Sponsored

Did anybody else get an airbag recall today?

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got the recall notice, but it says no parts until 2023.
Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I remember being about 8 years old riding in the back seat area of a 52 Plymouth 2 door (I think). There was me, my brother and a cousin. No back seat, we just were standing up with hands on the back of the front seats. My Aunt driving, my mom in the front seat. a truck ran a stop sign and it hit right in the middle of the left side. It rolled us into a ditch alongside the road. Lucky the truck was not going very fast. Nobody got seriously hurt but just bruised. Nobody went to the hospital. Car died that day.

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my recall notice for the airbags yesterday and yep.... January of 2023 for parts. That should work out good as long as I don't die in a crash because of them being defective LoL.
Actually, my app is saying oil change in February, so it may work out well, haha.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine came yesterday. Filed away; won’t have parts for a while. Not sure why they send these out before anything can be done. Just making panicked customers and wasted calls to dealerships; unless you are on this forum and know better.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got mine today . says dealer will call me when parts are available . that's probably when hell freezes over .

Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Coincidentally, found it in the mailbox on Tuesday of this week after returning home from having the crankcase recall performed at the dealership (none of the symptoms for that recall evident prior to taking the Maverick in).

This time it's a recall notice announcing Ford will be sending a follow-up recall notice. Go figure.

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got one yesterday. Just glad I own it and I can drive it while I wait and it’s not stuck on a dealer back lot

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got mine this week. Side curtain airbag. Risk of ejection if the airbag doesn't deploy. BFD. I wear my seat belt so I won't be ejected in any case! Pisses me off that cars are engineered to protect people who refuse to use available measures to protect themselves!

This is coming from a guy who has rolled two cars on to their roofs and walked away without a scratch...because 3-point seatbelts.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had made an appointment for last Wednesday to bring the Maverick in for the engine fire recall. Got that fixed and what arrives the next day in the mail, the recall for the airbags. :rolleyes:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got mine this week. Side curtain airbag. Risk of ejection if the airbag doesn't deploy.
It's not even that they won't deploy. The airbags (just) failed to meet the standards for a test in which they are struck with a simulated head shape at various points and deflection past the plane of the window is measured.

NHTSA’s Office of Vehicle Safety Compliance contacted Ford on June 29, 2022, regarding the results of their FMVSS 226 compliance audit on the 2022 model year Maverick. The displacement results for the front lower primary target was 111.9 mm which exceeds the federal regulation of 100 mm.

Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

Yea I got mine in the mail the other day. Just says to sit and wait until they get a solution and new parts available. Oh well, not concerned myself. It’ll get done when it gets done

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got mine this week. Side curtain airbag. Risk of ejection if the airbag doesn't deploy. BFD. I wear my seat belt so I won't be ejected in any case! Pisses me off that cars are engineered to protect people who refuse to use available measures to protect themselves!

This is coming from a guy who has rolled two cars on to their roofs and walked away without a scratch...because 3-point seatbelts.
Not the entire truth. The airbags are designed to work in conjunction with seatbelts, not to replace them.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I got mine. PITA but what are you going to do.
Sponsored