Sponsored

Disappointed... Dealer not honoring price on order sheet due to mid-year price increase

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In Canada I was price & rate protected.
Sponsored

bajesus8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Civic LX, 09 Camry Hybrid, 22 Mav Hybd Lrt Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

here is the price protection option in smart vincent
Ford Maverick Disappointed... Dealer not honoring price on order sheet due to mid-year price increase 1664056951389

here is that letter talking about ignoring the sticker and charging original MSRP with FORD contact numbers
Ford Maverick Disappointed... Dealer not honoring price on order sheet due to mid-year price increase 1664057014729

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a question. My dealer will do the exact same thing to me. I ordered my Lariat June 2021 and have waited 16 months. The truck is supposed to arrive Oct. 6. I have the order form but it was all done by email. I have the documents but nothing was signed by anyone. The Manager, finance man and salesman are all no longer there and this new sales manager is going to try to screw me for sure. Do I have any remedy or an argument point since nothing was ever signed and no deposit was ever made?

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know this does not help, but, my truck came in today. Dealer did the sales sheet and used the price at order, 7/26/21, not price on sticker. They said price protection was great for me, I didn't even bring it up.
All we can do is trust to the integrity of our dealers. Many are interested in building long term relationships, and others are in for a quick buck. It has been a rough time for dealers since they have nothing to sell.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
+1 on the recommendation to grab the window sticker from Ford.com and smart Vincent info as suggested above and bring it with you back the dealer.

Ford is still honoring the price protection agreement with dealers and incentive programs at the time of order. There are only a couple reasons why a dealer may be asking for more ... they don't understand the process, or they are intentionally trying to screw you over for more money, or they want you to back out (forfeiting a deposit if you made one) so that they can sell the truck for more as dealer inventory.

Assuming you did your due diligence at purchase:
  • got your order details in writing at the time of order
  • Signed both the Pre-Order document with price on it.
  • Paid a deposit to the dealer and the dealer recorded that deposit as for your order at the time of order (legally necessary to prove offer and acceptance agreement between parties in the event of a dispute)
  • Signed the DORA
Then, the dealer should come around and get with the program.

If you don't get results by asking them to adhere to the agreement that they made as an agent of Ford, get Ford corporate or another dealer to explain your current dealer how it all works and see if that will get you an acceptable remedy.

If they still don't come around then you have few choices left except:
  • going around the dealer as others have done and secure 100% of the funding outside of the dealers loan program.
  • attempting litigation which will cost you more than the deposit (if you made one) that would be lost by breaking your end of the agreement.
  • shaming the heck out of them and directing your ire towards Ford corporate, better business bureaus, and social media.
Remember that the moment you accept your deposit back (assuming you made one) you lose any chance you had of holding them to an agreement. So if you want your truck don't accept anything back from the dealer.
I'm taking smart Vincent info with me when I go to pick up my truck. And other paperwork I've accumulated while here on MTC waiting for my truck.

Sponsored

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you get smart vincent printout for your truck?

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you get smart vincent printout for your truck?
I printed screen shots from the threads here. Do a search. If I can easily find them I'll post.

Edited to say scroll back in this thread and bajesus8 posted some screen shots.

OP
OP

annspark

First Name
Annette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport Trac and Acura RDX
Thanks for the replies. I shared the information with the dealership, and they still will not budge on the price or the financing. I am using Sam Pack Ford of Lewisville Tx.
Will still pick up my truck on Monday and finance throuh the credit union. Thanks yall.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The window sticker shows the MSRP at build time, not any price-protected value.
I'm not sure what you are saying? Do you think Ford can raise the price at a later date after order and we have to pay that?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure what you are saying? Do you think Ford can raise the price at a later date after order and we have to pay that?
No, I'm saying that regardless of what your order-date protected price is the window sticker value is not personalized. As a legally mandated document to inform any party (be they buyer, bank, insurance, etc.) the options and manufacturer assigned value of the vehicle it lists the price of the vehicle in accordance with when it was assembled.

Sponsored
OP
OP

annspark

First Name
Annette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport Trac and Acura RDX
That is exactly what they are doing!

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
here is the price protection option in smart vincent
1664056951389.png

here is that letter talking about ignoring the sticker and charging original MSRP with FORD contact numbers
1664057014729.png
How does one force their dealer to do this? Sure you can show them but what recourse does the customer have if the dealer refuses?

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is exactly what they are doing!
Dealers may be trying to do that, but that is not something that Ford is charging them. If so, it would be on my window sticker that I just got, and it is the exact same as what I ordered In January.
Sponsored