Sponsored

Did anyone have to get their fuel tank replaced?

Falco813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
I got thw email for the recall for a fuel tank leak. My dealership told me there was no hole, but some kind of scratch. Ford told them they have to keep the car until the part comes in And is fixed. It's been over a month now because the part is backorder. Ford says there's nothing they car do to get the part faster. Is anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got thw email for the recall for a fuel tank leak. My dealership told me there was no hole, but some kind of scratch. Ford told them they have to keep the car until the part comes in And is fixed. It's been over a month now because the part is backorder. Ford says there's nothing they car do to get the part faster. Is anyone else having this issue?
Read the recent post by Whitenight posted just this morning. Over 5,000 vehicles affected and according to the Recall Notice 21C35, the dealers will receive a bulletin around 1/28 advising on recall parts availability. Dealers "have to complete" customer vehicles first, then the unsold new vehicles last.

Last edited:

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick is at the dealership now waiting on replacement fuel tank. It explains unanswered questions for me, I went on a road trip and a couple of times I filled up just before stopping for the night and the next morning the Maverick was a quarter of a tank lower. I thought somehow somebody siphoned the the fuel overnight but oddly strange that it happened twice on the same trip.

Last edited:

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The holes would be in the top of the tank. If you lost 1/4 of a tank overnight there would have been one hell of a smell and liquid all over the ground.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know? Is it safe to assume that drilled holes only occurred when getting a SIBL liner.

Last edited:

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes! That is exactly how they would have gotten there.

Bledlow1234

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
My Maverick came into the dealership 1/12. They’re telling me it be 2/15 before I can take delivery. My sales agent said the tank would take that long to come in. Very disappointed

JaxMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick came into the dealership 1/12. They’re telling me it be 2/15 before I can take delivery. My sales agent said the tank would take that long to come in. Very disappointed
Well, at least you received the eta from your dealership. That is better than most of us.

JaxMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, but I’m not sure that weren’t just guessing to get me off their backs.
Haha, Ya I'm sure my dealer is tired of hearing from me. They have been great and none of this is their fault. Unfortunately, they are all the communication I have for this screwed up situation.

Sponsored

Rentman1225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forde Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Read the recent post by Whitenight posted just this morning. Over 5,000 vehicles affected and according to the Recall Notice 21C35, the dealers will receive a bulletin around 1/28 advising on recall parts availability. Dealers "have to complete" customer vehicles first, then the unsold new vehicles last.
Are there any unsold Mavericks? :ROFLMAO:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hi there! Send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer, and I can look into the parts delay you're experiencing on my end.

Velo_Blue_Mav_in_NC

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I learned going through this is all of the tanks have to go through the inspection and have the tank removed. Normally it's the master tech at the dealership performing the service bulletin. They take pictures and send them to Ford. From there Ford either clears the vehicle or they have to replace. If there is even the smallest impression from the bit the tank gets replaced. Luckily I was in the clear.

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
Are you asking about a truck you purchased and had been driving or one your ordered that is sitting at the dealership awaiting a replacement tank and bolts?

Pumatsi

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 TL, 2007 Mazda 3, 2018 Yamaha XSR700
I'm in a the same depressing boat except my dealership wont tell me where the truck is. I know its built and had shipped on Oct 15th and now needs a gas tank. Most fun I've had since my divorce!
Sponsored