Sponsored

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
I ordered a XLT that came up to 24,200 then the last second I added a moonroof. Build week of 10-11, I only got the moonroof because my girlfriend loves them and the slight chance of transporting wood trim that could go through the rear sliding window and out the moonroof in a pinch.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Up in the Pacific NW, I really like moonroofs. Two main reasons:
  1. With the nine months of gray, I love keeping the moonroof shade open to get some extra diffused gray light in the cabin October-June. That little extra natural light helps through dark wet winters. 🌧 And sometimes, the sun comes out and then you really love having a moonroof.
  2. With super sunny mild summers, it's a great environment to put back the moonroof gets some fresh sea air and feel the warm sun that we haven't seen for a long time. Western Washington has the most beautiful summers in America, IMHO. :cool:
At first, I made my reservation without a moonroof. I'm 6'-1'" and at first thought with a compact pickup I wouldn't have enough room with what is lost for the moonroof. I was kinda sad, as this would be the first vehicle I have had in Washington State without a moonroof. But the day I went to the dealer to convert my reservation to an order, I read a report about someone similar height fit under the moonroof comfortably. So I added it at order time. 👍

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered an XL with moonroof. I hardly use them but a moonroof always makes the vehicle look "richer".

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
🙋‍♂️ I order the moon-roof with my XLT+luxury package. I had a moon-roof on my Hongda Ridgeline and I miss that. When the weather in LA is not so hot, I just need to open the moon-roof to enjoy the fresh air.

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Living in Louisiana with the heat and high humidity the majority of the time, I opted not to do the moonroof. I've had other vehicles with one and I rarely opened them, so I just didn't see the point.

Don Morris

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
First Edition, moon roof is included. I will probably use it on nice days.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. Lariat Lux Hybrid. Confirmed 6/10, not scheduled. Added it before June 29th. Why not?

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Yes

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How many have ordered your Maverick with the Moonroof option?
Yes
Great for venting interior heat when parked in the sun
Alto XLT FX4

Sponsored

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
I did, then I cancelled it. Reason? I was in love with the thought of a sunroof but when I thought about how much I actually used it in past vehicles (like never). Then there is the cost. Wanted to keep my truck under 30K so cancelled the moon roof and ford 360 (Im an old guy, learned to look for myself;)) and got the trifold cover instead.
Besides - I ordered the moon roof before my wife ordered jeep wrangler 4xe - will get my 'open air' fix in style on that

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not, its just another thing that can break or leak that I would rarely if ever use.

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn’t order a car, SUV or truck without one. I have bought 17 BMW’s since 1995 and everyone had a moonroof or was a convertible. 6 months out of the year I use it to vent the car when its parked outside. We get in the 90’s + May thru Sept so the car bakes without being vented. The other 6 months if its 50’s to 60’s I’ll open it fully on short drives, Dealers will not stock BMW’s without moonroofs because they won’t sell unless its an M3/M4.

Last edited:

millertyme15

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano, Chrysler 200, Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did. This is my first opportunity to get a vehicle completely to my spec, and I always wanted one, so I got one. Cause I'm a grown ass man, and I can do what I want. As long as my wife approves.
Same here....wife approved and said get what you want on this truck. If you are ordering, get what you want. Moonroof it is...
Sponsored