TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On smaller purchases I usually don't go for these, but I'm seriously considering looking into this when my truck arrives. I'm guessing the salesperson will propose an extended warranty at closing.

How much does an extended warranty cost, or are different "plans" available for purchase? Would you recommend getting one?

Thanks.
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you put in a few details at these links, you can get an idea of the cost. There are multiple dealerships that will cut you a VERY good deal. Flood Ford is one. Granger is another.

https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

Often $50-100 over their wholesale cost. Please look into those other options before you buy it from the dealer you are getting your truck from (who will almost certainly try to take you for MUCH more of a markup).

Please keep in mind that these are the exact same offerings that your local dealer is selling. It does not mater who you purchase from, it is honored and valid at all the same places (every single Ford Dealership Service Department). It is tied to your VIN in the database, not who sold it to you.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Blkraven66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, I got my extended warranty from my dealer (4/2022) . I went for the max package ( I really don't want any issues that might cost , while I'm still paying for it). It cost me $35 bucks a month, free oil changes and fluid checks, and tire rotation every 6000 miles for the life of the loan (84 months) also includes gap plus insurance that will payoff remaining balance if totalled out plus the 4 grand I put down on the truck. $100 deductible on big ticket items ( trans, engine, turbo) all covered for the life of the loan . People might think I'm crazy , but I don't need any problems.

Sponsored

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
roll the dice..."dealer ALWAYS wins" sucks 7 years from now IF all you got was oil changes and tires rotated

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is no need to purchase an ESP at the time you purchase your Maverick.

The vehicle is covered bumper to bumper 3 years or 36k miles (whichever comes first).

Before surpassing one of those milestones, you need to purchase an ESP.

Why not see how the first 2 - 2.5 years go before investing an unnecessary amount up front? Especially if you are financing in these "higher" rate times.

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On smaller purchases I usually don't go for these, but I'm seriously considering looking into this when my truck arrives. I'm guessing the salesperson will propose an extended warranty at closing.

How much does an extended warranty cost, or are different "plans" available for purchase? Would you recommend getting one?

Thanks.
Odd but my dealer did not offer a Ford Plan, instead they tried to sell another extended warranty from a company I wasn't familiar with. Think CarSheild or something like that. I did not opt for it and am waiting to see how the 1st year or two pans out. If the time comes and I opt for it I'm almost positive it will be from Granger of Flood.

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I got my extended warranty from my dealer (4/2022) . I went for the max package ( I really don't want any issues that might cost , while I'm still paying for it). It cost me $35 bucks a month, free oil changes and fluid checks, and tire rotation every 6000 miles for the life of the loan (84 months) also includes gap plus insurance that will payoff remaining balance if totalled out plus the 4 grand I put down on the truck. $100 deductible on big ticket items ( trans, engine, turbo) all covered for the life of the loan . People might think I'm crazy , but I don't need any problems.
$2,940.00?

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I bought the ESP Premium Care. Zero deductible. Covers most everything that isn’t a normal wear item (brake pads, wiper blades etc) includes rental car, key and fob replacement and even light bulbs/fixtures. Good for 10 years or 70,000 miles (I don’t drive very far). ~2k was a great investment.

and, yes, I know that the first 3 of 10 years is already covered so it is really a 7 year warranty- let’s not get nitpicking.

Sponsored

burger_time

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is no need to purchase an ESP at the time you purchase your Maverick.

The vehicle is covered bumper to bumper 3 years or 36k miles (whichever comes first).

Before surpassing one of those milestones, you need to purchase an ESP.

Why not see how the first 2 - 2.5 years go before investing an unnecessary amount up front? Especially if you are financing in these "higher" rate times.
This is my thinking almost exactly. There may be some advantages to buying in now since the costs for these plans are only going to increase. I think the cost to the dealers goes up as of October 1. But there are several variables like selecting coverage based on years and miles. If you don't have a good idea of how long you'll be keeping the Maverick or how many miles you'll be driving you might end up leaving money on the table. Also the long term reliability of the Maverick is a bit of a question mark even though it does have a lot in common with the Escape/Bronco Sport. And then finally there's the gamble of different tiers of plans and what's actually covered with each and deductibles (and how good they are about handling claims). For me, I think I have to wait until closer to the end of the factory warranty to have a better idea of what the right choice will be.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am waiting to get my ESP as I am now approaching two years (15k miles) with my Maverick. SO FAR, ZERO ISSUES! I will be getting a plan, not sure deductible or length at this time. Current vehicles are damn expensive to repair even the "simple" stuff. Back in the day, lol, I never got extended warranties but that was then, this is now so it seems like a good idea. Everybody has their own opinion and mechanical capabilities so it's truly an individual preference.

WildGrok

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you put in a few details at these links, you can get an idea of the cost. There are multiple dealerships that will cut you a VERY good deal. Flood Ford is one. Granger is another.

https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

Often $50-100 over their wholesale cost. Please look into those other options before you buy it from the dealer you are getting your truck from (who will almost certainly try to take you for MUCH more of a markup).

Please keep in mind that these are the exact same offerings that your local dealer is selling. It does not mater who you purchase from, it is honored and valid at all the same places (every single Ford Dealership Service Department). It is tied to your VIN in the database, not who sold it to you.
no good in Florida :-(

joepro

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
currently have order for 2014 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am waiting to get my ESP as I am now approaching two years (15k miles) with my Maverick. SO FAR, ZERO ISSUES! I will be getting a plan, not sure deductible or length at this time. Current vehicles are damn expensive to repair even the "simple" stuff. Back in the day, lol, I never got extended warranties but that was then, this is now so it seems like a good idea. Everybody has their own opinion and mechanical capabilities so it's truly an individual preference.
I'm curious of what you were quoted and what did you buy?
Thank you
Sponsored