Sponsored

Don't Have My Truck And the Dealer Already Wants to Buy It ;)

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got this text today.

Ford Maverick Don't Have My Truck And the Dealer Already Wants to Buy It ;) mossy

Looks like they think they have people who will pay more than $5K in order to buy a Maverick when it's first available. :rolleyes:

If they can get it, more power to them.

And no, I'm not interested in doing it at all.

Edited to add: it's from the actual dealer but all they did is get me to call to see what's up with my order. And their answer is that they don't know anything more than I do and that they'll get copied on the email from Ford that tells me my truck is scheduled for a build.

I was tossing around in my head the idea of seeing how much they'd give me for a truck that isn't even built yet and then using the money to buy a used NV200 or Transit Connect cargo. But then I realized that we're getting back to the spending only a few grand less or the same amount for a vehicle with tens of thousands of miles on it.

Besides, if I started driving around a white cargo van people might think I'm trying to steal kids.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like spam

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
Ahh the old Kelly blue book, trade in value scam. An oldy but a goody. Kelly blue book seems to be taken over by dealerships wanting to underpay for a vehicle, often thousands off from secondary sources to sell your car like carvana and car max. Do not mistake the dealer’s offer for a market price, or a fixed amount to buy out your order.

I had something like this happen after the first year on my Chevrolet Silverado, gullible enough to go up to the dealership to get their offer, except I had that truck in my physical possession. I had equity in that truck and got the call to come in because my truck was in such high demand and I can upgrade to something nicer. Went in and they gave me a low ball offer, several thousand below the sell to Carvana price. So I sold to caravana

And leased a new Toyota TRD off-road because they had excess inventory. Pocketed the extra carvana money and then traded in during the lockdown for a net of $22k Dodge Challenger with a $30k MSRP, making money on the lease buyout. Then caught another dealership with a rental 2019 mustang convertible, stuck at end of year 2020. So I lowballed them, knowing they were trying to clear inventory and getting ready to send it to auction. I also sold Carvana the challenger, pocketing a few thousand. And last month, I sold the mustang for an extra $5k and down to one vehicle, waiting now on my Maverick.

Moral of the story, never trust a dealership and know your vehicles worth. Run not walk if someone starts spouting KBB tradein values!

Last edited:

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
That’s a little odd. I don’t think kbb has a trade in value for the maverick yet.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The marketing department pushes a button and their system spams all the emails in their system. I still get these emails on cars I traded in years ago

Sponsored

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s a little odd. I don’t think kbb has a trade in value for the maverick yet.
They do right now I don't know when they putnitnup though, this is the trade in on mine from them I paid 30,450 out the door that was with state tax doc fees etc

Ford Maverick Don't Have My Truck And the Dealer Already Wants to Buy It ;) Screenshot_20220418-121159_Chrome

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got this text today.

Looks like they think they have people who will pay more than $5K in order to buy a Maverick when it's first available. :rolleyes:

If they can get it, more power to them.

And no, I'm not interested in doing it at all.
Carvana offered me $31,196 for my 2022 Ford Macerick XLT Hybrid which is $5,128 over my total purchase price of $26,068.

It is used with 1100 miles on it.

Added to the base 2022 Ford Macerick XLT Hybrid was Co-Pilot360, Rear Sliding Window, 110V/400W Outlet in Cab, All Weather Floor Liners, Tailgate Damper, Splash Guards and Hard Drop-in Bedliner

The $5,000 offer from your dealer is too low as Carvana will add about $2,000 to the price above what they pay me and will sell it in days.

I am not selling but was curious as to what it was worth to them.

Ford Maverick Don't Have My Truck And the Dealer Already Wants to Buy It ;) Carvana XLT Maverick Hybrid.JPG

TimmH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
The marketing department pushes a button and their system spams all the emails in their system. I still get these emails on cars I traded in years ago
Yup, I get them for a 2006 Mustang I bought New 16 years ago. As well as some from a Jeep dealer I tried to buy a Wrangler from 4 years ago, but they sold the one I worked on telephone deal on the morning I came to test drive and fill out paperwork. For some reason their system think I have that Jeep. :)

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is what KBB shows for a private sale of my 2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid which I paid a total purchase price of $26,068.

It is used with 1100 miles on it in excellent condition

Added to the base 2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid was Co-Pilot360, Rear Sliding Window, 110V/400W Outlet in Cab, All Weather Floor Liners, Tailgate Damper, Splash Guards and Hard Drop-in Bedliner

Range is $33,270 to $35,574.

So it looks like the Carvana was low balling me with their offer of $31,196

Ford Maverick Don't Have My Truck And the Dealer Already Wants to Buy It ;) KBB.JPG

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just marketing tactic to get you come down and spend more money.

Sponsored

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
If I was written a check for 5000 to walk away would be tempting. But not trade to something different. I want the maverick.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I was tossing around in my head the idea of seeing how much they'd give me for a truck that isn't even built yet and then using the money to buy a used NV200 or Transit Connect cargo. But then I realized that we're getting back to the spending only a few grand less or the same amount for a vehicle with tens of thousands of miles on it.

Besides, if I started driving around a white cargo van people might think I'm trying to steal kids.
Ford Maverick Don't Have My Truck And the Dealer Already Wants to Buy It ;) ChittyBangMan

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
It's my understanding that both new and used car dealers subscribe to real time wholesale pricing information from Manheim, the giant wholesale vehicle auction business. I think it calculates prices down to particular regions of the country.

Revengeman01

First Name
Revenge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
If your dealer is already sending you "I want your truck" offers now, don't be surprised if your dealer tries to add extreme ADM Fees to your purchase to drive you away, so they can get the truck for resale.

There are a ton of potential owners that thought / hoped / prayed their dealer would be honest and trustworthy, only to find out when they submitted their "Dealer Signed DORA" at the time of purchase, the dealer added "Extreme ADM Fees" and the potential owner got so mad and walked away.

I always thought Lawyers where the worst of the worst - but since I have been involved in this Maverick order process and read some of the horror stories - I have changed my mind - it's Ford Dealerships that take top honor for Scum Of The Earth!

OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Carvana offered me $31,196 for my 2022 Ford Macerick XLT Hybrid which is $5,128 over my total purchase price of $26,068.
Holy necroposting, Batman!

I wrote that in November, dude.

And the purchase went through with no issues or shady dealer tactics.
Sponsored