athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know Ford designed and marketed this vehicle for millennials, guys with hair buns and hipsters. Nevertheless, this is our truck. It is probably the most functional vehicle ever made and we old dudes figured this out when it was launched. It is the truck equivalent of a bucket hat, belt with a hidden money spot sewn in, belly pack and trousers that let you remove the legs with a zipper! Stop defending it when people dismiss it as a "trucklette" or call it "cute." You are only driving up the price and making it harder to get.

67306617813--11A2436F-9504-4BB9-B13B-536AD9FF647D.jpg
Last time I checked, I didn't see a bunch of man bun hipsters running car dealerships and adding on 'market adjustments' there Grandpa. When is the last time you saw a car dealership owned by anyone younger than 40? Eat your Quaker Oats and pipe down Wilford Brimley.
Sponsored

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I might have missed it in the thread, but donā€™t believe Iā€™ve seen a mention of Gen X. Born in 1965, Iā€™ve never considered myself a boomer, although the younger generation would probably lump me in with that group anyway.

As others have stated in the thread, the Maverick has broad appeal to a wide range of demographics. Iā€™m thankful I was able to get mine before the 94 Ranger I bought new 27+ years earlier bit the dust.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Speaking of age, aren't most millennials approaching mid-life crisis age getting immobilized because they laid on their pillow wrong by now? Hardly youngsters anymore.
Yup, old millennial with grey hair. Lol. . . The older millennials that took advantage of working and acquiring real-estate early on are a bunch of winners. . .

Sponsored

KHut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Sportrac, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've still got my V8 Sportrac that sounds like a boat when I need the old-school truck fix. But I find I'm continually reaching for the Mav. keys bc its so satisfying to drive with its great gas mileage and cool tech. I'm 60 and love the attention I get with this truck. Add my doodle in the back seat and its definitely a "chick magnet." Just don't tell my wife that...
Ford Maverick Don't ruin it for the old guys! mav 1
Ford Maverick Don't ruin it for the old guys! mav 2

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Speaking of age, aren't most millennials approaching mid-life crisis age getting immobilized because they laid on their pillow wrong by now? Hardly youngsters anymore.
This is the stage I am at. Just turned 36 and sleeping wrong wrecks my whole week.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I concur. Elder millennial here with arthritis and saggy balls!

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're as strong, healthy and smart as you will ever be... it's all downhill from 41. But don't worry, you can still have a rip roaring good time as you slowly decline! You wont even notice it in your 40s.
Speak for yourself! I love my new Mav, and at 63 I am still running! But you are correct, you do accumulate aches and pains and figure out how to avoid them. But on the bright side, the new Mav is wonderful! I have the Hybrid Lariat and love it!

Sponsored

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Somewhere in Dearborn, Michigan, deep within FoMoCoā€™s HQ, thereā€™s a Marketing team driven by data analytics scratching their heads, wondering ā€œhowā€™d we miss the Maverick demographic by THAT much?ā€

The same team is previewing the 1st (ever) Maverick TV advertisement, showing an AWD Maverick rock crawling at an insane angle up a mountain sideā€¦instead of outside a Home Depot showing the ease of loading a 4x8 sheet into the bed (while parked next to a jamoke struggling to bungee strap a 4x8 sheet on the roof of a 2-door sedan).

Real world vs Data Analytics, discussion to followā€¦