Sponsored

Disappointed... Dealer not honoring price on order sheet due to mid-year price increase

cdsmith379

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good luck to OP. I believe her because my dealer didn't do what they said they would. They know they can make a killing on markup, they have no incentive to sell it to you. Ignore the sad sacks lining up to defend the dealer.
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How does one force their dealer to do this? Sure you can show them but what recourse does the customer have if the dealer refuses?
I want to bring it with me in case they say they can't do it. Then I can show them how. But you are correct, that won't force them to do it.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If so, it would be on my window sticker that I just got, and it is the exact same as what I ordered In January.
Look closer at your numbers on your window sticker and I bet it's MSRP is $630 higher versus January. July saw $1000 increase on XLT trim, $650 decrease on the EcoBoost, and $20 decrease for the 4G Hotspot delete.

That doesn't mean you don't have price protection, but it's not reflected on the window sticker.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Look closer at your numbers on your window sticker and I bet it's MSRP is $630 higher versus January. July saw $1000 increase on XLT trim, $650 decrease on the EcoBoost, and $20 decrease for the 4G Hotspot delete.

That doesn't mean you don't have price protection, but it's not reflected on the window sticker.
Okay, I looked and you are exactly right about the sticker. Apparently I can't add in my head well. I thought you were saying that the price change wasn't protected by Ford? Of course the dealer may try and extract whatever. Are we agreed on that

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay, I looked and you are exactly right about the sticker. Apparently I can't add in my head well. I thought you were saying that the price change wasn't protected by Ford? Of course the dealer may try and extract whatever. Are we agreed on that
I never said the price change wasn't protected, but that you can't refer to the window sticker (as you said in the original post I responded to) because that doesn't show a protected price.

Correct, a salesperson may not be aware of Ford's price protection policy and one may need to escalate to the Sales Manager who actually handles that sort of post-sale paperwork. Or, because Ford has supposedly been taking longer than usual, they may require a buyer to pay the sticker price at delivery and the dealer will reimburse when the check for the difference is received from Ford.

Sponsored

OP
OP

annspark

First Name
Annette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport Trac and Acura RDX

honestly there was no sticker on the Truck last night. I didnt realize it was missing until all of the comments about the sticker

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After 13 months I received word from the dealership my Maverick was in and ready to pick up. Took it for test drive and love it.
Then for the paperwork. What a surprise to find Ford is not honoring the price on my order sheet. Apparently there has been a mid year price increase
that adds about $1500. to the original cost. So I waited through all the delays and because they couldnt get the truck made any sooner I have to pay extra.
The dealership says nothing they can do since it is a Ford increase and if I dont want it they can sell it for $5,000. more. Wow...
Oh and when I ordered financing was starting at 0%, its now at 4.9%. Not Fords fault but still and increase due to the delays. I have been buying Fords for years. Disappointed they dont care about the customer enough to honor the original price after all of their delays.
@fordvideoguy has talked about this in at least one of his very informative videos. Ford will reimburse the dealer the difference in about 45 days as long as the person who originally ordered that particular vehicle (name match) is the same as reported to Ford at the time of sale.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tell me sweet little lies that stealership is doing. I ordered our hybrid in June 2021.
It arrived May 2022. The dealership (WHO ALREADY HAS BOUGHT IT FROM FORD) honored the 2022 price- instantly taking $1,200 for my trim & packages off the MSRP sticker price (remember that order sheet -they should have- had you sign along with your ID!?)
Not only that, I qualified for $750 college grad rebate because I technically finished a college degree in Jan 2022 (that I started 10 years ago) lol.
AND I got the 0% for 36 mo.
So sorry this ishappening to you. Maybe try DM @Ford Motor Company here, twitter, etc. maybe they can help.

they also have to provide a window sticker, by law, in any state for a new vehicle. It gives important information about pricing, safety, fuel economy, etc.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Engine
Undecided
I am using Sam Pack Ford of Lewisville Tx.
Oh wow sorry to hear that. Sam Pack Lewisville is supposed to be somewhat legit. I had my Lightning reservation with them but the sales guy was completely ignorant of facts so I switched it to Bill Utter in Denton. Just got a bad vibe from them. Now I’m glad I did. My son bought his MachE from Bill Utter in July and they honored price protection and MSRP. Was your sales guy Jerry?

Bootoyz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After 13 months I received word from the dealership my Maverick was in and ready to pick up. Took it for test drive and love it.
Then for the paperwork. What a surprise to find Ford is not honoring the price on my order sheet. Apparently there has been a mid year price increase
that adds about $1500. to the original cost. So I waited through all the delays and because they couldnt get the truck made any sooner I have to pay extra.
The dealership says nothing they can do since it is a Ford increase and if I dont want it they can sell it for $5,000. more. Wow...
Oh and when I ordered financing was starting at 0%, its now at 4.9%. Not Fords fault but still and increase due to the delays. I have been buying Fords for years. Disappointed they dont care about the customer enough to honor the original price after all of their delays.
I picked up my Maverick XL today at around 4:00 pm today. I got priced protected and I also got 0% financing for 36 months (made a $16,000) down payment. No up sells or hassle's either. So they are full of Bull crap!

Sponsored

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
The dealer should be able to check and apply the price protection. Sounds like they want you to let it go so they can sell it with a markup.

Last edited:

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MLowe05