Sponsored

Power Moonroof Option

Samus L. Jackson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't wanna spend the money on a moon roof, but, since I'm considering getting a Ridgeline instead since I don't know if my Mav will get built, maybe the extra $1000 plus tax isn't so bad in the bigger picture. I mean, I want a moon roof. Even if I don't open them that often, I like having the extra natural light (when the sun isn't beating down on you).
Sponsored

OP
OP
ldanielsjr

ldanielsjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer XLT / 2018 Ford Expedition Ltd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok everyone, let's cut the "crap" here and talk about the real benefits of the sunroof for this fine person. FLATULENCE! The aerodynamics of the back window open with the sunroof cracked sucks out a fart faster than you can spell F A R T 2x fast. If that doesn't make it worth it, nothing will.

P. S. Yes, I'm speaking with experience. I have a little over 1000mi in my maverick and I've ripped some humdingers in there šŸ˜
Wow - an unintended and very valuable reason to order the moonroof! I can't wait to try that one out! Thanks - :)

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sometimes even cracking the windows sets up a ridiculous cross breeze, noise, hair destroyer environment. (I have no appreciable hair...but the wife does.) The moon roof is a nice option.
You will not regret getting it. All this silly hand wringing about drainage tubes and stuff. Forget it.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Moonroof was part of the FE package. It slides back under the roof, AND the tilts (on the backside) to draw the smells out just like the back window power sliding glass.

No need for a moonroof wind deflector because the one Ford installed rises pretty high and a aftermarket deflector will impede on its design. (Speaking from the experimental experience.)

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok everyone, let's cut the "crap" here and talk about the real benefits of the sunroof for this fine person. FLATULENCE! The aerodynamics of the back window open with the sunroof cracked sucks out a fart faster than you can spell F A R T 2x fast. If that doesn't make it worth it, nothing will.

P. S. Yes, I'm speaking with experience. I have a little over 1000mi in my maverick and I've ripped some humdingers in there šŸ˜
Is an aftermarket flatulence activated sun roof switch available?

OP
OP
ldanielsjr

ldanielsjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer XLT / 2018 Ford Expedition Ltd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sometimes even cracking the windows sets up a ridiculous cross breeze, noise, hair destroyer environment. (I have no appreciable hair...but the wife does.) The moon roof is a nice option.
You will not regret getting it. All this silly hand wringing about drainage tubes and stuff. Forget it.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. Iā€™m definitely going to add it to my build.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes it is, and if you're flatulating hard enough to activate the sensor, you've effectively re-balanced the loss of payload capacity.
If the moon roof is closed and hard constant flatulence is occuring yes you could increase load capacity would need an additional chip to monitor oxygen level and crack the moon roof open slightly! šŸ¤—

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love it. The combination of moonroof and power sliding rear window means that in spring/fall I can have the perfect amount of air flow in the truck without the A/C on. I had this combo in my Ridgeline and it's been just as effective in the Maverick.
This is the reason that put the decision over the top. Did waver back and forth but to reduce the a/c usage was extremely desirable.

Sponsored

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I personally looked for a maverick with the moonroof and xlt for cruise control (October) I wasnā€™t able to get hybrid but found this on the lot and for what itā€™s worth hereā€™s my options & payload sticker xlt/fx4/cp360/moonroof/optional rimā€™s & at tires/sibl/manual slide window/bed mat and 1333 lbs payload - I love my moonroof

Ford Maverick Power Moonroof Option 9959CC0D-74DA-426E-9A3B-08B6BAABA0BB

Ford Maverick Power Moonroof Option 1F1E5FD9-64E8-48DF-B511-50464D69A57E

Ford Maverick Power Moonroof Option E72DFAD3-D08E-4070-9EEE-998BBA5B1545

Cib74

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
I enjoy reviewing all the different Maverick Truck Club articles and reviews! I am anxiously awaiting the MY2023 opening to get a Maverick Hybrid on order.

My question is: has anyone ordered the power moonroof option, and what are your thoughts? I don't recall seeing any threads on this site discussing the option. I seem to remember reading in one thread that the power moonroof was one of the options that could create a delay in a getting a build date.

My wife has a 2018 Expedition Limited and it has the full glass roof where the forward portion slides back. While I haven't seen any posts on the Maverick option, I am sure it is the front seating area only, which is great, I don't think I'll be riding in the back anyway :)

The main question I'd have is does it slide back into the roof, or does it tilt up and slide back externally, over the top of the roof. The option description is a little bit vague if you ask me, and I've yet to see a Maverick with the option. Also, from the description and the rendering on the website, it appears to have the shade screen as well, would like to confirm that.

Thanks in advance ... can't wait to get a Maverick on order and get it delivered!
I ordered one with it but have not got a build date yet

Wilky4258

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Dodge Challenger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Moonroof is a great option if you can afford any extra equipment. Mine workd great with 0 headroom lost.

Mmmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
magic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the moonroof on my Maverick. It slides open within the roof line. Loss of headroom, which is generous to begin with, is only a bit lessened. The mooner gives an upscale feel to the driving experience. The option costs me $795 when I ordered it in August. I don't know what it is now.
thanks for sharing information, quick question, when moonroof is closed is there a visor that you can open or close to hide getting baked by the sun? I wouldnā€™t want to make the interior a greenhouse on a hot sunny day.

Mmmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
magic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I personally looked for a maverick with the moonroof and xlt for cruise control (October) I wasnā€™t able to get hybrid but found this on the lot and for what itā€™s worth hereā€™s my options & payload sticker xlt/fx4/cp360/moonroof/optional rimā€™s & at tires/sibl/manual slide window/bed mat and 1333 lbs payload - I love my moonroof

9959CC0D-74DA-426E-9A3B-08B6BAABA0BB.jpeg

1F1E5FD9-64E8-48DF-B511-50464D69A57E.jpeg

E72DFAD3-D08E-4070-9EEE-998BBA5B1545.jpeg
thank you for sharing the photos
Sponsored