Sponsored

FL-400S oil filter. Better for the 2.0l Ecoboost?

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Be careful where you buy your motorcraft oil filters from. Amazon has been selling fakes made in China.

Ford | Global Brand Protection (fordbrandprotection.com)
Where these sold directly from Amazon.com or "fulfilled by Amazon" from another company? There is a big difference as it is much harder for them to control fakes from other companies...and I always make sure its directly from Amazon.com on car parts and anything else that might be counterfeit.
Sponsored

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Both from my understanding. Ive looked at a few today and in the description some say made in USA while others say made in China.

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen some videos of Fram filters being taken apart and finding the insides already rusting and made with really low quality materials, yah, don't use Fram guys, lol. They are great at marketing and that's it.
I've seen those videos too. Personally I've been using Napa Gold filters in my 300k 2001 Toyota 4runner and 2010 Escalade EXT. I've had no issues. Although I change my oil every 3k miles with Mobile1.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where these sold directly from Amazon.com or "fulfilled by Amazon" from another company? There is a big difference as it is much harder for them to control fakes from other companies...and I always make sure its directly from Amazon.com on car parts and anything else that might be counterfeit.
Plenty of instances of people getting counterfeit parts directly from Amazon, just search youtube and other forums. Why risk your engine to save a couple of dollars? Just go to the dealership or a reputable parts store.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen those videos too. Personally I've been using Napa Gold filters in my 300k 2001 Toyota 4runner and 2010 Escalade EXT. I've had no issues. Although I change my oil every 3k miles with Mobile1.
😲

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question about the relief valve. OP states pressure of 14 and 20 psi. The few cars I have owned that had oil pressure gages the pressure was much higher. Maybe 20 at idle but well over 60 when driving. Does this mean it constantly bypasses?

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Plenty of instances of people getting counterfeit parts directly from Amazon, just search youtube and other forums. Why risk your engine to save a couple of dollars? Just go to the dealership or a reputable parts store.
Ive not seen anyone verify Amazon.com Services LLC sells counterfeit parts, so I'd like to see an example you have. Not talking about some 3rd party reseller on Amazon. Here is a video that says they are legit.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ive not seen anyone verify Amazon.com Services LLC sells counterfeit parts, so I'd like to see an example you have. Not talking about some 3rd party reseller on Amazon. Here is a video that says they are legit.

Inventory commingling. Products Fulfilled by Amazon from 3rd party merchants are stored in the same bin as products Amazon sources directly. When you order from any eligible seller, an item is picked from that bin at random. So, not only do you have the risk of Amazon procuring counterfeit goods, but even if you order from "Ships and sold by Amazon", you might actually get a 3rd party's counterfeit product.

They may or may not have done enough to combat this in recent years with various verification requirements to ensure that 3rd parties sending in product for commingling are authorized resellers of that brand and buy from legit sources. Used to be that there were apparently minimal if any checks in place.

Plus, not all products sourced from Amazon are fulfilled by Amazon; some ship directly from the merchant. There, Amazon really has little insight into what's being sent to you.

That said, I have purchased Motorcraft parts (engine and cabin air filters, wiper blades, TPMS sensors..) from Amazon (ships and sold by) before and so far haven't noticed any obvious counterfeits.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question about the relief valve. OP states pressure of 14 and 20 psi. The few cars I have owned that had oil pressure gages the pressure was much higher. Maybe 20 at idle but well over 60 when driving. Does this mean it constantly bypasses?
No, the filter goes into bypass when the pressure differential between the input and output is exceeded. The valve sees the filter restriction an returns oil directly to the engine.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ah, Sorry man used to know this stuff. I am slipping.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Another topic that has been beaten to death. Use what the owner manual specifies. On the other hand, nothing wrong with using another quality filter brand.

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on personal experience, I don't understand the hate on FRAM filters. I used the ULTRA XG on my previous vehicle and that got 465k miles when I got rid of it. I use the FL910s on my Mav but thought about using the FRAM XG. The thing is, FRAM XG is actually more expensive than OEM.

supertiger

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Civic
Engine
Undecided
I use Motorcraft filters on all my Fords. I don’t want any flow issues from going to a filter media with super tight orifice sizes.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Inventory commingling. Products Fulfilled by Amazon from 3rd party merchants are stored in the same bin as products Amazon sources directly. When you order from any eligible seller, an item is picked from that bin at random. So, not only do you have the risk of Amazon procuring counterfeit goods, but even if you order from "Ships and sold by Amazon", you might actually get a 3rd party's counterfeit product.

They may or may not have done enough to combat this in recent years with various verification requirements to ensure that 3rd parties sending in product for commingling are authorized resellers of that brand and buy from legit sources. Used to be that there were apparently minimal if any checks in place.

Plus, not all products sourced from Amazon are fulfilled by Amazon; some ship directly from the merchant. There, Amazon really has little insight into what's being sent to you.

That said, I have purchased Motorcraft parts (engine and cabin air filters, wiper blades, TPMS sensors..) from Amazon (ships and sold by) before and so far haven't noticed any obvious counterfeits.
I'm in the Amazon business. The easiest way to tell if a product has been commingled is to check the barcode. If it is UPC barcode there's a chance it has been commingled. If you see Amazon barcodes that start with X generally speaking they can be traced back to the seller. If you only see Amazon or the brand selling the product it means the item is gated so it can't be sold by some random seller. They would need to get authorization first. Most brands now have companies patrolling their brands and if a seller is not a known seller they will be asked to verify themselves or risk getting their account shut down which is a big deal. There are also verification stickers for Amazon brand registry which let's you know it is legit. Works like a serial number.
Sponsored