First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey, K9rasco! I would like to like to into this issue you’re experiencing with your Maverick. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
If you haven't done this do it. When I had a problem they were great and it ended with my truck fully repaired (mine was a bad seal on wire harness that let water in) and a free extended service and maintenance plus they can speed up the process.

The Ford Rep reached out on here for mine that's how they knew there was an issue to help with

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you haven't done this do it. When I had a problem they were great and it ended with my truck fully repaired (mine was a bad seal on wire harness that let water in) and a free extended service and maintenance plus they can speed up the process.

The Ford Rep reached out on here for mine that's how they knew there was an issue to help with
I wish I had known this before my truck sat at the dealer for over a month because they couldn't find another exhaust clamp they broke while replacing the PTU.

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Started about a week ago, I was driving and it felt like I bumped the car into neutral, just started revving high. I stopped in a parking lot and shut the car off and restarted it and it seemed fine for a little bit. Fast forward a couple days and the first three gears were a little jumpy. This morning I was heading to work going about 40 miles an hour and there was a large thump, which sounded like plastic breaking and grinding. It immediately threw a check engine light. I coasted into a parking lot. I shut it down, restarted it and drove it to the dealership. Every time I began accelerating after a light change, it would rev up to about 4000-4500 rpm before it would start rolling.
Please keep us posted!

Mine started doing something similar just two days ago. At first noticed it when I tried to reverse out of my garage and the truck was acting like I was simply in neutral. Later that day and today, sometimes at stop lights, when I step on the accelerator, there is a strange delay, where its almost as if im not stepping on it at all (3-5 seconds), before it finally kicks in and starts moving very slow. The engine then revs high, in a way that is disproportionate to the actual movement of the vehicle. Again, as if it had momentarily slipped into neutral.

There have been loud grinding noises. There have also been times when the engine sounds like its revved up to 2-3k but the rpms simply read as if its idling normally.

Since I cant seem to recreate it on demand, I think im stuck waiting for it to just go bust or get worst, before I can take it to the dealer.

I have had mine since october and it only has 1,400 miles.

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey, K9rasco! I would like to like to into this issue you’re experiencing with your Maverick. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
Hey Ford good job stepping up to help this kid. It's great that you monitor the club. Nice to know you're taking notes. Here's one for you, ensure that when the dealers release the Maverick they remember to take the tire pressures down to 35 from 45 psi. My wife has been getting 21 MPG on her Maverick with mostly highway driving, yesterday I checked the pressures on my Ford Pass, 45 psi all of them and she's put over2,500 miles on it. So that could have caused a blow out at that level. So today she drove with the proper tire pressure and we'll do a MPG check again soon and you know that 21 MPG is, basically, unacceptable. We're Ford people and this was a present from me, I replaced her 2nd Fiesta SE and I'm driving my 3rd F-150 and our 10th new Ford product . Thank you

Sponsored

Deleted member 7762

Will do! Service advisor at the dealership asked if he could test drive it to see if he could duplicate the issue. He drove it through the exit door, and right back into the shop. He got out of the truck and said, yup, that's messed up.

He said it's the first Maverick in the shop.
Mine has been In The shop 3 times
1st time exhaust sensor was corroded
2nd time transmission jumping in out of gear the sensor had water in it
3rd time fault with charging system, there were connectors corroded in the front bumper. Not super happy

OP
OP
k9rasco

k9rasco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please keep us posted!

Mine started doing something similar just two days ago. At first noticed it when I tried to reverse out of my garage and the truck was acting like I was simply in neutral. Later that day and today, sometimes at stop lights, when I step on the accelerator, there is a strange delay, where its almost as if im not stepping on it at all (3-5 seconds), before it finally kicks in and starts moving very slow. The engine then revs high, in a way that is disproportionate to the actual movement of the vehicle. Again, as if it had momentarily slipped into neutral.

There have been loud grinding noises. There have also been times when the engine sounds like its revved up to 2-3k but the rpms simply read as if its idling normally.

Since I cant seem to recreate it on demand, I think im stuck waiting for it to just go bust or get worst, before I can take it to the dealer.

I have had mine since october and it only has 1,400 miles.
Sounds like what mine was doing. Be careful pulling out in front of traffic.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
3rd time fault with charging system, there were connectors corroded in the front bumper. Not super happy
Ive been documenting MTC Maverick issues from day 1. As far as I know you’re the first to mention corrosion and water in sensors. Did they find a massive water leak from the hood to the engine bay?

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because he pulled over, shut the truck off and after it was restarted, it was fine for a bit (restarts would reset the computer). It sounds like it could be the solenoid -- simple fix, may just need new solenoid. Dodge and Chrysler are infamous for that problem. Really interested in what the dealer finds.

Solenoids act as gates to control the flow of transmission fluid and thus enable the transmission to switch from gear to gear. They do this in response to electric signals sent to them by the transmission computer.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Rickus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Chevy LUV Truck, Can Am Spyder RT & F3S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems water proofing is lacking.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems water proofing is lacking.
Yea, I had one weird time when I went through a car wash, drove home. Shut the truck off and it turned itself back on after I took the key out of the ignition... I've put on 3k miles since then and hasn't happened again.

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I assume our trucks use the 8F35 transmission? If so, found this little tech article if you want to know more about our trnasmissions.

Ford's New 8-Speed

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Yea, I had one weird time when I went through a car wash, drove home. Shut the truck off and it turned itself back on after I took the key out of the ignition... I've put on 3k miles since then and hasn't happened again.
That would have scared the hell out of me!
Sponsored