colorado, so I looked into the Maverick, liked it and bought it. Awaiting fuel tank recall to be completed.
Ironic that the Maverick has a fuel tank recall. :)

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw a video (not sure but think it was install base plate on a hybrid escape) had to remove front bumper cover and active radiator shutters and much more to get to bolt hole access points and if I remember right was estimated 5-6 hour install. I will see if I can find a link to it!
That sounds about right. I had to remove the entire front end body section of my Colorado as well as partially disassembling the front wheel well covers. Like I said, moderate level of difficulty ... not easy, but it can be done. Always helps if you have a buddy to assist. Keep in mind I know for sure as of this writing that Roadmaster has not yet finalized their base plate, so I'd be surprised if you found a video for their Maverick base plate.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ironic that the Maverick has a fuel tank recall. :)
Oh, yeah. That did not escape me! Initially, I just wanted another Colorado (attachment issues?), but the Maverick made much more sense, plus fully equipped about $12-15k cheaper. Add to that riding around in the truck that randomly caught fire and exploded would be somewhat disturbing, right?

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyplace other than Camp World

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I posted a new thread for this as my truck was the second and final truck in Roadmaster’s prototype process, and it was completed on 2/4/22. New pics of the actual production version. Search titles for:
Ready to flat tow your Maverick hybrid behind your motorhome?

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I posted a new thread for this as my truck was the second and final truck in Roadmaster’s prototype process, and it was completed on 2/4/22. New pics of the actual production version. Search titles for:
Ready to flat tow your Maverick hybrid behind your motorhome?
Good news. Thanks for the update.
Sponsored