Sponsored

Did anyone have to get their fuel tank replaced?

OP
OP

Falco813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Are you asking about a truck you purchased and had been driving or one your ordered that is sitting at the dealership awaiting a replacement tank and bolts?
I bought the car and had from early November to end of decmeber and they are waiting for a replacement tank and bolts. I have a rental they gave me but I want my car that I bought back lol
Sponsored

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
I bought the car and had from early November to end of decmeber and they are waiting for a replacement tank and bolts. I have a rental they gave me but I want my car that I bought back lol
I read somewhere that repair of trucks brought in by owners will take priority over trucks not yet delivered to buyers. But I couldn’t find the thread so I don’t know if it was legit. Cold comfort I know, since no one can say when the parts will be available. My undelivered. truck is stuck at the dealership but your situation is much worse.

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I read somewhere that repair of trucks brought in by owners will take priority over trucks not yet delivered to buyers. But I couldn’t find the thread so I don’t know if it was legit. Cold comfort I know, since no one can say when the parts will be available. My undelivered. truck is stuck at the dealership but your situation is much worse.
This is from the recall notification:

SOLD VEHICLES
Ford has not issued instructions to stop selling/delivering or driving used vehicles under this
compliance recall. Owners should contact their dealer for an appointment to have their
vehicles remedied as soon as practicable. Owners can continue to safely drive their vehicles
providing they do not notice fuel leaking onto the ground or notice abnormal fuel odors.

Immediately contact any of your affected customers whose vehicles are not on your VIN list
but are identified in OASIS. Give the customer a copy of the Owner Notification Letter (when
available) and schedule a service date.

Correct other affected vehicles identified in OASIS which are brought to your dealership.

Dealers are to prioritize repairs of customer vehicles over repairs of new and used vehicle
inventory.

Supnotz 97

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Supra, Infinity Q60
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi there! Send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer, and I can look into the parts delay you're experiencing on my end.

Can I send you my case number to look into it.?
Hi there! Send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer, and I can look into the parts delay you're experiencing on my end.

FESTUS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have gotten 2 recall notices on the fuel tank but not getting anything doe as there is no smell of gas after topping off tank and no check engine light and no leaks, cant wait a month or two for new tank if it aint broke then dont fix it. ive had my truck since oct 2021

Sponsored

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
I have gotten 2 recall notices on the fuel tank but not getting anything doe as there is no smell of gas after topping off tank and no check engine light and no leaks, cant wait a month or two for new tank if it aint broke then dont fix it. ive had my truck since oct 2021
I had to wait a week or so on mine. You might talk with your dealer to make sure all the replacement parts are on hand if needed and only then take it in for inspection.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I picked up my truck in October and got the recall notice sometime around January/February. I had to wait for parts, but once I got the Ford letter that the parts were available, I started contacting dealers. The first one didn't even know the recall existed but said they'd schedule the truck in and check parts availability once it was there. The second never called me back.

The third dealer knew about the recall but said the parts were back-ordered. They said they'd order them and to wait for a call from them. That call never came so I finally went into the dealership and had them double-check. Turned out the parts were there, but had been misplaced. With that resolved, the truck was scheduled in and repaired right away (late April by then).

The Ford/dealer end of the process was a mess, but once the dealer had what they needed it got resolved quickly.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine was also October 2021 and the tank was punctured. I just wasn't smelling any fumes because the screw that punctured the tank was also sealing it up.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Haha, Ya I'm sure my dealer is tired of hearing from me. They have been great and none of this is their fault. Unfortunately, they are all the communication I have for this screwed up situation.
I stop in to see my dealer every week. I stopped in today to get the info on the '23. Even though I know from Long Ford that he will have nothing this week. Just give me my truck and get rid of me already!
Sponsored