First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While I don’t have a SO to deal with, I have my folks to deal with! But, I went through them first, about me getting a new truck. They said It’s my money, do what makes ME happy.
Mom says it’ll be strange going out to garage, and there’s a different style/color truck in there!
Sponsored

Ratbones2002

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I currently drive an F150 and I'll be selling that to buy the Maverick hybrid. My wife says men shouldn't be driving a small truck like the Maverick. I'm still going to get it. I need a truck and the 40 mpg will be great as my daily driver. She's ok with me getting it but she says she won't drive in it. Lol

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Nope. The Mrs. chooses her vehicle and options she wants that is within budget. I choose my vehicle and options the same way. Been there and done that with trying to sway certain options on her vehicles. “If you do/don’t want that option, buy one yourself”. Pretty simple. Happy wife, happy life. 🤣

fourwheelsandadream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I currently drive an F150 and I'll be selling that to buy the Maverick hybrid. My wife says men shouldn't be driving a small truck like the Maverick. I'm still going to get it. I need a truck and the 40 mpg will be great as my daily driver. She's ok with me getting it but she says she won't drive in it. Lol
Lol this is exactly what mine said "If you're gonna get a truck don't get a bitch of one" were her exact words

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No fighting on cars for us. It is one of the items we dont share. She wanted a green Outback with tan leather. Presto it is in driveway

Truck is all mine. She will direct me on which colors not to chose. IE alto blue, black or silver. Ok with me. Red it is!!!!

Sponsored

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We were perfectly eye-to-eye on the build, except the color. She liked the Area 51, I like the Carbonized Gray.

Not a deal breaker for me, so went with the Area 51. I like it in some photos, and hate it in others. We'll see what it looks like in real life, and regardless, we will drive it. Heck, our previous car was a YELLOW(!) Ford Focus!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
We were perfectly eye-to-eye on the build, except the color. She liked the Area 51, I like the Carbonized Gray.

Not a deal breaker for me, so went with the Area 51. I like it in some photos, and hate it in others. We'll see what it looks like in real life, and regardless, we will drive it. Heck, our previous car was a YELLOW(!) Ford Focus!
Wish I could get a YELLOW Maverick. 😁

Sevesteen

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat Lux, 18 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Before I knew anything about the Maverick, we were trying to figure out how to replace Wife's ancient Ranger with a compact sedan while still getting the little bit of truck stuff done. We had pretty much decided "put a hitch on a Civic" when I saw the Doug Demuro video on the Maverick.
I'm not willing to give up adaptive cruise, but didn't want to spring for Lariat Lux. The solution I came up with is that Wife would get an XLT Maverick since she doesn't care about tech, (my Fit has "too many buttons") and I'd keep driving the Fit. She talked me into getting what I wanted and she'd take the Fit.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife wanted me to get Lux Package on XLT. I opted out to keep price low.

Sponsored

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is not a problem I have with my wife. She does not care about ANY vehicle I owned because she NEVER wants to drive them.

However, she always wants my input, when she is buying hers. I am supported of her decision and that keeps her happy.

If you are sharing a vehicle with your spouse, you should be interested in the option she WANTS. It will make her happy, and that is important in a marriage.
With this attitude you will be married for a long time, great answer.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
hange hybrid to Ecoboost AWD so we could tow more. So to keep in budget I was going to loose Lux.
Yup, having the same disagreement with my SO. Swap Lux package to get AWD+4k Towing to minimize $ difference.

I've now been given the "I want more towing or a different truck". To which I reply:

"What will you be towing that needs 4k?" No real answer except "future proofing".

So Hybrid fans: I may be dumping you :(

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
40 years here, and same answer for me.
48.5 years. We still have separate bank accounts. And separate cars, but we freely switch off cars depending on who needs what - as long as HIS is clean enough to meet my standards. (sort of) LOL.
Sponsored