Sponsored

Eibach Lowering springs installed, Knocking noises.

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wanted to do the spring swap but I'm waiting until these issues are resolved.
Sponsored

CactusJack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are plenty of people with Eibach springs installed on their Mav who don't have these issues. I'm going to guess whatever the issue is was brought about during installation and not the spring assembly itself. I think I'll wait and watch as well before having mine installed. Good luck to the both of you!

Last edited:

sanhozay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT LUX 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed my eibach lowering springs last week and im having the same issue, knocking noises from the front, mostly when the wheels are turned and driving slowly (up to 20-30 mph). Truck drives totally fine but still got the noise. Any chance you figured out the cause of the knocking?

OP
OP
SlowTime2011

SlowTime2011

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed my eibach lowering springs last week and im having the same issue, knocking noises from the front, mostly when the wheels are turned and driving slowly (up to 20-30 mph). Truck drives totally fine but still got the noise. Any chance you figured out the cause of the knocking?
No not yet. Shop didn't take it back in. Between work and weather haven't had a chance to get under it myself.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MIne was lowered today, It is all good except when you hit a large dip, there is still a clunk noise. But not getting it when turning or parking. We have taken it apart to check everything and everything is clocked the right way. My installer and I are at a loss. He thinks it may have something to do with the sway bar end links? But I don't know. This guy is a suspension guru so to speak, he has multiple vehicles he has lowered and bagged but even he is stumped.

Sponsored

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
***Update*** mine is now knocking turning both directions and driving straight when the roads make transitions or it hits a big enough dip in the road. Is anybody with the H&R Springs having these issues? I dropped mine back off with my installer and he is going to call eibach in the morning for some assistance.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
***Update*** mine is now knocking turning both directions and driving straight when the roads make transitions or it hits a big enough dip in the road. Is anybody with the H&R Springs having these issues? I dropped mine back off with my installer and he is going to call eibach in the morning for some assistance.
I do have the HR super sport springs without any noise or prolems, but i really can't believe that Eibach springs can be your noise culprit (most of the people have found sway bar bushings and other stuff causing their noises).

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do have the HR super sport springs without any noise or prolems, but i really can't believe that Eibach springs can be your noise culprit (most of the people have found sway bar bushings and other stuff causing their noises).
Yeah I know, but I have the stock sway bars still in on, so I don't know. I have faith in my installer that he will get to the bottom of it though.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I know, but I have the stock sway bars still in on, so I don't know. I have faith in my installer that he will get to the bottom of it though.
Good luck I’m sure you will find out & let us know when you do👍

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The installer is pulling it back out tonight and starting over. Finger's crossed. I know one brand's product "shouldn't" be the problem, but it seems people are only having this issue with eibach. I haven't read one thing about the HR springs doing this. If we can't figure it out, I am going the coilover route. After seeing the truck lowered there is no way I want a stock height truck.

Sponsored

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, he got them out and looked and apparently the top perch had shifted about 2" in rotation the last time he put them back together. He has them dead on the factory marks now and reinstalling. Fingers crossed that is what it was. I will report back after he test drives it. My threads on my struts are perfect, they aren't stripped at all like some people have reported that that could be the problem, he sent me pics to confirm.

sanhozay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT LUX 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MIne was lowered today, It is all good except when you hit a large dip, there is still a clunk noise. But not getting it when turning or parking. We have taken it apart to check everything and everything is clocked the right way. My installer and I are at a loss. He thinks it may have something to do with the sway bar end links? But I don't know. This guy is a suspension guru so to speak, he has multiple vehicles he has lowered and bagged but even he is stumped.
I just took my truck in to get the noise inspected. I worked along with the mechanic this time so I can visually see everything going on under there. Literally everything is in pristine shape and is mounted correctly. Another tech of his chimed in and said its likely the endlink bushings attatched to the swaybar

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was the word we got from eibach today. My installer is going to unhook the sway bar tonight and test drive it. We will see in a lil while.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My question is this, is the FX4 suspension somehow different than the normal AWD suspension? Say sway bar size, lack of sway bar? I wouldn't think so but who knows? And how many AWD people who have had these issues have FX4 versus the standard suspension? Maybe therein lies the problem? IDK, I grasping at straws at this point.

OP
OP
SlowTime2011

SlowTime2011

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My question is this, is the FX4 suspension somehow different than the normal AWD suspension? Say sway bar size, lack of sway bar? I wouldn't think so but who knows? And how many AWD people who have had these issues have FX4 versus the standard suspension? Maybe therein lies the problem? IDK, I grasping at straws at this point.
I don't have FX4.
Sponsored