Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What did the oil look like?
Looked pretty good, but oil is hard to judge by looking nowadays. No fuel smell and nothing on the drain plug. The next change I’ll do early - in 5k miles - and send a sample to Blackstone to see how it tests. I’d like to see what they think it can do.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was curious, does the computer tell you how many miles are on the ICE and is that the number you go by? Or is it just the odometer you are going by?

PaulJr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone gotten a Fumoto drain valve yet? If so which one?

Sponsored

slooose42

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra 5.7 4wheel drive
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put right over 3k on my Maverick since picking her up in mid January, and, with the smaller factory filter thought I'd go ahead and change it a little early. Procedure is straight forward, even with the bajillion T27 fasteners you need to remove to take the splash shield down. Threw on a Motorcraft FL910S and filled her up with 5.5 qts of Valvoline 0W-20. All in all pretty productive morning and even got to put my new DeWalt 3/8 socket set from Costco to work. Definitely didn't need it, but a great buy at $20 and takes up less space then my Husky that I kept behind the backseat.

IMG_4044.JPG
IMG_4046.JPG
IMG_4047.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG
Was there a pan over the oil filter? I was under the impression that there was a pan, with several bolts, that had to be removed before you could get to the oil filter.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious with a hybrid how often do you really need to change the oil if you're doing a lot of City driving.
Every 10k miles. Just like if you drive on highways. Still every 10k. Any smaller number is a taxable donation to whoever owns the brand of oil you purchased.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, synthetic mix vs full synthetic on a Maverick hybrid...pros and cons? What did it arrive with?

Sponsored

Kameron512

First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick lariat hybrid lux cp360
Mobil will be going into mine. Been using nothing but Mobil for 25+ years and it has never failed. Seems easy to get to. I wonder if my oil extractor will reach the pan.?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was curious, does the computer tell you how many miles are on the ICE and is that the number you go by? Or is it just the odometer you are going by?
I have driven 933 miles on my Hybrid Maverick that I have had since 12/13. 800+ miles have been city driving short trips.

The FordPass App on my phone shows my oil life at 82% with about 2400 more miles until it need to be changed or December 2022 whichever comes first.

So the answer is use the FordPass App to see your oil-life details.

TMAC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick & 94 Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Internal combustion engines require oil changes at least once a year no matter how many miles you drive. Acids and other combustion byproducts contaminate the oil and start destroying the engine from the inside out.
Especially if the engine doesn't reach operating temperature by going to the local market.
Can ANYONE show PROOF that a motor failed due to lack of oil changes ? In fact an article by one major university, ran one Taxi out of 101 taxis, (NEVER CHANGED THE OIL)( 50 ran on fossil oil, 50 on synthetic) for 100,000 miles only changing the filter and found no significant metallic particulates or wear on ANY of the 101.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can ANYONE show PROOF that a motor failed due to lack of oil changes ? In fact an article by one major university, ran one Taxi out of 101 taxis, (NEVER CHANGED THE OIL)( 50 ran on fossil oil, 50 on synthetic) for 100,000 miles only changing the filter and found no significant metallic particulates or wear on ANY of the 101.
Legit observation. Obviously, lack of oil could be interesting, but do synthetic oils deteriorate at all? I follow the manufacturer's guidance when it comes to oil and tire rotations, but is changing synthetic oil important? I don't know.

cormiermc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
mine is a ecoboost fx4, my splashsheild is a steel skidplate. i think when i'ill get there i will cut and fabricate a trap with an hinge. a little more work that will save a lot of time in the future
Sponsored