2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the Maverick or any Maverick recall. This is in regards to the old Takata air bag recall that started about a decade ago. Takata is long out of business now and there are no Takata airbags in any Maverick.
I've literally provided a concrete example of the same exact behavior I've seen from Ford and the dealer I went to, and you're choosing to say it's not pertinent because the article is about a different Ford vehicle and airbag supplier.

It's not like the manufacturer, dealers, or techs are different for those Rangers. So how is this any different?
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait a minute. Are you saying that there hasn't been 26 recalls on the Ford Maverick? LOL.
Nope, you should brush up on your reading comprehension skills. You cherry picked a certain part of the article which to me seemed like it was done on purpose. I was clarifying it had nothing to do with the Maverick.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never heard of service departments not doing what should be done before... ever...

lol.

Maybe not the best case for this as the recall work would likely cause one to get in the way, but.... dashcam dashcam dashcam. Hell, I'd even move it to a lower spot on the dash so there is no reason to disable it. Mine runs off battery packs too, so go ahead and disconnect the battery. It might not run forever, but that issue could potentially be solved with more battery packs... anyways... I'm just trying to make a point: Protect your property and don't trust others to be honest.

Sarah Davis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is the list of affected vehicles from the Takata Airbag recall, https://www.nhtsa.gov/takata-recall-spotlight/do-not-drive-warning

Ford is using ZF Passive Safety US, Inc. for the airbags in the Maverick. Here is a page that explains The Airbag recall on the Maverick very well. https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/recall/recalls-and-faqs/22c20-maverick-2022-side-curtain-airbag-recall/#:~:text=ZF Passive Safety US, Inc. This site explains that the airbag in the Maverick did not meet NHTSA’s regulations for ejection mitigation . The Takata recall was for exploding airbags that released shrapnel, two very different problems.

I hope this clears up any confusion on the situation!

Sponsored

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope, you should brush up on your reading comprehension skills. You cherry picked a certain part of the article which to me seemed like it was done on purpose. I was clarifying it had nothing to do with the Maverick.
Sorry. I was trying to be funny. I also have no idea what those 26 recalls in two months have to do with my Maverick.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is the list of affected vehicles from the Takata Airbag recall, https://www.nhtsa.gov/takata-recall-spotlight/do-not-drive-warning

Ford is using ZF Passive Safety US, Inc. for the airbags in the Maverick. Here is a page that explains The Airbag recall on the Maverick very well. https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/recall/recalls-and-faqs/22c20-maverick-2022-side-curtain-airbag-recall/#:~:text=ZF Passive Safety US, Inc. This site explains that the airbag in the Maverick did not meet NHTSA’s regulations for ejection mitigation . The Takata recall was for exploding airbags that released shrapnel, two very different problems.

I hope this clears up any confusion on the situation!
Thanks Sarah.

I find it interesting that such a broad brush is painted in regards to Ford Motor Company and their dealers when a person has a bad experience.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My airbags were fine but I thought that in order to mark the recall complete, dealers had to send the parts back to Ford? I know that was the case for the 360-camera on the Explorer. Ford wanted the recalled parts back. Likely to prevent the very thing this thread is discussing.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My airbags were fine but I thought that in order to mark the recall complete, dealers had to send the parts back to Ford? I know that was the case for the 360-camera on the Explorer. Ford wanted the recalled parts back. Likely to prevent the very thing this thread is discussing.
Normally that's the case. All warranty and recall parts have to held by the dealer until Ford sends out a list of parts that can be discarded. That includes all one time use parts like nuts and bolts.

If Ford calls back a bolt that was replaced on a warranty job and the dealer can't find it they will not pay for the whole job. That's parts and labor.

There were so many airbags, latch kits and clutch kits being replace at the same time a few years ago that Ford would only call back a very few of them.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
26 calls in two months. Two cases, one closed by the agent.

When I contacted the original agent about why she closed the case, she ignored me.

New case's manager has not called me once. The last agent I called last week felt so bad for me that she told me to contact her personally if I get no movement.

Ford corporate is useless and is absolutely 100% complicit in what's going on at the dealership level if they are choosing to not hold basic quality standards AND failing to act with any ounce of concern for customer safety after 26 calls, pictures of the issue, and screenshots from their official service manual.

Screenshot_20240226-125232.png
Can you work with a different dealer to order and install a new headliner ? Also file a BBB claim- It worked for me back in WA with some AT&T nonsense.

Reactions: bgn
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can you work with a different dealer to order and install a new headliner ? Also file a BBB claim- It worked for me back in WA with some AT&T nonsense.
The dealer where I bought it is willing to work with me and Ford. Ideally, Ford can authorize the repair and pay them that way. I hope that my luck improves and that I've finally found an agent that's willing to work with me given the serious nature of the case.

My concern is it's not just the headliner or the missing nuts, and that it's worse than that once the headliner gets pulled. We'll see. It's a bit of "you don't know what you don't know."

Sarah Davis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Normally that's the case. All warranty and recall parts have to held by the dealer until Ford sends out a list of parts that can be discarded. That includes all one time use parts like nuts and bolts.

If Ford calls back a bolt that was replaced on a warranty job and the dealer can't find it they will not pay for the whole job. That's parts and labor.

There were so many airbags, latch kits and clutch kits being replace at the same time a few years ago that Ford would only call back a very few of them.
Thank you this gave me the idea to talk to our service manager and get our specific process, and accountability measures

Ford does not have the parts sent back to them on a regular basis at this time, but we are required to keep the parts for a certain amount of time before they are disposed of.
1. the new part is signed off by the parts department
2. the tech replaces the recalled parts and puts them in a box with an OR number.
3. parts manager signs off on the box to confirm they are the old parts
4. Service manager also signs off on the box confirming they are old parts

He told me if ford found a service department not performing the recalls correctly they would not only fine the dealer and service department but also the specific technician that "performed" the recall, and that tech would never work in ford service again.

If you are struggling with ford customer service, ask for a manager and hit social media tagging Mike Levine, Jim Farley, and ford media.
Sponsored