Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So we went out for breakfast this AM and a few minutes after we parked this old guy (FL driver, probably close to 90) backs into the spot next to mine. Well, tried to. Argh. I flagged down some police officers that were also coming in for breakfast and they helped find the driver in the restuarant and we all went outside to have a look. At first the guy tried to suggest that he was parked there first but no one was buying that. Sadly I think he was just confused and embarrassed. His daughter was with him and we exchanged insurance info but thankfully there was no need -- the Mav took it like a champ and there was no damage, not even a scratch or scuff. Really mixed feelings about all this. At first I was pissed, but I know it was an accident and in the end no harm done. We'll all be old someday; I guess we need to keep perspective on things.

Ford Maverick First Parking Kiss... argh IMG_0775

Ford Maverick First Parking Kiss... argh IMG_0778

Ford Maverick First Parking Kiss... argh IMG_0780

Ford Maverick First Parking Kiss... argh IMG_0782

Ford Maverick First Parking Kiss... argh IMG_0781
Sponsored

OP
OP
BuddyS

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks like the poor parking job of that white SUV might have had something to do with it. Guy was likely so worried about hitting it, that he hit your Maverick.
Good point.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
braille parking
glad your truck shrugged it off

Sponsored

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And everyone just pretends stuff like this is no big deal and 90 year olds should be able to keep driving. I guess in Florida that would cut it down to half the population though. This entitled old man got out of his car and went to eat breakfast completely oblivious to the fact he hit someone else's car and parked on a 45 degree angle in a parking space. Then had to nerve to lie about it even with cops present. Was his daughter riding with him?

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was his daughter riding with him?
Bet the daughter was in the passenger seat and had a clear view of what happened when she got out. Surprised she did not door ding the Maverick as well with that weird parking angle. She had to get out into a "trapped triangle" behind her door and the Maverick side panels. Then back up into the smaller and smaller wedge to close her door to get out of the gap. She knew.......

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This reminds me of one funny night with my old Ranger. We had a dinner party, and our 80+ neighbor was backing her sedan out. I watched from my office window as she backed into my Ranger at a surprisingly high speed for a driveway and knocked the Ranger 5 feet to the side in the loose gravel. The Ranger, which was 10 years old and covered with scratches and dings from a hard life, laughed it off. I just told her to chill and have a good night.

Hot pepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So we went out for breakfast this AM and a few minutes after we parked this old guy (FL driver, probably close to 90) backs into the spot next to mine. Well, tried to. Argh. I flagged down some police officers that were also coming in for breakfast and they helped find the driver in the restuarant and we all went outside to have a look. At first the guy tried to suggest that he was parked there first but no one was buying that. Sadly I think he was just confused and embarrassed. His daughter was with him and we exchanged insurance info but thankfully there was no need -- the Mav took it like a champ and there was no damage, not even a scratch or scuff. Really mixed feelings about all this. At first I was pissed, but I know it was an accident and in the end no harm done. We'll all be old someday; I guess we need to keep perspective on things.

IMG_0775.jpeg

IMG_0778.jpeg

IMG_0780.jpeg

IMG_0782.jpeg

IMG_0781.jpeg
I'm glad she didn't get damaged!

Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Somebody "kissed" the driver side of my Mav the other day right over the rear wheel. Got some of their paint off but some deep scratches remain. Unsurprisingly, the culprit neither remained at the scene or left a note.
It was a sad day.

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_0775.jpeg

IMG_0778.jpeg

IMG_0780.jpeg

IMG_0782.jpeg

IMG_0781.jpeg
This would make a good advertisement for Buick.
(Sad really, as Buick once was big in the muscle era, before the "old person's vehicle" labele stuck.)
"See how well the Buick holds up, crashing into a mighty Maverick!"
It's a good thing that it was the Maverick and not a Tesla. (Seeing any Maverick hurt sucks!) 😀

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's like when I park with no one around and an old person then parks right next to me in a big old boat of a car.... I don't get it..

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really mixed feelings about all this. At first I was pissed, but I know it was an accident and in the end no harm done. We'll all be old someday; I guess we need to keep perspective on things.
Well done for keeping things in perspective - which is something that doesn't feel very common nowadays. Sorry it happened to your truck.

I will add, however, that the old gentleman's family needs to be responsible and know when the license needs to be taken away. Don't have enough facts to know if that's the case here.

OP
OP
BuddyS

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If there's a plus side to all this, now my wife (who was with me for all this excitement this AM) won't give me grief next time I park waaaaay out in the parking lot. She gets it now.
Sponsored