Sponsored

Fixed-Point Roof Racks (Yakima Landing Pads, Rails, etc.)

Drew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Transit Prius Honda Yamaha Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The best option I have seen is to rivet nut through the roof inside the moulding. Take out the door seal and bend down the headliner enough so you can see where the cross beams are so you drill through two layers of steel and maybe even get a nut under there. I used landing pads placed without regard to the beams. It could stand to be a little sturdier.
Great job Delbert! Any followup on how it’s working, things you’d do to improve it if you were to do it again?

I’d love to do something aerodynamic & gasketed like these (below) with a bedrack matching the same height (like you did) for carrying 4x8 sheets of plywood, drywall, & long lengths of lumber.

Thanks,
Drew
Ford Maverick Fixed-Point Roof Racks (Yakima Landing Pads, Rails, etc.) 7D4511F2-E679-4DEB-AD44-53132FFF72E1
Ford Maverick Fixed-Point Roof Racks (Yakima Landing Pads, Rails, etc.) CC6E60A8-3F1E-421E-B6D2-8603C3E07031
Sponsored

Last edited:

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First I have seen that rack. It is attractive.

I'd start with a t-track mounted to the roof if I had it to do over. The rack could be tied to the track or you could change it out sometime later without drilling new holes in the roof. I hauled around a 16 foot kayak all summer with no problems. It also came in handy to haul 12 foot sections of material. I left my work f150 at the office and used the Maverick.

I don't think hauling sheet goods on the roof rack will ever be a good idea. That's why they made the tailgate system.

Last edited:

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I assume you are referring to the Track or Rails and NOT the assorted Roof Rack items / options. So, what I paid (not including military discount):
1. Yakima 42" Yakima Track w/ plusnuts (201126) = $168.95
2. Track System Installation = $300.00

BYW, installation meant putting everything together (out of the boxes), aligned and leveled on the truck (Landing Pads, Skyline, JetStream, SKS Cores, & LongArm). Complete and ready to drive off.

I would add that as confident as I am in my DIY'ing abilities I didn't have a problem paying to have this professionally installed. I say this primarily b/c I have ZERO experience in this type of critical install.
I just got a quote to do this job from RackAttack in Canada. I was kind of sticker shocked when I saw the quote. I don't have for the price you paid to have this job done, even if it was a 100 more. I'll have to get back with them have them explain each line item.

More to come on this from me and I don't really need this done until spring.

Attachments

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got a quote to do this job from RackAttack in Canada. I was kind of sticker shocked when I saw the quote. I don't have for the price you paid to have this job done, even if it was a 100 more. I'll have to get back with them have them explain each line item.

YIKES $$$$$$ If I get my ordered Mav I am just using my Yakima clip on type round cross bars . All I need is a new clip kit to transfer from other car I have now for about 120 bucks. I cant see spending 1700 for cross bars. Granted much nicer setup than the clip on but holy cow $$$.

My plan is to first try ONE cross bar up front on roof and use the trailer hitch with one of those ladder extenders for the rear cross bar see how that works. If that isn't stable enough I will just use two cross bars on roof like I do with past cars/suv's. I will haul kayaks 12 to 18 feet long. If money was no issue then sure I would do what you have planned.

Good luck.

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
YIKES $$$$$$ If I get my ordered Mav I am just using my Yakima clip on type round cross bars . All I need is a new clip kit to transfer from other car I have now for about 120 bucks. I cant see spending 1700 for cross bars. Granted much nicer setup than the clip on but holy cow $$$.

My plan is to first try ONE cross bar up front on roof and use the trailer hitch with one of those ladder extenders for the rear cross bar see how that works. If that isn't stable enough I will just use two cross bars on roof like I do with past cars/suv's. I will haul kayaks 12 to 18 feet long. If money was no issue then sure I would do what you have planned.

Good luck.
No, I have no intentions of spending that kind of money! 500 max in Canadian dollars and not a penny more. Also, this is in Canada and the exchange rate is about 30% (1 US dollar = 1.30 Canadian). There are a lot of things in that quote are questionable / don't need.

Sponsored

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FE Rapid Red 2.5L Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi Bear, my Rack Attack shop has a price match policy &/or a military discount... check with yours. Since you have the time check with others in your area and get quotes; especially now during sales time. The only problem is you might have to purchase earlier than you want to get best price. I've provided what I paid as reference / comparison, but understandably economic inflation and supply chain issues have impacted the price of everything. Also understand that Yakima has had inventory problems for some time now. Keep updating, would luv to know how this works out for you!

Ford Maverick Fixed-Point Roof Racks (Yakima Landing Pads, Rails, etc.) Rack Attack cost.JPG

Ford Maverick Fixed-Point Roof Racks (Yakima Landing Pads, Rails, etc.) Rack Attack cost.JPG

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi Bear, my Rack Attack shop has a price match policy &/or a military discount... check with yours. Since you have the time check with others in your area and get quotes; especially now during sales time. The only problem is you might have to purchase earlier than you want to get best price. I've provided what I paid as reference / comparison, but understandably economic inflation and supply chain issues have impacted the price of everything. Also understand that Yakima has had inventory problems for some time now. Keep updating, would luv to know how this works out for you!

Rack Attack cost.JPG

Rack Attack cost.JPG
Sorry, don't know why it came out twice..

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, don't know why it came out twice..
Haha, no worries! Sometimes things are worth repeating twice!

Yep, they have 2 other Rack Attack in the Toronto area that I will contact. Also, I may contact the Chicago Rack Attack as well.

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
YIKES $$$$$$ If I get my ordered Mav I am just using my Yakima clip on type round cross bars . All I need is a new clip kit to transfer from other car I have now for about 120 bucks. ....
I have the old Q Towers that they stopped making new clips for about 6 years ago. Know which old clips you fit the Maverick?

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Haha, no worries! Sometimes things are worth repeating twice!

Yep, they have 2 other Rack Attack in the Toronto area that I will contact. Also, I may contact the Chicago Rack Attack as well.
Remember don't limit yourself to just R.A. price match Amazon, as well as Real Truck and others. Although, I don't think Real Truck carries Yakima.

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the old Q Towers that they stopped making new clips for about 6 years ago. Know which old clips you fit the Maverick?
I have the Yakima BaseLine Towers which they sell the clip kit for the maverick,. I doubt they have one for the old Q towers. sorry. You would have to get the newer Baseline towers too.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look at steel bed racks on ebay. They are more customizable than you might think, and the price is right.​

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First I have seen that rack. It is attractive.

I'd start with a t-track mounted to the roof if I had it to do over. The rack could be tied to the track or you could change it out sometime later without drilling new holes in the roof. I hauled around a 16 foot kayak all summer with no problems. It also came in handy to haul 12 foot sections of material. I left my work f150 at the office and used the Maverick.

I don't think hauling sheet goods on the roof rack will ever be a good idea. That's why they made the tailgate system.
Although I don't disagree that roof rack transport of sheet goods isn't the best way, it certainly can be a viable option as long as you are smart about securing it safely and aware of weight limits so you don't turn your load into a projectile if there's an accident. If the impact is violent enough that may be the least of your problems. I built an entire detached garage a few years ago with my 2003 Honda Accord with a Yakima roof rack. Honestly loading the roof rack was easier in some ways than loading the truck bed with just 1 to 3 sheets. But I definitely prefer the bed for various reasons. Anyway, just my personal anecdote -- roof rack options have been a blessing to me in the past.
Sponsored