Sponsored

How many order changes did you make to your order?

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did an initial order then later changed it from an xl hybird to an xlt hybird at a dealer. I contacted my sales person to say I wanted to add the sunroof before the 12/27 price increase. Was told….’we have sealed the order without options for changes’.

Is this some Ford process and if so then guess I cannot make any changes or is this just the dealer saying they are done with me and won‘t take the time to allow me to change the order for a third time?

It is a Sunday so even if a change is legally allowed I figure they will say the ‘person’ that does the order entry won’t be in until Monday so they cannot do it even if I drove their today and told them I wanted it done. Just feeling a bit screwed if it could be done but the dealer won’t do it.

I texted my sales guy at 10am last Friday so it is not like they could not have ‘made it happen’ if they wanted to I feel.
Sponsored

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I changed my color one time and then removed the bed liner a second time. Ordered 11/24 and got a build date email 12/16

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT hybrid with spray-in bedliner and tow hitch, ordered Hune 24th. Haven't changed a thing...although 6 months in without a build date is beginning to make me consider removing the bedliner.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did an initial order then later changed it from an xl hybird to an xlt hybird at a dealer. I contacted my sales person to say I wanted to add the sunroof before the 12/27 price increase. Was told….’we have sealed the order without options for changes’.

Is this some Ford process and if so then guess I cannot make any changes or is this just the dealer saying they are done with me and won‘t take the time to allow me to change the order for a third time?

It is a Sunday so even if a change is legally allowed I figure they will say the ‘person’ that does the order entry won’t be in until Monday so they cannot do it even if I drove their today and told them I wanted it done. Just feeling a bit screwed if it could be done but the dealer won’t do it.

I texted my sales guy at 10am last Friday so it is not like they could not have ‘made it happen’ if they wanted to I feel.
I changed my wheels to 18" five days after placing the order with no issues. It's a bolt on part so maybe it was an easy change to implement. Still in order processing as far as I know.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Two in rapid succession, basically just deleting little things I can buy and install separately myself. Bed liner, bed cover, floor mats. Also added the 400W inverter on my last edit.

I did not change anything substantial about the actual truck (Color, engine, so on).

EDIT: My truck got put on a train 2 days ago, if that makes a difference.

Sponsored

Bill R

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
XLT hybrid with spray-in bedliner and tow hitch, ordered Hune 24th. Haven't changed a thing...although 6 months in without a build date is beginning to make me consider removing the bedliner.
Did you order the XLT Premium package? I was told that if you didn't order the premium package and want the spray in bed liner it would be on hold. I would check with your Dealer and remove the spray in bed liner.

Proflig8tor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gulfstream / Grumman AA5B
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered two XLTs. One white w/ tow hitch, inverter, full size spare. The other with pepper red and tow hitch only. 11/1/21

Changed the white to red, added copilot 360, sunroof and added the pepper red on 12/15.

No news on either being built, or scheduled.

Have decided to try and make the one I changed to a full First Edition. Sent the salesman a text on 12/24 and got no reply. Just sent a 12/26 “Merry Christmas” got no reply. Can’t blame him at all for enjoying the Holiday. Either way I anticipate loving this right sized truck, regardless of which side the $5,500 in extra stuff ends up. It will either be very reasonably priced or very nice.

The other order is for a nice young lady who is a friend of the family who needs affordable transportation.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Made two changes after initial order placement. Changed from Cactus Gray to Cyber Orange, about 2 months after order. Then dropped the tonneau to get scheduled. Which worked for me back in September. Got scheduled the following week.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered XLT/ECO/AWD/LUX ON 8/30 then changed up to the Lariat trim- Unscheduled/Clean purgatory at this point-

shocontinental

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered XLT Hybrid Lux in Iconic Silver 11/02, a week ago changed it to Velocity Blue and added PPF.

I would assume you can make changes until you get the ”build scheduled” email.

Sponsored

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered 11/20 Cyber Orange Lariat Lux, ZX4 4K Tow & Hard Folding Tonneau. Deleted the Tonneau early December. No word except original order email. But, I cheated and took a similar Velocity Blue off the lot a week or so ago. They still expect me to be notified of a build date for the original order which I promised the dealer.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
only changes I made were on paper printouts of my build and price configurations- 3 times. I resisted the FOMO urges and rushing in too quick before I was really convinced it was the right vehicle for me and everything lined up in other aspects of my life to place a real order with no lingering questions about the build. Of course it helped that Ford sent me a Customer Loyalty discount with expiration date on it that made me pull the trigger and place my order ;)

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you order the XLT Premium package? I was told that if you didn't order the premium package and want the spray in bed liner it would be on hold. I would check with your Dealer and remove the spray in bed liner.
No, but we've talked to the dealer multiple times and while they've reiterated that we could remove the bedliner, they have stated each time that they can't confirm it will get us scheduled sooner.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Just transfer your order to another dealer and be done....

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Just one in mid August but it wasn't a change I wanted to make. Ford forced me to change my order from FWD to AWD but since I had to make the change I also added Co-Pilot360 at the same time.
Sponsored