Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Interesting post, thankyou. Will try when (if) my hybrid gets here.
Sponsored

D512

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't seen any posts mentioning this yet, so I just wanted to share my experiences relating to eco mode and mpg's so far. I received my Hybrid about a month ago, and got in the habit of immediately switching to ECO mode at the start of every trip in order to get the best MPG's possible. After a month of driving like this, I decided to try leaving it in normal mode and see what sort of difference I got in mpg's.

To my surprise, I saw a pretty miniscule difference in mpg's, but found the truck to be much more responsive and enjoyable to drive while in normal mode. I do about 80% city driving, and am averaging around 45 mpg in normal mode, which isn't far off from what I was getting in eco mode.

To me, the penalty of the sluggish response while in ECO mode wasn't worth the negligible difference it made in mpg's, and I MUCH prefer the power response while in normal mode. Not to mention the annoyance of having to manually put it in eco mode at the start of every trip.

To anyone else who shares this annoyance, try leaving it in normal mode! You might be surprised like I was to see it didn't make much of a difference. As always though, YMMV.
Yup. I have a 2023 XLT Hybrid. Got it in April and only have 1700 miles on it, mostly just around Austin.
In the first few weeks it was getting 42 mpg but for months I never get more than 33 mpg. I put it in eco mode, drive slow, doesn’t change. I’m still SUPER happy with it and just love driving it so I don’t think about it but it sure would be cool to get back in the 40’s!

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I live in the country and do mostly highway but I got the hybrid anyway b/c I didn't want to deal with turbos. Here are my observations for highway driving on cruise control:

ECO - most fuel efficient (2 better MPG)
Slippery - next most fuel efficient (1 better MPG)
Normal - baseline
Sport -Least fuel efficient (1-2 worse MPG)
Sponsored