silvy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How many have ordered your Maverick with the Moonroof option?
Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I did. This is my first opportunity to get a vehicle completely to my spec, and I always wanted one, so I got one. Cause I'm a grown ass man, and I can do what I want. As long as my wife approves.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yup XLT 2.0 360 hitch inverter manual slider moonroof 7/14 annnd spray in bedliner.(ought to add a month or so)

Last edited:

Sponsored

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did. Live where mosquitoes roam free. Best way to get them out of the cab is to drive away, pop up the moonroof and turn on the a/c. Mosquitoes (or flies) blow out.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Nope. I have one on the current vehicle and it's never been open. I've had them on my last 10 vehicles as well and IF I opened each of them once, that was too many times. I was thinking about it but decided I didn't want it in MY new truck.

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
I’ve had vehicles with moon roofs and vehicles without moon roofs. If it’s part of some larger package or comes standard on the vehicle then I’ll take it but I won’t fork out cash for it as a stand alone option. I never found much use for them personally.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I’ve had vehicles with moon roofs and vehicles without moon roofs. If it’s part of some larger package or comes standard on the vehicle then I’ll take it but I won’t fork out cash for it as a stand alone option. I never found much use for them personally.
1,000,000% agree.

Sponsored
OP
OP

silvy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why do you ask? What difference does it make?
Couple of reasons.
1. When reading the thread on people that got their builds scheduled, I did not notice any that had moon roofs listed. Wondering if this could be a delay item.
2. I read one poster mention that if you opt for the moon roof, you lose the sunglass holder. Wanted to see if someone mentioned that on one their replies on this thread.

I do agree with many of you about the usefulness of a moon roof, but I never had one and since I have this opportunity to 'custom' order a truck....I figured I'd throw it in.

Scooter66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Couple of reasons.
1. When reading the thread on people that got their builds scheduled, I did not notice any that had moon roofs listed. Wondering if this could be a delay item.
2. I read one poster mention that if you opt for the moon roof, you lose the sunglass holder. Wanted to see if someone mentioned that on one their replies on this thread.

I do agree with many of you about the usefulness of a moon roof, but I never had one and since I have this opportunity to 'custom' order a truck....I figured I'd throw it in.
Delay items are listed in this forum and moon roofs were not on that list. Most important is that hybrid is not going to be scheduled as much as ecoboost. In fact Ford already stated that only 35% on builds will be hybrid.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Lariat with moonroof and lux package here.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Couple of reasons.

Many moon roofs, including mine, see stats doc link in my sig.
My personal thought process was I thought it would be neat, maybe add some light and ambiance, get some natural airflow with lariat rear power sliding glass. I've never had one before in my own vehicle. Time will tell if that was a big waste of money, but it'll be a lesson either way.
Sponsored

Last edited: