First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer and Ford rep says it needs an evap purge valve. I guess that makes sense as for a couple months I saw nearly a 5mpg drop from 27.5~ range to low 22s and apparently that’s a sign.

Shall see what comes of it when I get it back, curious to see if my mpg goes up.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nomadikhan

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still in the shop, Dealer just called that purge valve is done but upon performing smoke test they found a second leak in the charcoal canister! Hah there was just a post about that a week or two ago! I think that guy didn’t have his covered but I am told mine is. So glad I didn’t trade in the Toyota cause I wasn’t offered a rental. Hoping for some better weather to get the Daytona out.

OP
OP
Nomadikhan

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got it back today. Airbag and brake recalls done. Oil change and tire rotation done. Evap purge valve and charcoal canister replaced. Time will tell if my mpg goes back up.

Left without paying a dime, all under warranty. Oil change prepaidduring purchase.

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Glad they got it solved and you had a favorable experience. Seems rare on the internet these days

OP
OP
Nomadikhan

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad they got it solved and you had a favorable experience. Seems rare on the internet these days
I’ll shout out the Ford Rep Account here and Interstate Ford of Miamisburg, Ohio. Between both having excellent service and experience this went a long way to getting it fixed right.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nomadikhan

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd almost forgotten but the Ford account here bought me 9 oil changes and sent me one of those Maverick Yeti bottles in the alto blue color at no charge, was a huge surprise! With the 1 oil change I had remaining I now have 10 total, which will cover the remaining life of my loan.

Thank you so much @Ford Motor Company for being amazing and taking care of us :)

shazel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also just got this check engine light with evap system. Eco 4k fx4 built around 9/22. 12000 miles. I have not noticed an mpg drop yet tho. Will be taking into dealer soon and need to schedule appt.

jmeier216

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2000 miles on ecoboost and P0496 code....thought purge valve would last a little longer.

Vitamin G

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm curious if this issue came back up for you after the dealership replaced the purge valve and canister. I've had both replaced by dealership and my light has come back on.

I believe the dealership is doing what they can but it's definitely frustrating to have a check engine light on when vehicle is low miles. My Maverick only has 35,000 and is 2 years old. I am hoping this next time I bring in they find the problem.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nomadikhan

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It hasn’t, but I only drive it maybe twice a week… basically when I have a load of scrap lumber to get from work lol or projects on the weekend. For reference mine is 18350 miles and I’m closing in on 2 years old now.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I made it to 7719.4 miles and I fired it up just now and got the dreaded evaporative emissions control system error.

Going home to throw Forscan on it and get an actual code but it's the classic EB Evap purge valve and/or cannister.

That's it...total piece of shit! I'm trading it in for a Tacoma!!!!

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know some ppl know this but don’t overfill ur tank. Once the fuel hose pops stop and don’t keep going.
I used to do that and got the evap light and code come up. Diff car buy same issue