Sponsored

EB 2.0 Longevity concerns (ie Carbon buildup, etc)

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Wondering what the current state of affairs is with the 2.0 DI Ecoboost engine is? My wife currently has a 2021 Ford Edge AWD with the 2.0 which she is leasing. We are looking into the Maverick for a replacement. We would buy a Maverick as leasing is way more expensive now. We could buyout her current lease on her Edge for a good price (she does 2 year leases) or we could buy a new Maverick 2.0 for just a little more money. Her Edge will have around 40K miles on it (thus out of warranty) if we decided to go that route. The Mav wouldn't be as nice as her Edge but would be under wattanty, etc but my main concern is the longevity of the 2.0 after reading many things online, lol.

Also looking into possibly going hybrid but not really sure yet.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Heard good things and bad about the 2.0L Ecoboost over the years, mostly the coolant intrusion, but they made some changes to the coolant passages in the block (2020?) that is supposed to have fixed that. This is my first turbo motor and I had apprehensions as well as I've always avoided turbo engines. Some people have had thier 2.0L ecoboosts go over 100k with no issues. I plan to use at least midgrade or above (89+ octane) gas and change the oil every 4k.