First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
22 XLT 2.0 eco w/ awd and 4k tow. Took delivery Dec 2022. No mods all stock as it came. Spray in bed liner factory from Mexico. 12132 miles

Got a check engine light and app notification this morning otw to work for this evaporative emission system saying there is a fault. The app won’t show me the full message about the specific issue, and I was driving so I didn’t get to read the on dash warning fast enough.

I did not get notified for the gas tank recall as I do have the spray in bedliner and when I did the trailer brake control recallmy Ford dealer did not see my vin was affected.

has anyone had this or maybe know more about this ems that can give some insight?

I’m mainly worried it’ll be sitting at my dealer for months waiting on parts and fords how to advice on a fix…

thank you for any help or insight y’all may have :)
Sponsored

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would look around the gas fill area first. Use the provided funnel to open the flap and check the seal for dirt

OP
OP
Nomadikhan

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t see anything around the filler or neck area, nothing leaking and no strong gas odors underneath. That I can tell. I don’t have an obd scantool to read codes or reset and see if it repeats.

Ford dealer gave me April 4th for appt so it’ll sit til then. Am So glad I kept my old daily instead of trading in, one down but two in backup!

I am considering getting one, so will do some research to see why some are 50-60$ ranger and others 10x that.

Wilkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wilkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT in Area51 Rhino Lining GatorTrio
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
22 XLT 2.0 eco w/ awd and 4k tow. Took delivery Dec 2022. No mods all stock as it came. Spray in bed liner factory from Mexico. 12132 miles

Got a check engine light and app notification this morning otw to work for this evaporative emission system saying there is a fault. The app won’t show me the full message about the specific issue, and I was driving so I didn’t get to read the on dash warning fast enough.

I did not get notified for the gas tank recall as I do have the spray in bedliner and when I did the trailer brake control recallmy Ford dealer did not see my vin was affected.

has anyone had this or maybe know more about this ems that can give some insight?

I’m mainly worried it’ll be sitting at my dealer for months waiting on parts and fords how to advice on a fix…

How did you put 12k miles on it already?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nomadikhan

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did you put 12k miles on it already?
Just back and forth to work 2-3 days a week, 40 miles a day, other car fills the rest of the week. Trip or two camping. Hardware store trips. One vacation road trip to Amish country that was around 600 miles.

I took delivery December 6th 2021 tho, so have had it nearly 1 year 5 months. Below the average 12-14k miles a year they estimate these days.

Jan 1st of 2023 it had 8600 miles and i started driving it full time until end of February as my old daily driver doesn’t have awd or abs brakes and is bad in ice snow.

Last edited:

Wilkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wilkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT in Area51 Rhino Lining GatorTrio
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ok your first post said December of 2022 -thats making more sense

OP
OP
Nomadikhan

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ok your first post said December of 2022 -thats making more sense
Yikes I sure did haha, so sorry for the cunfusion.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided

Hi there! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this warning message concern? Thank you!

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Question does the mav have a gas cap (still waiting on mine, hopefully see it next month)? Id get a CEL on my audi if I don't go three clicks on my cap. Sounds stupid but the EVAP needs a closed system to work properly. Think of it like a vacuum leak.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question does the mav have a gas cap (still waiting on mine, hopefully see it next month)? Id get a CEL on my audi if I don't go three clicks on my cap. Sounds stupid but the EVAP needs a closed system to work properly. Think of it like a vacuum leak.
Ford uses a capless filler system. Although debris in the neck or possibly the door gasket can sometimes cause sealing issues triggering leak codes.

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford uses a capless filler system. Although debris in the neck or possibly the door gasket can sometimes cause sealing issues triggering leak codes.
Well there goes my theory 😕.

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Slightly warped surface where gas door meets filler neck?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Slightly warped surface where gas door meets filler neck?
OP didn't even say it was specifically a leak fault code. Even then there's a lot of possibilities. Lots of components to the EVAP system.

OP
OP
Nomadikhan

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is no gas cap, the fuel door has a plunger type thing that engages when it’s shut and that I suppose acts as the seal.
Sponsored