Bohottie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, so I’ve had my Maverick for a month and love it. One thing I’ve noticed is an odd sound coming from the engine. I’ve driven other Ford/Lincolns with the same engine, although I know this car probably doesn’t have anywhere near as much sound deadening as the others, but there is a sound that is odd to me. It sounds almost like a belt or pulley something.

Its only when idling or accelerating, and it goes away as the revs go up. There are no lights or performance issues, so I’m guessing it’s normal, but are you all getting a similar sound? It 36F out, and I do know these engines are noisy and make weird sounds at low revs.

Sponsored

Last edited:

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All I hear are the damn crickets.......

(sorry, frustration post)

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, so I’ve had my Maverick for a month and love it. One thing I’ve noticed is an odd sound coming from the engine. I’ve driven other Ford/Lincolns with the same engine, although I know this car probably doesn’t have anywhere near as much sound deadening as the others, but there is a sound that is odd to me. It sounds almost like a belt or pulley something.

Its only when idling or accelerating, and it goes away as the revs go up. There are no lights or performance issues, so I’m guessing it’s normal, but are you all getting a similar sound?

View attachment 44640
Yes, I've noticed a sound in my 2.0 EB Mav as well. At low idle, it's like a persistent, repetitive clicking sound. Almost sounds like a tiny diesel engine. I've thought about making a video and posting it to get comments from other 2.0 EB owners. If other owners are experiencing the same thing, it's apparently a "normal" sound that's inherent to the engine design.

Like you, when I get up to about 20-25 mph, the sound goes away.

I really do like my truck, but this is one minor annoyance that bothers me a little bit.

OP
OP

Bohottie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Video was posted. Sorry, I’m a scrub.

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Video was posted. Sorry, I’m a scrub.
My laptop speakers aren't the best, but from what I'm hearing that doesn't sound like what I'm hearing with my Mav.

I have an appointment with my local dealer tomorrow to get some accessories installed and I plan to ask about it. I left my Mav at home today, and I have some personal things to do after work so it will be later this evening or probably tomorrow before I can post my own video.

Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Yes, I've noticed a sound in my 2.0 EB Mav as well. At low idle, it's like a persistent, repetitive clicking sound. Almost sounds like a tiny diesel engine. I've thought about making a video and posting it to get comments from other 2.0 EB owners. If other owners are experiencing the same thing, it's apparently a "normal" sound that's inherent to the engine design.

Like you, when I get up to about 20-25 mph, the sound goes away.

I really do like my truck, but this is one minor annoyance that bothers me a little bit.
What you're describing is the high pressure fuel pump, it's mechanically operated and runs off of a cam lobe to bring the fuel pressure up to somewhere around 2,000 psi which is almost 100 times the pressure of a port injection setup. It's a mechanical ticking type sound which is completely normal on a direct injected gas engine. As for OP, I didn't hear a damn thing in the video other than what seemed like normal engine operating noises to me

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What you're describing is the high pressure fuel pump, it's mechanically operated and runs off of a cam lobe to bring the fuel pressure up to somewhere around 2,000 psi which is almost 100 times the pressure of a port injection setup. It's a mechanical ticking type sound which is completely normal on a direct injected gas engine. As for OP, I didn't hear a damn thing in the video other than what seemed like normal engine operating noises to me
Thank you.(y) Knowing that it's a normal sound I won't worry about it and I'll try not to let it bother me.:)

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Thank you.(y) Knowing that it's a normal sound I won't worry about it and I'll try not to let it bother me.:)
Cant hear anything in your video, so I cant say whether something sounds normal or not. What is the sound/noise that we were supposed to hear in the video?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
It's like a high pitched "eeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeee wockawack"

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cant hear anything in your video, so I cant say whether something sounds normal or not. What is the sound/noise that we were supposed to hear in the video?
It's the OP's video, not mine. @FakeCowboy answered my question, but I might still post a separate video just for educational purposes.

Sponsored

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Shoot thousands of rounds through many kinds of firearms and all of the impertinent noises will go away.
Hearing protection ? Never heard of it.
Sponsored