First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just drove about 24 hours North to VA and 24 Hours back to Texas. Speed limits are crap up north, but no issues with Texas at 80+, and passing at that speed ( huge change from my old 4 banger Toyota that sounded like it was going to explode any minute with the slightest hill at any speed over 70 😂 ). Anyone who thinks their MPG doesn't suffer though, has too much faith in St.Dashboard, the Patron Saint of inflated MPGs. ( I got 34 mpg most of my trip when 75 or lower, checked with Fuelly, my last leg Truck reported around 30, Fuelly reported 24.XX after driving 80 for most of the the last few hundred miles. ( Eco AWD 4k ). Truck on average tells me +2 mpg to what I am really getting at the pump.
Sponsored

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In south Florida the mav EB is perfect for point and shot maneuvers. Especially getting around the lazy people when the light turns green. Any gear 2000rm or higher it pulls strong and smooth.

TMAC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick & 94 Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same problem, Look down at the speedo, OHH SHOOOT,,, 85 ???

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been wondering for awhile what folks experience is with the Maverick over 80 mph. I'm a little ashamed to admit it but I occasionally drive at high speeds. It seems to me, that my Maverick hybrid is not really stable at those speeds. Is it my truck? Am I asking for too much or should I just slow down? Inquiring minds want to know.
Mine is smooth at 100... Was tested several times this past weekend for several miles on I-10 and I-25. Very poised, no concerns whatsoever. I routinely do 80-90 on the interstate when conditions permit.

Last edited:

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Try 108 in a SlingShot that is so low that you can lean a bit and polish you nails on the pavement. What a rush.
Then, I get in my RAV4 with the little State Farm Insurance tracking box.
Two different vehicles with two different philosophies and two different reasons for a spot in my garage.
as a former owner of a 300bhp Caterham 7 I can relate. got that one up to 135 on track a few times, happy days!

Sponsored

Joe Rambo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai SF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The first time you punch the hybrid to pass, it will physically snap your head back and jump from 50 to 80+ in a few seconds. The first time this was totally unexpected. Now I know it's coming :) I haven't noticed any instability over 80, I now have 6K on her.
Same here and I'm at 80 regularly

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Driving your Maverick Fast 1660050259585

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just drove about 24 hours North to VA and 24 Hours back to Texas. Speed limits are crap up north, but no issues with Texas at 80+, and passing at that speed ( huge change from my old 4 banger Toyota that sounded like it was going to explode any minute with the slightest hill at any speed over 70 😂 ). Anyone who thinks their MPG doesn't suffer though, has too much faith in St.Dashboard, the Patron Saint of inflated MPGs. ( I got 34 mpg most of my trip when 75 or lower, checked with Fuelly, my last leg Truck reported around 30, Fuelly reported 24.XX after driving 80 for most of the the last few hundred miles. ( Eco AWD 4k ). Truck on average tells me +2 mpg to what I am really getting at the pump.
AC on most of the time?

Sponsored

Jbuys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did a trip with my family to Colorado Springs from Central Washington through Montana, Wyoming and into Colorado, over 3000 miles round trip, did 80+on the freeways in Montana and Wyoming and had no stability issues. I had my wife and two kids in the cab and the bed was fully loaded with camping equipment with my soft tonneau cover on it, and still got around 35 mpg average the whole trip.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AC on most of the time?
Probably 60%. Off in mornings and evenings, or when the temp was ok and sun was behind clouds. ( really could of cut it off more, but my phone mount rests in front of a vent and keeps my phone nice and cool when charging )

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I saw my first Maverick on the road pulling a camping trailer going about 80mph
I see big pickups pulling cabin cruisers and large campers. Sure maybe the truck can pull them that fast, but trailer tires are not made for sustained high speeds, and a strong cross wind has the potential to push a trailer or boat on a trailer to the point the driver loses control. People that drive at high speed with large trailers/loads attached are just reckless fools.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No matter what car I drive, I usually cruise on the freeway at 80. Sometimes in the Mav, while zoned out listening to music or whatever, I've looked down at the speedometer and I was going 90ish and it still felt like I was going 75-80.
Sponsored