Sponsored

Maverick 2.0 EB Custom Exhaust reviews / options?

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By now it is likely that a few of you with the Maverick 2.0 EB have replaced your exhaust system; at least from the Cat back. If you did replace your exhaust I am interested in knowing if you purchased a name brand ( i.e. Borla, MagnaFlow, etc. ) and if you are satisfied with the sound and/or performance improvement if any. Did you go with dual pipes and did you go with 2 1/2" or 3" diameter pipes.
I am wanting to improve performance moreso than having it sound like a bumble bee.
Thank you, Maveriac
Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure you’ll see much gains performance wise until there’s a down pipe available. Even then I wouldn’t consider one until you can mated to the stock exhaust. The Ecoboosts IMO do not sound great with an opened up exhaust.
I believe Buschur is currently developing one with their hybrid turbo and there was a vendor on FB that recently purchased a Mav for their shop to make DPs.

Last edited:

Jwhisl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nobody is really spoken on the performance benefits of the exhaust by itself. Most systems are 3 in but some of them will go down to two and a half right where they bolt on. And brands that I have seen are magnaflow, mbrp, mrt, buschur, and Gibson. Most companies are still working on prototypes but hopefully there will be more in the coming year. The biggest problem is the shops that are involved in the aftermarket scene haven't been able to get their hands on Mavericks to develop performance parts
Sponsored